Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was funny listening to Simon Hill the other day. Rowe was having a go at him for not sticking up for the Socceroos coach. He fires back with “I’m not a cheerleader, I’m a journalist”.

Silence.
Ambassador Stupid should have hit back with "I'm a cheerleader, I'm not a journalist".

Just because someone is in the media, especially in #cringelaide, aka Pissantville, it doesn't make them a journalist.

Like having your club CEO interfere in a private broadcasting organisation is something to be proud of. Logical thought would be to improve themselves so they aren't so open to public criticism, but I suppose it couldn't possibly be their fault
Maybe the CEO's wife could make a statement on radio or television regarding the lack of #balance in Kane and Rucci's comments.

Oh cool, they found three finals chokes in 12 years

full

We could find three in two seasons...

I wrote this in early 2015:

Take the whole "finals chokers" thing.

We've been forever labelled as such for the infamous first week home losses of 2002 and 2003, but since the 03 QF loss to Sydney we've gone 7-0 in September at home (3-5 away) with not a single one-and-done in our five subsequent finals appearances.

On the other hand, since the lightning-in-a-bottle 97/98 triumphs, Stephen Rowe's favourite team has gone 6-12 (1-9 away) in finals with 2 home QF losses, 1 home PF loss, 1 home EF loss and three one-and-dones in the 9 subsequent finals series.

But again, we're always seen as the lucky flakes just making up the numbers while they're the tribute to hardened professionalism who are always discussed as a flag chance, sneaky or otherwise.

Classic faith over evidence.

Still relevant, obviously.

Can you imagine if we had individual threads for every media personality that gives us stick? There’d be no room for anything else on the front page. These jokers have two critical voices among a sea of cheerleading and they think they’re hard done by.

Like having your club CEO interfere in a private broadcasting organisation is something to be proud of.

This s**t is why I wouldn’t want to be a Crows supporter even if they won the next ten flags.

Can you imagine if we had individual threads for every media personality that gives us stick? There’d be no room for anything else on the front page. These jokers have two critical voices among a sea of cheerleading and they think they’re hard done by.

• Patrick Smith: "they're the ratbag organisation we all think they are"

• Jon Ralph: "piss off back to the SANFL"

• Graham Cornes: "Port Adelaide is responsible for Glenelg's current predicament [and everything else from mass-extinctions to childhood diabetes]"

• Tony Jones: "Port Adelaide have no heritage"

• Michelangelo Rucci: "Port are in the U-bend waiting to be flushed"

• Stephen Rowe: "You're broke! Your best player's leaving! *general frothing mirth at such*"

• Ashley Porter: "They even stole the Maggies' phone number!"

• Football Budget Editor: "Hey guys I've just decided to completely rewrite the Magpies' history on a whim"

• Various: "Port Power are Fitzroy 2.0 lolololol"

But nah, having Rucci and Kane not milking the Crows' prostates with their tongues like everyone else in this state must be incredibly hard on them.

This is why they'll never be a real club, and why their supporter base will always come across as lacking footy nous. If you enjoy living in a bubble, you’ll end up living a very sterile existence.

• Graham Cornes: "Port Adelaide is responsible for Glenelg's current predicament [and everything else from mass-extinctions to childhood diabetes]"

• Stephen Rowe: "You're broke! Your best player's leaving! *general frothing mirth at such*"

• Football Budget Editor: "Hey guys I've just decided to completely rewrite the Magpies' history on a whim"

But nah, having Rucci and Kane not milking the Crows' prostates with their tongues like everyone else in this state must be incredibly hard on them.
But it is hard on them as they are so unused to it and have the resilience of fairyfloss.

They are like the entitled rich kids that are gobsmacked when they get arrested for drug possession ... don't you know who I am?

Even the more reasonable ones can not see the forrest from the trees. My mate who admittedly hates Port with a passion, but has sound football knowledge, complained to me the other day how biased against the Crows the MMM Adelaide football commentary team were because it contained Dittmar, Tredrea and Dale Lewis. All Crow Haters! he proclaimed.

Even the more reasonable ones can not see the forrest from the trees. My mate who admittedly hates Port with a passion, but has sound football knowledge, complained to me the other day how biased against the Crows the MMM Adelaide football commentary team were because it contained Dittmar, Tredrea and Dale Lewis. All Crow Haters! he proclaimed.

I hope you punched him in the dick.

I wrote this in early 2015:

Take the whole "finals chokers" thing.

We've been forever labelled as such for the infamous first week home losses of 2002 and 2003, but since the 03 QF loss to Sydney we've gone 7-0 in September at home (3-5 away) with not a single one-and-done in our five subsequent finals appearances.

On the other hand, since the lightning-in-a-bottle 97/98 triumphs, Stephen Rowe's favourite team has gone 6-12 (1-9 away) in finals with 2 home QF losses, 1 home PF loss, 1 home EF loss and three one-and-dones in the 9 subsequent finals series.

But again, we're always seen as the lucky flakes just making up the numbers while they're the tribute to hardened professionalism who are always discussed as a flag chance, sneaky or otherwise.

Classic faith over evidence.

Still relevant, obviously.

Still relevant but kind of hollow in a year where we had a one-and-done home final defeat while they made the grand final.

I can wear the banter this off season at least.

You forgot "carcass on the football landscape".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs more Garry Lyon...

Lol you're all dreaming. Clearly we have a host of football heavyweights in the local media setting the information agenda in our favour. Peter Goers, Jane Riley, John Riddell.......you lot don't understand what they're up against.

You forgot Rebecca Morse and Rosanna Mangerelli.

Still relevant but kind of hollow in a year where we had a one-and-done home final defeat while they made the grand final.

I can wear the banter this off season at least.

Eh, Laura Vavrages says we were due our first one since 1999. Losing a Grand Final by 8 goals to Dusty, Cotch, Rance & Jack + 18 randoms still seems worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back