News JLT Community Series Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond to play Essendon and North in the JLT Community Series games.

Essendon v Richmond Saturday 24th February at Wangaratta 4.35pm

Richmond v North Wednesday March 7th at Ikon Park 7.05pm

Interesting how Geelong and Collingwood are the only sides to play an interstate side (against Gold Coast and GWS respectively)

Talk of getting in early. In the event we lose both games. How long does it take the usual people saying season over dimma this and dimma that haha. Smash both Ess and North :)

Premiers always start slowly. Long season in 2017 and mandatory player rest period means most other teams get a jump on the premiers in terms of 2018 preparation.

This is all new for us, so no premature speculation for me based on our 2018 JLT performance.

Having said that and, with tongue firmly planted in cheek, the #lolnorf JLT game will be season defining for them!

Haere Ra

Premiers always start slowly. Long season in 2017 and mandatory player rest period means most other teams get a jump on the premiers in terms of 2018 preparation.

This is all new for us, so no premature speculation for me based on our 2018 JLT performance.

Having said that and, with tongue firmly planted in cheek, the #lolnorf JLT game will be season defining for them!

Haere Ra
Premiers , that sounds great doesn't it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk of getting in early. In the event we lose both games. How long does it take the usual people saying season over dimma this and dimma that haha. Smash both Ess and North :)
Depends on how the loss is like and what is involved. I personally think people dismiss preseason form too much. It can act as a preview of the 2017 season if you know what to look for.

For example:
- Richmond's backline without Rance restricted Adelaide's full-strength forward line to only 73 points, a sign that our backline would be good. I remember being so surprised at that as I was expecting us to only be able to beat them in a shoot-out.
- Richmond dominated Adelaide, Port Adelaide and Collingwood in at least 1 quarter. Our pressure was great! In many of our games this year, we dominated at least 1 quarter as well.
- Richmond got smashed by Collingwood in the first half. Again, it showed that if the effort goes, we can get smashed badly. Adelaide and St Kilda losses were much in the same way.

In 2016 we conceded way too much from turnovers against Port Adelaide in the preseason game. Our attitude was way off when wanting to stop the game and pulling players out of the field. Again, that was a preview of the 2016 game, where we conceded a lot from turnovers.

Also, Bulldogs lost to Brisbane, Melbourne and had to come back from about 40-50 points down against Gold Coast. That was a sign that they might be in for an average 2017 season as well.

Dimma doesnt take pre season seriously. He just uses it to get some fitness into players and give the younger recruits some game time.
Well, we don't take the entire preseason seriously, but there is usually at least one game where we try to play our brand. The others we just put in a team half full of youth.

We especially took this preseason very seriously, and I'll be honest, it worked very well. We finally started the season off well. I want to see us taking the coming year's preseason fixtures against Essendon and North Melbourne seriously too. Don't care about us taking AFL-X seriously or not though.

Richmond the powerhouse club of the competition having to once again prop up minnow basement dwellers like the Druggos and #lolnorf while showing Carltank how to sellout their own stadium.

#weareeveryonesgrandfinal

This is going to be just mean. The boys will barely have had a preseason, Norf will come out trying 100%, probably beat us, and their poor fans will think it means something.

Bless them.

This has a snake baker thread written all over it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back