Biggest bull**** moment 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Cotchin getting off the first time.
2.Cotchin getting off the second time.
3.Cotchin getting off a third time/
4.Cotchin a Premiership captain.
Listening to grown men, so called experts, telling the entire football community we didn't see what we saw.
Just next door to the MCG there’s a rectangular ground called AAMI Park. They play soccer there. Perhaps that s**t is better suited to you. Let these grown men play football.

1. Cotchin getting off the first time.
2.Cotchin getting off the second time.
3.Cotchin getting off a third time/
4.Cotchin a Premiership captain.
Listening to grown men, so called experts, telling the entire football community we didn't see what we saw.

Mate, if a few more of your team’s players went as hard at the ball as Cotchin, you might have won a few more games.

Mate, if a few more of your team’s players went as hard at the ball as Cotchin, you might have won a few more games.
I'm sorry, but hard at it and Cotchin should only be used in a sentence by Richmond supporters.

Dixon shot clock was the obvious one, made worse by it being completely ignored when a WCE player went ten seconds over in the EF (AND EVERY OTHER TIME DURING THE SEASON).

How many home finals have you had at kardinia park?
The point is?

It's 2017 and we have an 18 team competition and Geelong has it's OWN home ground. After a 23 round Qualifying series if Geelong qualify higher than the team below them then that game must be played at Geelong, no matter who that team is. You can't have one rule for an interstate team and one for a regional team 75km out of Melbourne.
If it's a real problem for the AFL then kick Geelong out altogether, i have no issue with that either!

The likelihood of GWS finishing higher than Essendon and playing at Spotless in a first final next season is very high, what should we do, scheduled it at the MCG? Attendances should no longer come into it. It's a TV game. Buy a TV set. The AFL do have a $2.5 Billion TV deal don't they?
If Geelong finish higher than Essendon and are scheduled to meet in 2018, then IMO, it's off to Simonds stadium Bombers fans!

If not, then tear the bloody ground down and re-locate the Cats to Tassie!

The "sooking" from Geelong fans about the home final being played at the MCG paled into insignificance compared to the sooking from Richmond fans for months about having to play a home and away game at our home ground a month earlier.

Back on topic, Richmond fans being told by Richmond's official Twitter account to blatantly grab tickets allocated to Geelong fans for the Qualifying Final when the Richmond allocation sold out was up there.
They werent allocated to Geelong fans. It was in the Public sale and Richmond outpaced Geelong sales by a huge margin. At that point it should have been a free for all. Why should Richmond fans in the Public sale miss out because Geelong fans didnt want to go?

If Geelong finish higher than Essendon and are scheduled to meet in 2018, then IMO, it's off to Simonds stadium Bombers fans!

I agree, I think it's bullshit that you guys don't get to play at Kardinia Park in finals.

The point is?

It's 2017 and we have an 18 team competition and Geelong has it's OWN home ground. After a 23 round Qualifying series if Geelong qualify higher than the team below them then that game must be played at Geelong, no matter who that team is. You can't have one rule for an interstate team and one for a regional team 75km out of Melbourne.
If it's a real problem for the AFL then kick Geelong out altogether, i have no issue with that either!

The likelihood of GWS finishing higher than Essendon and playing at Spotless in a first final next season is very high, what should we do, scheduled it at the MCG? Attendances should no longer come into it. It's a TV game. Buy a TV set. The AFL do have a $2.5 Billion TV deal don't they?

If not, then tear the bloody ground down and re-locate the Cats to Tassie!

You earn a home state final, not a home ground final. It was the same with Sydney playing home finals at ANZ for years.

Exactly.

8 games in Geelong
9 in Melbourne
5 elsewhere

Every year

Kissed on the dick with their stadium deal. Other Vic clubs have to travel 6-7 times a year, but they get away with 5.

Plus, this year Geelong got a home game against Richmond but Richmond didn’t get a return home game. Play that round 21 game at the MCG and Richmond win, finish above the Cats and earn a home final anyway.

Step 1: Melt
Step 2: Get your facts wrong.
Step 3: Speak in hypotheticals
Step 4: Profit????
Step 5 Mention the Premiership, you know you're dying to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly might have won yet Geelong supporters act like they had it in the bag if it was played at Kardinia Park despite losing by 51 points

I reckon we would have been absolutely belted at KP too.
Our worst performance of the year by some margin.

Doesn't change the fact Richmond had the good fortune of not earning a home final, yet still having it played at their home ground.

