List Mgmt. It's not over ..... DFA options

Remove this Banner Ad

Given we're a bit thin on ruck stocks, these two would be perfect.

really? Spencer is no better than Daw and hasn't Daw's lack of footy as a kid for an excuse. And Clarke would be behind Goldy, Pruess and I'd rather see McKay spend as bit of time in there.

No from me.

really? Spencer is no better than Daw and hasn't Daw's lack of footy as a kid for an excuse. And Clarke would be behind Goldy, Pruess and I'd rather see McKay spend as bit of time in there.

No from me.
Yeah nah, assumed the sarcasm would be obvious, my bad.

I was actually hoping we'd lose one of our rucks so another one is the last thing we need.

I'd be happy if the club took a rookie list gamble on any of them.

Based on nothing, O'Rourke would be my preference.

Toumpas would be worth it for some smiles. Gotta have something to laugh about for a while

I want to see us play Clark, Spencer, Daw, Goldstein and Preuss all in the same side. Because taller is better.
Add Brown and Larkey to this and the 2018 flag is ours.

His kick is a weapon though. If he could play the Mullett role ie kickouts and rebounds it could be worth it for free, not many blokes can gain 85 metres with a drop punt.

Are we good enough to carry a bloke who would be a liability in every other aspect of the game? Geelong did it with Josh Hunt but they were an exceptional team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kick is a weapon though. If he could play the Mullett role ie kickouts and rebounds it could be worth it for free, not many blokes can gain 85 metres with a drop punt.
If only footy was about what you do with the pill. The other 98% of the time is just as vital in the modern game.

I think the only reason we'd need a DFA is to provide cover for inside mids. None of these guys are much chop. Rather try out a kid or a state league player.

Played a few games when Melbourne were contending for finals at year’s end. Wasn’t absolutely terrible. If we’ve got lots of rookie space he wouldn’t be the worst pick up, especially with a new VFL side to fill. Has technically captained an AFL side and apparently an A+ citizen. Maybe just a big VFL offer if that’s a thing? Make him VFL skipper.
I hope there was a sliding doors article bagging Melbourne for the way they treat ex captains.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are a number of youngish players that would be worthy of a rookie list spot if they get delisted.

Troy Menzel is one of them, he was pretty consistent in the SANFL this year and kicked some good bags. Is mercurial and still has talent. We are pretty stocked for half forwards though.

Sam Collins, showed heaps at Freo before breaking his leg. Quite strong but doesn't really have much of an offensive side. Good mark, and good at 1%er's. Again though we are pretty stocked for defenders.

Hartung is probably what we need on a wing with his pace. Need to lock him in the gym so he can be a bit more physical. I doubt he will be delisted anyway.

Other than Mcdonald we don't have any long damaging kicks, so Mckenzie is appealing for that. When he played at the jets his best footy was off a wing but I don't think he has the tank to play there at AFL level. Would love him to do a pre-season lose some kg's and run through the midfield a bit more.

Burnt by the hawks one time too many?

Bingo. And they're hardly bursting with an effervescent young midfield themselves so if they're willing to cut a young runner with a big tank I'd be letting someone else take the grenade.

I’d take a punt on Lennon and O’Rourke

Lennon cause we could do with more depth in the mid to small forwards given we may loose Thomas.

O’Rourke for the gamble and huge potential as another Ahern type project mid.

Would only offer 1 year for both..
O'Rourke is what we need if we can get him fit and playing clean disposer of the ball and very creative Hawks got him for exactly that reason worth rookie

O'Rourke is what we need if we can get him fit and playing clean disposer of the ball and very creative Hawks got him for exactly that reason worth rookie

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back