List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Id just like another Isaac heeney type with our first pick, a dan hannerbery type with our 2nd and an Adam Goodes type with our 3rd. Rookie spots filled with Rampe and Grundy types.

The Swans Blog can you pass this information on to Kinnear when you interview him?

Thanks.

Sam Hayes. 203cm ruck.

Wow I would be livid if we picked him when we're screaming out for midfield class

Agreed. You don't pick up a Hayes type at pick 14. Sure he could be great one day, but realistically we would be waiting at least 4 years for that to happen, and odds are he would be poached by a Victorian club before that happened, and that is even assuming he makes it, as it is very hard to predict and identify talented ruckmen.

The amount of guys in the top 15 who are coming of major knee or shoulder injuries is frightening. The load these kids are putting on is probably too much?
I'd steer clear of anyone that age with an acl history tbh - medical clearance or not. It's going to make for a tough draft choice for those at the pointy end.
Didn’t Lever do an ACL before being drafted by the Crows? Risk reward.

Didn’t Lever do an ACL before being drafted by the Crows? Risk reward.

Burton, Stringer had a massive injuries as well. I am sure there are a lot more. Judd had shoulder issues before being drafted didn't he???

Quality is quality.

I say, pick the best talent in the first round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping to get the best available key defender with one of our first two picks. Unfortunately Adelaide may beat us to the punch in the first round if there is one so we may need to wait till the second round.

A line breaker to replace Murray and crumbing forward with a late pick or rookie draft are the other 2 positions I hope we fill.

The Swans Blog can you pass this information on to Kinnear when you interview him?

Thanks.
We'll be asking him generic questions, not who the Swans are specifically.

Who the top talents are, where you think they'll go, what sort of player are the Swans looking for, or is it the best available etc

The amount of guys in the top 15 who are coming of major knee or shoulder injuries is frightening. The load these kids are putting on is probably too much?
I'd steer clear of anyone that age with an acl history tbh - medical clearance or not. It's going to make for a tough draft choice for those at the pointy end.

Joel Selwood or not?

I am going to open myself up to a world of pain here but I am going to list every player that I had my heart set on the Swans getting since I have been following the draft very closely

2008 - Lewis Johnson
2009 - Gary Rohan, Luke Tapscott
2010 - Patrick Karnezis
2011 - Tom Mitchell (obvious)
2012 - Can't remember
2013 - Zac Jones
2014 - Isaac Heeney and Sam Durdin
2015 - Callum Mills
2016 - Will Brodie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad