Prediction 2018 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

That is a very ugly first 9 rounds. We should win the gold coast and St Kilda match's at home but the other 7 are really tough. We could be 2-7 after 9 rounds.

FREMANTLE 2018 FIXTURE
Round 1: Saturday March 24

Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) 2.35pm
Round 2: Saturday March 31
Essendon (Perth Stadium) 4.40pm
Round 3: Saturday April 7
Gold Coast (Perth Stadium) 2.35pm
Round 4: Saturday April 14
GWS (UNSW Stadium) 11.45am
Round 5: Saturday April 21
Western Bulldogs (Perth Stadium) 6.10pm
Round 6: Sunday April 29
West Coast (Perth Stadium) 2.40pm
Round 7: Sunday May 6
Richmond (MCG) 11.10am
Round 8: Saturday May 12
St Kilda (Perth Stadium) 6.10pm
Round 9: Saturday May 19
Sydney (SCG) 5.25pm

Since McLaughlin took over we have seen a huge shift tiwards a VFL fixture. It is clear that his pay is linked to attendance and ratings as that is all the fixture is focussed on.

The only reason we were doubled up against Carlton and Collingwood twice (rather than Brisbane and Gold Coast) was to give them a fame in Perth Stadium. For attendance reasons of course.

That is a very ugly first 9 rounds. We should win the gold coast and St Kilda match's at home but the other 7 are really tough. We could be 2-7 after 9 rounds.

FREMANTLE 2018 FIXTURE

Richmond (MCG) 11.10am
Sydney (SCG) 5.25pm

Could also be 5-4.

Could be anything. The team clicked on a few occasions last year. I would expect us to click early in the season and fade out like most young teams

I'm pretty happy with the fixture the Darwin game for me is a bonus as i will be on holiday in the NT from port hedland and i'll make sure i'm in Darwin for it.
As for the double ups i know we have the Bombers and Port who everyone thinks will kill it next year because of who they recruited, but i just don't see them being right up there.
The bombers recruited a guy who was mostly interested in what their medical department offered him and another has major personal issues, they also lost alot of experience.
The Power brought in a guy that goes missing in games like Jetta , another that doesn't like getting his hands dirty ( Watts) and as good as Rocky is as getting the ball he isn't very damaging.

So all up i'm pretty happy with the fixture :)

Interesting how Vic sides are travelling less. Having 2 more interstate sides would make it much easier to occur
Its easy when Vic clubs move games they always send a non-Vic club there.

9 vic home games in tassie and NT. Away team is non vic 7 times. Ballarat. 2 non Vic. Manuka three games for GWS. 2 non vic including us.

9 vic home games in tassie and NT. Away team is non vic 7 times. Ballarat. 2 non Vic. Manuka three games for GWS. 2 non vic including
A fair draw. It will never happen. The only concession Pav.got last year was half a dozen extra 1st class seats for west Aussie teams.

I don't get what all the stink ups are about? We get 12 home games, 13 in Perth. We play Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton twice and they're not world beaters, they'll be about our level.

The only way we'll get better is when we beat teams that are 'better' than us and win more games against the 'better' teams on the road. No point beating up on lowly ranked teams, limping into finals and copping a pineapple and a shitty draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FREMANTLE 2018 FIXTURE

Richmond (MCG) 11.10am
Sydney (SCG) 5.25pm
I'd say West Coast, Essendon, Bulldogs, Saints are all fairly close to 50/50 games and they are all home games.

Gold Coast should be more an 80/20 chance.

Definitely a tough start. I'd be hoping for 4 wins from that 9. The back half of our fixture looks more promising.

Last year we pumped Essendon at home but lost to the Saints.

If we’re 4 and 5 after 9 rounds we’ll be going OK.

Last year Essendon were exhausted when they came over. This year they will be fresh with 3 very good recruits. Port Adelaide at home will very tough game as well. I hope the 1st two games do not dent our confidence too much.

I'd say West Coast, Essendon, Bulldogs, Saints are all fairly close to 50/50 games and they are all home games.

Definitely a tough start. I'd be hoping for 4 wins from that 9. The back half of our fixture looks more promising.

