News Police probe tiger over topless photo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha that last sentence didn't shock me st all.

Was a serious stance behind it though

I wasnt in our mining business, but bhp was a client

Under their policy, i would be prohibited from protesting against uranium mining, because bhp mines the stuff.

Likewise off shore detention because the security mob was a client.

I have no issue being silent regarding my clients, or my firm, but i disagree 100% with staff surrendering their rights to free speech without any degree of qualification

i see about 10 words...pointless and boring words, but you definitely have some
I'm not going to waste my time explaining it. But if you believe that shite then you also work on a new plane of stupidity.

Exactly why I never participate in that 'allegedly' anonymous workplace satisfaction survey that the company requests us to fill out every 12 months, that only takes 20 minutes of your time.
The company wants to make sure you are only 'drinking the kool-aid' with management and don't want to hear anything vaguely negative let alone morew serious, despite repeated statements about 'we need to know is there anything we can improve on'.

Bosses just want to prepare to care about any major issues and deal with them ASAP before employees organise, unionise and agitate. Do that and you have a chance of really improving your workplace.

Probably the bit that he hasn’t been charged with a “sex crime” bit. That bit.

And a football punishment for a criminal offence? Come on...
I didn't say he was charged, I said he'd admitted to it. Which he has. He knows how bloody lucky he is.

I didn't say he was charged, I said he'd admitted to it. Which he has. He knows how bloody lucky he is.

My concern is that he's publicly admitted it and the cops could now proceed without bringing the girl into it at all. He's pleaded guilty so take it to a judge for sentencing...
I hope that's all been dealt with, which may have allowed him to come out, but it's a concern.

But you said the punishment was pissweak. You said he committed a sex crime. As a person who has committed a sex crime I’m just surprised you suggested a 12 week suspension from football was adequate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus **** Christ there's some insensitive flogs in this thread. The number of posters in this thread victim blaming is unbelievable. Some facts for those morons:

1) There is a huge difference between providing consent to someone to take a photo of you and consenting them to send it to all of their mates. The lady in question consented Broad to take a photo of her, she DIDN'T give consent to share it with others. For those too thick to understand the difference, how would you feel if your wife/girlfriend/sister/mother/aunty/friend etc shared a private photo with ONLY their partner, and then that partner put that photo on social media for all to see? Does that make your wife/girlfriend/sister/mother/aunty/friend a sl*t for sending their boyfriend/husband/partner a nude?

2) The lady in question has NOT been given a payout for dropping the charges. This has been confirmed by her lawyers, media, the club etc.

3) Victim blaming is NOT okay. It's this pathetic behavior which contributes towards a society where men can pinch your wife/girlfriend/sisters ass without consent. There is no difference between blaming the victim in this instance and blaming a girl who gets raped when walking through a park at 3AM. In both cases, it's NOT the girl's fault.

4) If you honestly think the victim has any fault in this, you are a deadset dropkick and seriously need to evolve as a human being. I hope a loved one of yours never finds themselves in a similar situation.

I find it interesting you have the above views but make light of a certain situation with Bill Cosby in your user name - or am I missing the irony? :drunk:

I think the fact the photo that went viral had her head cropped saved Nathan to a certain degree. The girl did not want her face in the media. The police took this into account and dropped the charges. If they proceeded her face would have been all over the tv and papers as soon as it hit court.

I rekon this is crap aswell... she got the money she wanted so she dropped the charges if she continued on with the charges her face doesnt have to be shown anywhere...

I'm not sure what people are unhappy with here. The player has admitted doing the wrong thing while drunk. The girl has accepted this outcome.

The player has been humiliated and punished.

As "sex crimes" go it is on the lightest end of the spectrum. So the punishment fits the crime.

While many of us don't blame the girl, she has also learnt a valuable lesson and will never put herself in that position again. There is a big difference between making yourself vulnerable and encouraging a crime.

I think this has also been a valuable lesson for all who have read about it.

My concern is that he's publicly admitted it and the cops could now proceed without bringing the girl into it at all. He's pleaded guilty so take it to a judge for sentencing...
I hope that's all been dealt with, which may have allowed him to come out, but it's a concern.

I'd say all parties agreed this is what it will be

Police drop investigation, anominity sustained, apology and full admission, and possibly compensation down the long stretch when things quiten down

AFL come out as doers, player punished and warning for others this will not be accepted

As for the punishment, we can argue until the sun comes down...

They can take away our dignity, but they can never take away our premiership!

How would they find out? Do the police tell your employer you are being investigated? Not trying to be smart here. Honest question.

Well, yes they would I assume and or I would need to notify my employer of the situation. I may be stood down temporarily if I was innocent but if I was guilty or admitted to misconduct I would be out the door. This would also end up on your police check for any future job opportunities.

Last edited:
I rekon this is crap aswell... she got the money she wanted so she dropped the charges if she continued on with the charges her face doesnt have to be shown anywhere...

Link confirming she got.paid and by whom?

I'm not sure what people are unhappy with here. The player has admitted doing the wrong thing while drunk. The girl has accepted this outcome.

The player has been humiliated and punished.

As "sex crimes" go it is on the lightest end of the spectrum. So the punishment fits the crime.

While many of us don't blame the girl, she has also learnt a valuable lesson and will never put herself in that position again. There is a big difference between making yourself vulnerable and encouraging a crime.

I think this has also been a valuable lesson for all who have read about it.

Whilst the law may determine this a sex crime, I most certainly don't, its stupidity from both parties and he most certainly did the wrong thing and in doing so broke the law, however IMO a sex crime it is certainly not.

I agree with others that doing that interview this morning admitting he lied etc would be sufficient punishment, he would have lost some trust with the club and the leadership group. The most important part was that he apologized sincerely to the lady and admitted complete fault.

Stupid mistake I'm sure he will learn from and hopefully allow others to learn from also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back