Doesn't change the fact Richmond had the good fortune of not earning a home final, yet still having it played at their home ground.
Don’t forget Richmond have to play almost all their home games without a home ground advantage. Geelong get a massive H&A advantage against other Vic teams, but lose that in finals. Of course, the Cats still get that advantage vs interstate teams even in finals.

Overall a massive advantage to the Cats, and since we've all helped pay for the stadium, a massive advantage for Geelong the city too.

28 to 17. Not exactly double.

Don't forget that Bachar Houli missed two sitters after two soft frees though, let alone Riewoldt kicking a goal straight after marking a kick after a passage of play where the ball was so far out of bounds it nearly bounced off a couple of bar stools in the Brownlow Stand yet was never called back.
At one stage the free kick count was 24 - 7.

Don’t forget Richmond have to play almost all their home games without a home ground advantage. Geelong get a massive H&A advantage against other Vic teams, but lose that in finals. Of course, the Cats still get that advantage vs interstate teams even in finals.

Overall a massive advantage to the Cats, and since we've all helped pay for the stadium, a massive advantage for Geelong the city too.

I didn't forget anything.

Put simply, Richmond didn't earn a Home Final, Richmond played the final at their home ground. Geelong's home ground isn't the MCG.
That's extremely good fortune for the Tigers.

The Geelong points are completely irrelevant.

I didn't forget anything.

Put simply, Richmond didn't earn a Home Final, Richmond played the final at their home ground. Geelong's home ground isn't the MCG.
That's extremely good fortune for the Tigers.

The Geelong points are completely irrelevant.

Well, the point is that Geelong play finals at the MCG. Ok, once they played one at KP. So unless the club, supporters, players, etc. buy into that, you’re going to keep losing finals there.

I’m going to extract the video from the QF, one of my favourite part of the game, where as Geelong runs up the race and the players hear the boos, one of your players is heard to say “get f**ked”. That was game over right there.

Well, the point is that Geelong play finals at the MCG. Ok, once they played one at KP. So unless the club, supporters, players, etc. buy into that, you’re going to keep losing finals there.

I’m going to extract the video from the QF, one of my favourite part of the game, where as Geelong runs up the race and the players hear the boos, one of your players is heard to say “get f**ked”. That was game over right there.

We're making 2 different points.

I have no issue with Geelong playing home Finals at the G, that's where they should be played.
As for us losing Finals, there are about 50 separate reasons we can't get near it at the moment. Playing them at the MCG is just one brick in a pretty big wall right now.

Richmond didn't earn a Home Final. Richmond played their first final at Home. Purely down to luck.

Geelong's issues are irrelevant to that discussion.

We're making 2 different points.

I have no issue with Geelong playing home Finals at the G, that's where they should be played.
As for us losing Finals, there are about 50 separate reasons we can't get near it at the moment. Playing them at the MCG is just one brick in a pretty big wall right now.

Richmond didn't earn a Home Final. Richmond played their first final at Home. Purely down to luck.

Geelong's issues are irrelevant to that discussion.
And Richmond didn’t get one. Not sure if you noticed, but the G was done up in full Geelong colours just like every away game we play there. Geelong played in their home state. Richmond went wherever Geelong we’re playing.

Indeed the whole whining by Geelong players, supporters and their coach played into the crowd hostility against them, and certainly gave Richmond a boost and meant the Geelong players were thinking about anything but the game as they ran onto the ground.

And what better way to incite hiostility than peddle out Brad Ottens before the game! Thank you Cats!

And how many finals has Geelong played at Kardinia Park throughout their history? only 1 and that's because the MCG already had 3 other finals during that week did Geelong supporters sook every other time they had to play a final at the MCG even when playing smaller clubs such as Hawthorn, Sydney and North Melbourne

Exactly might have won yet Geelong supporters act like they had it in the bag if it was played at Kardinia Park despite losing by 51 points
It's an interesting idea. If you accept the premise that Geelong are a 52-point better team at Kardinia than the MCG, then you must believe that the Cats would have lost every game at Kardinia this year if not for the home advantage. Because they didn't beat anyone there by 52+.

Also every game they played elsewhere, they would have won if only it had been at Kardinia instead. Or won by a lot more! For example, if Cats v Hawks was at Kardinia, then Geelong would have won by 138 points.

I'm sorry, but hard at it and Cotchin should only be used in a sentence by Richmond supporters.
lol Essendon supporters are delusional Trent Cotchin is harder than anyone on your list and would be your best player of the last 15 years Essendon are so terrible that they couldn't win a final pumped up with all sorts of PED how pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back