FTA-TV The Footy Show 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh thank F**K for that and the new show is being shot in Sydney.. double like.

LOL to channel 9 with Hughesy still to appear in at least 1 show of theirs which wont air till 2018.. bang.

SuperSteele22

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I liked Trev and still found him funny most of the time but have ch9 forgotten that his last few years on the show the audience reaction to him was basically the same as the reaction to Hughes ?
+1.

People tend to forget how bad he was in his last couple of years.

Dadadadaaaaaa

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
if i had to hear one more story or joke about how his son now goes for the crows and loves eddie betts or that bolton ******* story i might of smashed my tv
As soon as he says the words "my son" I turn the TV over knowing whats about to come. I'm a Carlton fan and I find it embarrassing that Op's have to hear that garbage..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chicken Parma

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2011
Leongatha
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Jaguars, Renegades
Today's Sunday Herald Sun claims that Crawf has told Nine he doesn't want to return the show next year, although he has a contract with Nine until the end of 2018. Apparently he wasn't happy with the "comic relief" role he's been playing over the last few years.

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Today's Sunday Herald Sun claims that Crawf has told Nine he doesn't want to return the show next year, although he has a contract with Nine until the end of 2018. Apparently he wasn't happy with the "comic relief" role he's been playing over the last few years.
Bit werid since you could argue he's been playing that role since he started on the show 20 odd years back.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Poor guy nobody wants to be the Billy. Of course who did he think they'd turn to for the Billy role after he'd been acting(?) the fool on the show for years.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Bit werid since you could argue he's been playing that role since he started on the show 20 odd years back.
It was OK when they still had Billy on for him to feel superior to but after the whole Lyon/Billy bust up Crawf has become the Billy.

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Wasn't the comic relief role it was the completely reduced role McGuire gave to him doing the back the truck up.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Would love it if they could snaffle Dane Swan on as a regular panelist to take the opposition players out of their comfort zone.

Crawf seems like a really good guy but I just don't find him funny. He is always over top trying to hard. His little practical jokes got old fast. Loved his work raising money for Breast Cancer though, I'd like to see him do that again. Very inspiring stuff.

Also, anyone else super excited to hear Bec will go on maternity leave? Hopefully the ratings are better without her and they don't re-sign her for 2019!

Back