Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

expect the Eagles to be smashing out the membership emails this week , they love the money
Both clubs should be sending membership details by the end of the week. I know Freo have got an interactive seating plan ready to go. It’s past time that the renewals are normally delivered.

I notice that the AFL website article makes it look like the AFL clubs were the major parties to the deal and makes no mention of the WAFC/AFL stalling tactics and threats to remain at Subiaco.

https://perthstadium.com.au/mcgowan-government-secures-afl-matches-perth-stadium/

As part of the user agreement:

• 50,000 seats will be available for Fremantle Dockers and West Coast Eagles members for their AFL Premiership season home games;
  • At least 6,000 tickets will be available to non-AFL club members for every AFL Premiership season game; and
  • A total of 1,385 Perth Stadium memberships, for fans who wish to enjoy every event at the stadium, will be sold by VenuesLive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now for the sharp end of the new stadium, the extra seating:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-22/new-perth-stadium-deal-finally-reached
WEST COAST and Fremantle can finally start pitching membership packages to their members after a user agreement was reached for the new $1.5billion Perth Stadium.
....West Coast and Fremantle, 50,000 seats will be available for members of the teams for their AFL premiership season home games.

At least 6000 tickets will be available to non-AFL club members for every one of those matches.
Only 1385 Perth Stadium memberships will be on offer for fans who want to see every event at the new facility.

Good luck to the clubs with the whingers ....

Still think a breakdown like this would have been better- dont think 6000GA and 1000 Tourism will sell each week:

53000 AFL home team
4500 GA
1400 Stadium Club
550 Tourism
400 Home Team allocation for sponsors etc
150 Venues Live allocation

Total- 60000

60,000 - (50,000 + 6000 + 1385) = 2615.

Who gets the 2615 remaining seats - visiting clubs?
There are 1000 to Tourism WA
and I think around 750 for the home team and venues live combined
Then I think 500 automatically reserved for the away team

Still doesnt quite add up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back