Sexual Misconduct in Hollywood (+ now Australia!) - All individuals combined

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah while it was a very poor response from Spacey, the rush to judgement is a little puzzling especially the logic that says well he must be a pedo cause a) he didn't deny & b) everyones coming out condemning him so it must be true.

That said & while it doesnt make it right, this stuff's been going on since day dot within the industry with Charlie Chaplin having his way with how many underage starlets back in the day. & without falling into the victim blaming trap, wtf was a 14yo doing there anyway? & where were the parents? The parents happy enough to turn a blind eye to most goings on as long as their offspring keeps getting those high paying Hollywood gigs?...

While we enjoy many of the products produced, it really must be an awful industry to be involved in much of the time.

Spaceys career is over, that's for sure.

The response by him was deplorable (the coming out part). If he had left it at 'I don't recall, I'm so sorry, I wish to apologise in person if this person believes this'. Horribly played.

The victim wasn't held against his will, wasn't injured, wasn't raped, was just a horrible moment in his life, but again, why the * was he at that party? But as per the normal these days it's the worse thing ever and Spacey is a child raping piece of s**t now.

Been rumours for ages about Spacey however those rumours could all have come from this one story, as the guy has said, he hasn't kept it a secret, this is just the first time he has publicly named someone.

You have to wonder just what someone like Drew Barrymore has done/seen.

Spaceys career is over, that's for sure.

Which as I posted before, is a pity, he's a fine actor & I'd like to have gone back & watched American Beauty yet again at some point without this hanging over it.

If Spacey's a serial offender (I mean we would have to expect there will be more victims coming forward in coming days/weeks or else what is this really all about) I've got no problem with his exposure. & it shouldn't stop there, out them all, it will make for interesting times. & a few middle aged coulda beens will start dusting off those acting resumes, there could be some work coming up;)

Which as I posted before, is a pity, he's a fine actor & I'd like to have gone back & watched American Beauty yet again at some point without this hanging over it.

If Spacey's a serial offender (I mean we would have to expect there will be more victims coming forward in coming days/weeks or else what is this really all about) I've got no problem with his exposure. & it shouldn't stop there, out them all, it will make for interesting times. & a few middle aged coulda beens will start dusting off those acting resumes, there could be some work coming up;)

We've had two more drop over the last day. But that's expected.

Woody Allen and Roman Polanski have been accused of and admitted to worse, respectively, and both are still making successful movies decades on.

Polanski isn't allowed in the US though, the second he does he'll be in prison. Also has done like one movie in 5 years, and it wasn't well received.
Same really with Allen, hasn't made a well received movie in a while and certainly not successful.

Polanski isn't allowed in the US though, the second he does he'll be in prison. Also has done like one movie in 5 years, and it wasn't well received.
Same really with Allen, hasn't made a well received movie in a while and certainly not successful.
Woody Allen isn't successful? Pfft.

Woody Allen and Roman Polanski have been accused of and admitted to worse, respectively, and both are still making successful movies decades on.

starting to notice a particular trend with these paedophiles. Woody is still successful but by pure luck. I will never forget how people were defending polanski though. *en sickening.

next up. jeremy piven now under the microscope.

They're both in their 80s now.

Polanski had a period where he struggled for success, but has won an Oscar and made a number of well regarded films.

Allen has been Oscar nominated, and in this decade made Blue Jasmine, a very well received film which won Cate Blanchett an Oscar for Best Actress, and Midnight in Paris which is the biggest commercial success of his career.

Neither were big blockbuster directors before their accusations (and Spacey isn't a blockbuster actor either). I think Spacey's career will suffer for this, but I don't think you can assume it's over, given how much others have succeeded.

Or hell, look at Sean Penn, who people fawn over despite numerous domestic violence allegations going back 30 years.

Polanski had a period where he struggled for success, but has won an Oscar and made a number of well regarded films.

Allen has been Oscar nominated, and in this decade made Blue Jasmine, a very well received film which won Cate Blanchett an Oscar for Best Actress, and Midnight in Paris which is the biggest commercial success of his career.

Neither were big blockbuster directors before their accusations (and Spacey isn't a blockbuster actor either). I think Spacey's career will suffer for this, but I don't think you can assume it's over, given how much others have succeeded.

Or hell, look at Sean Penn, who people fawn over despite numerous domestic violence allegations going back 30 years.
Johnny Depp another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spacey is at the age though where a scandal like this does end his leading man career, House of Cards will end and he'd probably happily retire away.
I think after everything that is happening from Hollywood these scandals are going to do a lot more damage then scandals from even a year ago.

Celebrities are good at what they do but boy a lot of them are weird, twisted individuals.
Lefties usually are under a thin veneer of self-righteousness.

Lefties usually are under a thin veneer of self-righteousness.

1OrlnOa.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back