News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would've been nice if the Cotton:On logo on Geelongs jumpers were centred vertically on the white stripe below the collar. Other than that, it looks good! Inverse is also pretty nice and still looks like Geelong without being Carlton-esque.

No idea, I should get a pic next week. Friend met with a puma rep and saw the new jumpers.

Your friend should have asked what's happening with WC.

Pot Cotton On all you want, but lets not try to pretend that the likes of adidas and Nike don't use cheap labour.

No doubt, but their ethical programs have more rigor in my experience

In b4 #Clash&HomeSwapsies
Any chance of Richmond wearing the premiership winning clash strip in Round 1 v Carlton? Would be a great looking match up.

Dudes, dont joke about s**t like that

Our club is still legally drunk, and who knows what crazy s**t we are agreeing to right now

*fwiw im half expecting us to have a tribal tattoo, a timeshare at yarrawonga, and an alfa romeo by the time we sober up for the JLT

Any chance of Richmond wearing the premiership winning clash strip in Round 1 v Carlton? Would be a great looking match up.
If Richmond is the away team, they should be forced to. But because both are Big Melbourne Clubs, I'm not expecting either team to be in a clash guernsey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its Richmond's home game. Carlton should be the ones in the clash. It won't happen.
Richmond in their clash with black shorts. Carlton in their home with white.

Logos on the chest looks good for Geelong, St Kilda and Port Adelaide but it would look weird on any other team. Especially Richmond, it looks so out of place on the clash.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think it looks good on Port. It's more of a fauxback to Port's SANFL jumper where the Magpies logo sits above the PB design.

Problem with having the Power logo in the same position on the AFL jumper is that it provides more clutter to a space that is already cluttered with three other logos and partly covers the only design element on the front half of the jumper.

The Power logo not only looks bad but it is obsolete - we now have a number panel as well as 1870 on the back, we don't need any more nods to our SANFL past.

#RemoveTheLogo

It's crazy that guernseys for the previous season still sell for $70. I mean, they're never going to wear that particular guernsey again. Collingwood are terrible for it, the season will finish, a few weeks will pass, and you'll get an email saying that there's 20% off licensed gear. Idiots like me still get suckered into buying this stuff but you'd think they'd be more desperate to clear this stuff out.

Edit: Just remembered I went into an independent sports store today and they were selling the 2016 Star Athletic indigenous guernsey for $135 for some reason. They've had it for ages.

It's crazy that guernseys for the previous season still sell for $70. I mean, they're never going to wear that particular guernsey again. Collingwood are terrible for it, the season will finish, a few weeks will pass, and you'll get an email saying that there's 20% off licensed gear. Idiots like me still get suckered into buying this stuff but you'd think they'd be more desperate to clear this stuff out.

Edit: Just remembered I went into an independent sports store today and they were selling the 2016 Star Athletic indigenous guernsey for $135 for some reason. They've had it for ages.

Got this 2016 one at my local sportspower for $60 (although I go for port)

8f27cc8bb782ca9e2604c4aad260c508.jpg

Got this 2016 one at my local sportspower for $60 (although I go for port)

8f27cc8bb782ca9e2604c4aad260c508.jpg

I'm sure I'll get a bit of hate for asking this, but I can not get my head around why people would buy an opposition team's guernsey. With something like Basketball I can get it because it is kind of streetwear or even soccer to some extent as there are just so many different clubs (although then again, I'd never get an A-League shirt other than a United one, or an English kit besides Norwich.) but AFL guernseys are so tribal that I don't see the point in owning another clubs' colours. Would like to hear some reasons why people do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back