Food & Drink Recipe Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I made a bread dough yesterday to proof overnight... the result....

Screenshot_20171022-131258.jpg
Screenshot_20171022-131237.jpg
A sourdough made off the top of my head (no recipe) which was bloody brilliant! Tangy & sour (like I like it). Dense but still light enough. Good crust. A complete fluke.

Got me wondering if anyone on here had any good actual recipes for bread?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smashed Egg, chilli, mango chutney & yoghurt over flat bread
Smashed egg, mango chutney with chili & yogurt on flatbread. I totally suck at making bread. It hates me.
egg mango chutney.jpg

Ingredients​

• 4 large free-range eggs
  • 100 g self-raising flour , plus extra for dusting
  • 6 tablespoons natural yoghurt
  • 2 tablespoons mango chutney
  • 1 fresh red chilli

Method​

1. Lower the eggs into a pan of vigorously simmering water and boil for 5½ minutes exactly, then refresh under cold water until cool enough to handle, and peel.
  2. Meanwhile, put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat.
  3. In a bowl, mix the flour with a little pinch of sea salt, 4 tablespoons of yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil until you have a dough. Halve, then roll out each piece on a flour-dusted surface until just under ½cm thick.
  4. Cook for 3 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway.
  5. Dot the mango chutney and remaining yoghurt over the breads.
  6. Halve the soft-boiled eggs and arrange on top, smashing them in with a fork, if you like.
  7. Finely slice the chilli and scatter over (as much as you dare!), drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and black pepper from a height.

Tips​

EASY SWAPS
– Swap the chilli for a handful of toasted nuts or finely chopped coriander, or leave it out completely.
– Any chutney would work well here. Shop-bought is absolutely brilliant, or you could even make your own.
– Go for poached eggs, if that’s your vibe. Check out our easy guide for the perfect poached egg.

EXTRA VEG
– Serve with a handful of rocket, watercress or wilted spinach for a delicious veggie boost.

Last edited:
Do you have the Jamie Oliver "Comfort Food" book Ticky009??

If so, the cornbread recipe in that is bloody outstanding. Highly recommended if you haven't tried it.
No, I don’t have that one. I’ll check out his cornbread recipe online.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back