Bulldogs, Saints are all fairly close to 50/50 games and they are all home games. (Maybe 60/40)

West Coast, Essendon are more 30/70 games. West Coast will be better with Natanui.

I am probably being too negative as our best 22 is relatively strong but once we get 3-4 injuries we drop off very quickly. We need Fyfe, Neale, Hill, Walters and Hill to have a strong a year and carry our younger to players to a certain extent.

I really hope we are competitive and match the top 6 sides for 3 quarters.

I don't get what all the stink ups are about? We get 12 home games, 13 in Perth. We play Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton twice and they're not world beaters, they'll be about our level.

The only way we'll get better is when we beat teams that are 'better' than us and win more games against the 'better' teams on the road. No point beating up on lowly ranked teams, limping into finals and copping a pineapple and a shitty draft pick.
One Shitty draft pick .

Last year Essendon were exhausted when they came over. This year they will be fresh with 3 very good recruits. Port Adelaide at home will very tough game as well. I hope the 1st two games do not dent our confidence too much.
It's ok we'll be playing Sandi, Mundy, MJ, Spurr, Ballas, DPearce, Sherro and Sutty the first two games. Then we'll remember we're in a rebuild, drop almost all of them and let the youth take over from Rd3 onwards. #groundhogday

What a dynamic opening season for Perth Stadium with 2 twilight games and 16 afternoon games, 13 of them on Sunday and most on Fox outside of WA.

It's great for the state and our two clubs to begin with no one else watching., hopefully some of the travelling clubs forget where it is and rock up at Subiaco.

Maybe this is why they've been showing people all the various light-shows on the news because they're not going to see it next season. Unfortunately the time difference means AFL are loathe to schedule night fixtures here early which is a shame, at least Freo play the top 4 of last year at home too...oh wait.

9 vic home games in tassie and NT. Away team is non vic 7 times. Ballarat. 2 non Vic. Manuka three games for GWS. 2 non vic including us.

The Ballarat one pisses me off the most. In order to win a marginal seat, the Vic ALP enters into a deal with the AFL that if they spend millions to upgrade facilities the AFL will put a match on there. So put two bloody Vic teams there FCS, why should an interstate team be punished by provincial state pork-barrelling?

I'm very confused by the media today.

You have the West and Kim Hagdorn saying that Fremantle has a brutally tough draw with double ups against 3 finalist teams from last season, whilst 882 are saying that we have a great draw in that we have 13 games at the new stadium, no Queensland or Tasmanian games and we play the Eagles, Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton and Port Twice.

So what is it, a good draw or a bad draw?

How many 6 day breaks?

Last edited:

You have the West and Kim Hagdorn saying that Fremantle has a brutally tough draw with double ups against 3 finalist teams from last season, whilst 882 are saying that we have a great draw in that we have 13 games at the new stadium, no Brisbane or Tasmanian games and we play the Eagles, Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton and Port Twice.

How many 6 day breaks?

That's easy, if we make finals next year it is all because we had an easy draw, and if we miss finals it's all because we had a bad draw

Bulldogs, Saints are all fairly close to 50/50 games and they are all home games. (Maybe 60/40)

West Coast, Essendon are more 30/70 games. West Coast will be better with Natanui.

I am probably being too negative as our best 22 is relatively strong but once we get 3-4 injuries we drop off very quickly. We need Fyfe, Neale, Hill, Walters and Hill to have a strong a year and carry our younger to players to a certain extent.

I really hope we are competitive and match the top 6 sides for 3 quarters.
Essendon played us off a 7 day break. Don't read into the Vic propaganda. But I do agree that they will likely be the toughest of those home games.

I think West Coast are on the slide now. We destroyed them in the 2nd derby last year. Just couldn't convert and they could. I'd say 50/50. Don't think NicNat is the saviour they are hoping he is.

You have the West and Kim Hagdorn saying that Fremantle has a brutally tough draw with double ups against 3 finalist teams from last season, whilst 882 are saying that we have a great draw in that we have 13 games at the new stadium, no Brisbane or Tasmanian games and we play the Eagles, Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton and Port Twice.

How many 6 day breaks?
Was looking at my twitter feed and thinking the exact same thing...
freo draw.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back