2018 general discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

If we got the wooden spoon but the boys put in for four quarters every week with a lot of narrow losses a la how Brisbane season unfolded then I could possibly be satisfied with us then having two great draft picks for 2019.
Tom Lynch needs to sign and commit early.
Lynch could do terrible damage to our season and club next year if him and his manager conspire to make it all about him.
If Lynch does that then I’ll turn on him big time and push him out the door myself.
He has until May 31 to resign with us for mine, after that I won’t be tolerating the crap that will go with the will he or won’t he crap.
We all know how the Melbourne Scum Media relentlessly go after us when they smell blood.
Unlike Steven May, Lynch knows who the Coach is, can see what’s happening with the list and where we are headed.

Tom Lynch-consider yourself on notice.

Totally on board with this view...aired it myself a while back...the longer the Lynch story hangs over this club next season, the more destabilising it will become (proof is in the recent toxic pall left by the Messiah/Weirdo-ed one)....Tom, trust in the Dew, sign a one year extension and kick goals!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally on board with this view...aired it myself a while back...the longer the Lynch story hangs over this club next season, the more destabilising it will become (proof is in the recent toxic pall left by the Messiah/Weirdo-ed one)....Tom, trust in the Dew, sign a one year extension and kick goals!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree that this would be a good option - sign Lynch up early for 1 year and pay him something ridiculous (e.g. $1.7m - we should be able to afford it given our current list) as he is taking a risk on getting a long-term deal.

Next year will be tough to make a quantum leap, but would hope that we can build to make a real launch in 2019.

If we can just start giving a consistent effort and structured game plan and we are getting close enough with the promise of things to come hopefully that will enough for Lynch to give us a chance.

With the way Lynch played in 2017, I would rather see him go and cut bait. However, if captaincy and injury hampered him (the guy is 25 this week) then I'm all for allowing him to play himself into form and test the waters. Unlike most, I'd rather see him sign at the end of the season instead of saddling the club with a huge contract too early on. There's no doubt he's a very good player, but he wasn't in 2017 and he showed his immaturity in many ways. That he's even talking about leaving may be enough for management to start putting contingencies in place.
In the NFL last week, a player in my favourite team complained and management turfed him out the door. The player was NaVorro Bowman, who is an elite player and was a co-captain. The team was the 49ers, who have recently appointed a new coach and general manager. That is the kind of no bullshit stance you want to see. Oh, you don't want to play here by our rules? See you later! Anyone else have something to say?

Even though Tom speaks with all the eloquence of a mute aardvark, if the AFL is at all serious about the game up here, it should chip in with some kind of ambassadorial payment to help ensure he stays. You know like those massive payments given to a certain campaigner and the other bloke who pissed off recently.

Even though Tom speaks with all the eloquence of a mute aardvark, if the AFL is at all serious about the game up here, it should chip in with some kind of ambassadorial payment to help ensure he stays. You know like those massive payments given to a certain campaigner and the other bloke who pissed off recently.
Sounds like Geelong and Gaz will refund his PR payments, so there could be a bit of a budget for that. I'd rather pay it to May though.

Apart from Lynch, the Suns have done some really strong work in signing key players to long term deals. Now that the Ablett albatross no longer hangs around our neck, we can pursue elite talent and afford a few guys around the $800K mark.

Anyone know if the Swans had a tagger the past few seasons?
We desperately need one to nullify the gun opposition mids.
A role for Lonergan with his poor disposal, Rischitelli? or Andrew Swallow as a disciplined tagger if he joins us.
Brandon Jack got delisted by the Swans and fits the mold of tagger in the Swans style. Leftie too, which can be handy.

I would be happy to make May the captain and Tommy vice. It seems Tom doesn't really enjoy speaking to the media. He can still have a massive leadership role, but behind closed doors and let May do all the public speaking.
This is what I was pushing for when Gaz stepped down. May as the captain would be better for everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Good luck with pick 6 wanting to stay at your pissant of a club for longer than a couple of years"
- Greg Tivendale, 18/10/2016

It would be a burn if hadn't come from a player who was totally overlooked in his own draft class. What a flog! Below average player on a below average team because no-one else wanted him and retired at 29 because, just like in the Draft, no team wanted him. If the Suns were around when he was delisted he'd have begged for a contract. I suppose he was talking about the Prestia Trade? Worked out well for Presti, but let's see how Scrimshaw goes over the next 12 seasons or more and watch nobodies like Tivendale eat their words.

It would be a burn if hadn't come from a player who was totally overlooked in his own draft class. What a flog! Below average player on a below average team because no-one else wanted him and retired at 29 because, just like in the Draft, no team wanted him. If the Suns were around when he was delisted he'd have begged for a contract. I suppose he was talking about the Prestia Trade? Worked out well for Presti, but let's see how Scrimshaw goes over the next 12 seasons or more and watch nobodies like Tivendale eat their words.
Not the real Tivendale mate

Knew that post would came back to bite me in the backside. At least Tiges got a flag using that pick 6 for Prestia so that makes life that little bit more bearable.

Obviously not the real Tivendale, if you even half thought that was true then you're very basic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back