Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
As mentioned, our shots at goal and crosses were a rinse and repeat Groundhog Day and Eugene barely had to stretch a hamstring.
While I think we played pretty well we’ve got nothing up forward and desperately need Baba back playing regularly. Blackwood offers nothing and shows no desperation, Mileusnic gets in some great positions but struggles to finish, he needs some stronger players around him.
I thought Warland had a good game.
Disagree on Blackwood, felt he was pretty good last night and worked very hard.

Can't complain too much about the ref last night, he helped us out with the red card which wasn't there. You can tell Mileusnic is a 10, he can't hit a cross to save himself. Very handy on the ball and strong, totally the opposite to Kitto but Kitto finishes.

Izzo was rubbish but our defence as a whole was very good. Elsey growing by the minute.

Matmour gaining confidence and Adlung was industrious again, but we need more experience on the pitch. When we do, we will be difficult to beat.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Don't think Blackwood was that bad but he can't continue starting or we are going no where this season. Baba needs to get his body fit because he's been on and off injured since pre-season and it's not good enough.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It's only 4 games in but he isn't earning his money, and is taking up a foreign spot.

scotty13

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tracy Vilage Razorbacks
Anyone else get the feeling that without a quality keeper will we never get anywhere?
I don't rate Izzo, I feel he has let too many goals through (or done things to concede goals) and until this leak stops we will continue to have our backs against the wall.

I know defence has been weakened slightly and Izzo is really in his first full year of keeping (and by god I hope I eat my words and by seasons end he is the genuine keeper we need), and Im sure going from a great like Eugene there will always be a down moment, but its just a feeling I have.

I dont know the bloke, and I dont follow any form of football overly religiously (ie. I watch AU games, but couldnt tell you much on tactics or anything), so maybe I have no idea what Im talking about (most likely), but its just the feeling I get when I watch him.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He's a guy where you're going to have to take the good with the bad for a while until he gathers experience. I would have rathered Eugene for a year or 2 until Margush was ready.

Don't think he will be the difference though, our defence, when all fit will be very strong

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AC Milan, Arsenal, North Adelaide
Anyone else get the feeling that without a quality keeper will we never get anywhere?
I don't rate Izzo, I feel he has let too many goals through (or done things to concede goals) and until this leak stops we will continue to have our backs against the wall.

I know defence has been weakened slightly and Izzo is really in his first full year of keeping (and by god I hope I eat my words and by seasons end he is the genuine keeper we need), and Im sure going from a great like Eugene there will always be a down moment, but its just a feeling I have.

I dont know the bloke, and I dont follow any form of football overly religiously (ie. I watch AU games, but couldnt tell you much on tactics or anything), so maybe I have no idea what Im talking about (most likely), but its just the feeling I get when I watch him.
I hate that he consistently looks panicky when the pressure’s on him. Not a good sign for a keeper. That penalty he gave away was amateur hour. If he jumped straight up with his hands above his head, he would have prevented the header on goal and not given away a penalty.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I hate that he consistently looks panicky when the pressure’s on him. Not a good sign for a keeper. That penalty he gave away was amateur hour. If he jumped straight up with his hands above his head, he would have prevented the header on goal and not given away a penalty.
Exactly right.

Needed to make the challenge..... but yeah not like that

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
No issue with it, he’s a likeable enough bloke but the whole “my wife wants to be closer to Spain” bit, via the US and two different jobs in Sydney has a touch of the Tippetts about it.
He left due to various disagreements and broken promises by the Board but chose not to throw them under the bus.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Ok I’ll stand corrected then but I’m shocked that the media has perpetrated a lie.
:0
Val was never a Josep fan, yet fawned over Amor who is an inferior manager.

But from my perspective we need more characters in the league rather than the Merricks of the world

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Val was never a Josep fan, yet fawned over Amor who is an inferior manager.

But from my perspective we need more characters in the league rather than the Merricks of the world
I’m assuming the Val-Gombau thing goes back to Gombau’s comments about Val’s son.
Sure, characters are good for the game but that can be used as an excuse for a wan*er like Muscat.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I’m assuming the Val-Gombau thing goes back to Gombau’s comments about Val’s son.
Sure, characters are good for the game but that can be used as an excuse for a wan*er like Muscat.
Before that actually, but that certainly and understandably didn't help

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
one of the worst games skill wise we've played in quite a while. gave away possession, misplaced passes, taking pot shots from range, horrible touches. sure it was only 1-0 but we have izzo to thank for that. and isaias.

obviously the personnel is lacking through injuries but i dont think basic skills is too much to ask.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
one of the worst games skill wise we've played in quite a while. gave away possession, misplaced passes, taking pot shots from range, horrible touches. sure it was only 1-0 but we have izzo to thank for that. and isaias.

obviously the personnel is lacking through injuries but i dont think basic skills is too much to ask.
This 100%.
You shouldn’t see skills like that down at park grounds let alone in our national comp. The players are the fittest in the comp but it means nought if your skills are substandard

Back