Analysis 2017 Non-Crows Discussion Thread - Part V for Vendetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won’t get into everything on here but the last straw was my auto renewal of my membership and the 5pm text last night (club closes then which makes the timing of it even more ridiculous) and the condescending rude idiot in membership ‘customer service’ who kept telling me that I had approved the auto renewal and then proceeded to lecture me about it even when I insisted I didn’t. That’s not how you do customer service and judging by the club being swamped with calls I’d say they’ve just taken a lot of members by surprise and pissed off a lot of people.

Decided not to be a member this year. Got the gold membership last year as I had a good feeling about us but I think we’re in for a tough period unfortunately and after splashing out on going to the GF last year only to watch us serve up that tripe I need a break.
Funny you say that, I'm a 3 game member and was on the auto renewal and swear I didn't sign up to it.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Funny you say that, I'm a 3 game member and was on the auto renewal and swear I didn't sign up to it.

I KNOW I wouldn’t have signed up for it as I don’t do crap like that.

I KNOW I wouldn’t have signed up for it as I don’t do crap like that.
I think the auto renewal comes hand in hand with paying in instalments (although I could be wrong).

Pitty you didn't get more advanced notice. I got a letter outlining the new membership price and the date for the auto renewal a couple of weeks ago. I also got and email and text in the last week.

You must have slipped between the cracks.

Seems they've stolen that too !
They can't even come up with an unoriginal good idea !

http://adage.com/article/print-edition/nfl-intends-push-olive-ball-china/112244/

TWENTY YEARS before......

1986 ....

https://www.csmonitor.com/1986/0311/obowl.html
Ha, when I heard "oliveball" my first thought was that an American football looks more like an olive than ours. So there you go, they've ended up branding our game as a version of NFL :rolleyes:

What's wrong with "Australian Football" anyway? It's not like the Chinese don't know "football".

If you pay by credit card you have to tick a box for auto renewal. It is part of the deal

I think the auto renewal comes hand in hand with paying in instalments (although I could be wrong).

Pitty you didn't get more advanced notice. I got a letter outlining the new membership price and the date for the auto renewal a couple of weeks ago. I also got and email and text in the last week.

I hadn’t updated my address and I don’t tend to read emails so the text message was the first I heard of it.

Nope don't pay by installments.

Won’t get into everything on here but the last straw was my auto renewal of my membership and the 5pm text last night (club closes then which makes the timing of it even more ridiculous) and the condescending rude idiot in membership ‘customer service’ who kept telling me that I had approved the auto renewal and then proceeded to lecture me about it even when I insisted I didn’t. That’s not how you do customer service and judging by the club being swamped with calls I’d say they’ve just taken a lot of members by surprise and pissed off a lot of people.

Decided not to be a member this year. Got the gold membership last year as I had a good feeling about us but I think we’re in for a tough period unfortunately and after splashing out on going to the GF last year only to watch us serve up that tripe I need a break.
Funny, I got letters in the mail reminding me that my membership was auto renewing on this date, emails AND text messages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny, I got letters in the mail reminding me that my membership was auto renewing on this date, emails AND text messages.
Same.

I think I have had about 5 different messages via 3 media forms.

But China .,..
From the port board

"From Rucci's Reality Bites in today's The Advertiser;

"Oliveball

PORT Adelaide’s Chinese adventure continues to deepen far beyond the original thought of “moving out a crowded Australian market” to find new sponsorship dollars. Club chief executive Keith Thomas has returned from his latest trip to Hong Kong and Shanghai with even grander hopes of having Australian football introduced to more and more Chinese schools. So far, Port Adelaide has its “Power Footy” program in 15 schools, adding another two in Shanghai, during this week’s trip. There is hope to take this reach to 100 schools.

But there was an interesting challenge in explaining to the Chinese authorities just what game Australian football is.

“When we registered the program 18 months ago we could not say it was soccer nor rugby,” Thomas said. “We settled on Australian Oliveball. And the schoolkids are enthusiastically embracing the game.”

smithy7 and OneGreatClub like this."

17 schools ...17
They want it in 100 ... looking good
:rolleyes:

"Australian Oliveball"

Oliveball:$

WTF ???
And bless .... looked who liked the post .....
There are 292 thousand primary and middle schools in China.

Great stat !
Ha
And they've infiltrated 17 with a game they've changed the name of

.... and THAT is why I ****ing LOVE that club

Have imparted that stat to the puffers ..ha !

Last edited:
Did that Hunter guy ever admit it was him or one his work experience lackeys that penned that letter?
:D
I don't know
Can't get an answer from the puffers about it !

http://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-12-20/an-open-letter-from-shanghai

"Port Adelaide received this 'open letter' from a Shanghai-based family whose children participated in the Power's recent promotional tour. "

Mmm... Kane ... lying to your members ???

We got a live one over there on the Bay - bit of a cross between OneGreatLittleMissSunshine and good old bogan boy Smivvy

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-league-football.869924/page-76#post-53218006

I've asked again
Not expecting an answer !

Last edited:
Port will get them all up and running eventually. They're working to a five century plan.

Neither did I, and yes, I paid by credit card. I would never have checked the box, if it ever existed last year.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Yes you would have. It's the " i agree to the terms and conditions..." box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back