Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Still going on about this.
Yet to explain how they were shafted.

If my memory serves me correct it's because we faced more A-League teams in the earlier rounds.

Why can't they just have a system like the NPL where team who scored more against better opposition gets to host. * the FFA.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool

Cant say i agree. A boutique rectangle stadium should be used in Sydney

SFS to big.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Lol too big? Look at your population. The problem is the Sydney sport 'supporting' public not the size of the stadium for the biggest city in Australia. Lets not sidetrack the issue.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
If my memory serves me correct it's because we faced more A-League teams in the earlier rounds.

Why can't they just have a system like the NPL where team who scored more against better opposition gets to host. **** the FFA.
Leading into that game our crowds were better from memory.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Lol too big? Look at your population. The problem is the Sydney sport 'supporting' public not the size of the stadium for the biggest city in Australia. Lets not sidetrack the issue.
To big for the event being a week night and the competition not really looked on favorably is what i meant.
Would of prefered it at the Den.

No sidetracking at all.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Adelaide pop 1million
Adelaide avg 9k

Sydney pop 4 mill split between 2 teams
Sydney avg 18k

So Utd have a s**t embarrassing support to?

You just won the league and we finished bottom, wonder if that had anything to do with it ??

Sydney sporting fans are ridiculed nationwide, not just by us.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Jesus ******* Christ.

There's some usually excellent posters here who've become embarrassing conspiracy theorists.

The lack of formula for the FFA final hosting rights has been a joke for years now. It's not suddenly an anti-Adelaide policy. Get the * over it. It was always going to be held in Sydney after they made the final and played it in Melbourne last year. The only real joke is that it's at the SFS rather than Leichardt... but Leichardt is still in Sydney!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Jesus ******* Christ.

There's some usually excellent posters here who've become embarrassing conspiracy theorists.

The lack of formula for the FFA final hosting rights has been a joke for years now. It's not suddenly an anti-Adelaide policy. Get the **** over it. It was always going to be held in Sydney after they made the final and played it in Melbourne last year. The only real joke is that it's at the SFS rather than Leichardt... but Leichardt is still in Sydney!
I think that's my main gripe to be honest. We all know SFS isn't going to be half full, it'll just look ordinary.

As for the game being in Sydney, once they made it, it was ALWAYS going to be there and to be honest, I can see why. Sydney play 3 days before the Final, we play 5 days before.

Putting everything else aside, that's a reasonable enough reason to have the game in Sydney. But this issue must be solved.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
I think that's my main gripe to be honest. We all know SFS isn't going to be half full, it'll just look ordinary.

As for the game being in Sydney, once they made it, it was ALWAYS going to be there and to be honest, I can see why. Sydney play 3 days before the Final, we play 5 days before.

Putting everything else aside, that's a reasonable enough reason to have the game in Sydney. But this issue must be solved.
Sydney end up playing 3 games in a row in NSW so them playing 3 days earlier is such a bullshit reason.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Adelaide pop 1million
Adelaide avg 9k

Sydney pop 4 mill split between 2 teams
Sydney avg 18k

So Utd have a s**t embarrassing support to?

Hahahaha you have split the two Sydney areas in half clearly it's nowhere near 50/50? And take out the wanderers home games where their supporters massively increase the numbers. Adelaide doesnt get those games. So what's your average without the wanderers games?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Hahahaha you have split the two Sydney areas in half clearly it's nowhere near 50/50? And take out the wanderers home games where their supporters massively increase the numbers. Adelaide doesnt get those games. So what's your average without the wanderers games?
They are a h and a game why should i remove them?

May 29, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bungaree FNC
FFA's case for the first three FFA Cup's was always based on commercial considerations. That was made exceptionally clear last year.

Really should be done based on first out of the hat in the interest of fairness, but given the FFA arent exactly swimming in money its understandable.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
They are a h and a game why should i remove them?

Because then you are using the 4 million not 2 million (still lol at sydney being 2 million and western sydney being 2 million). Cant be used in the comparison as its two full sets of supporters infact the majority of them are wsw. So you're counting wsw fans..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back