Smokeyr67

Premiership Player
Mar 8, 2002
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pies
To name a couple of German Shorthaired Pointer puppies that may be making me a very happy old fart soonish.

If all goes well I should be the proud new feeder of a couple of pups soon after xmas, a dog and a bitch and I've been thinking about names.

At the moment, the front runners are Colin and Margaret, but any other Collingwood centric name suggestions would be more than welcome.

Shane

Must admit my boy Jock is named for obvious reasons. For the girl I can't think of anything off the top of my head, did really enjoy Moana as a name though.

I am of course right in assuming this thread will have pictures of said puppies when you get them? :D

To name a couple of German Shorthaired Pointer puppies that may be making me a very happy old fart soonish.

If all goes well I should be the proud new feeder of a couple of pups soon after xmas, a dog and a bitch and I've been thinking about names.

At the moment, the front runners are Colin and Margaret, but any other Collingwood centric name suggestions would be more than welcome.

Shane
Dog and bitch should do the job.

Thanks for the replies guys, unfortunately I have to wait a bit longer for some pups, the last litter was small (only 3 pups) so I'm waiting for more pups to be born before I can get some unnecessary help with the gardening.

I rather like Rosy for the bitch, but Maggie is still in the mix, and for the dog Jock or Buckley are leading the way.

I'm a bit of the fan of abbreviating a name when they're good, and using their full name when they're being bad, so Margaret/Maggie Buckley/Bucks/Bucko have a bit of an advantage.

I actually have a test for dog names, it goes as follows;
1. Wire up my alarm clock to a set of airhorns, a siren and a 36 volt electrode.
2. Between my bed and the backdoor, layout 2 rolls of rusty barbed wire, 3 buckets of broken glass and a dozen rusty rat traps.
3. Set my pre rigged alarm to 02:45.
4. Drink 1 bottle of Vodka (only 700mls, I'm not crazy)
5. Take 1 stilnox and 1 rohypnol
6. Go to bed at 23:30, double check alarm and attach electrode to testicles.

Now, when the alarm goes off at a quarter to 3, if I'm able to remove the electrode, negotiate the barbed wire, broken glass and rat traps, get to the back door and hiss "comherebuckleyyouuslessbastarddog" without the neighbours waking up, then it's a workable dog name. If I fail to make the door (either by death or discouragement) or wake the neighbours, the Tiddles Smarty Rainbow Farts isn't the name for my dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back