Time to build a bridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Long time reader first time thread!

Reading many threads there appears to be a lot of angst around who said what to whom and about whom, whether it be about performance, personnel or photo’s

Whilst I agree with everyone that they all correct and their view is the distilled essence of the truth (apologies to any Taoist’s out there), I’d love to take this opportunity to remind everyone we are a premiership team and let’s build a bridge to put that behind us and get over it.

In this spirit I have found what I thought is the appropriate bridge that could support the tiger army!

6230c04bdb6c745a38af1f3ad1c6af59.jpg

I’ll be the first

I LOVE YOU ALL. (Especially you Kiwi Babe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like there's been a lot of water gone under that bridge. Might even be a bit more to go.

Last edited:

It's just a laugh after all. Although I care deeply about the Tigers. There are more important things in life.

For you. You stick to your guns, and I respect that. Sometimes you stick to them when it might be better to fold. But if we all just blew smoke up the club's backside it'd be a pretty poor board and experience.

Good times right now.

Very true, Doctor .. especially the fact there are a lot more important things in life.
Wouldn't give back the four-days from grand final eve to Monday back for anything, but I moved on quickly Tuesday morning and not being the boastful type, I don't intend shoving it down mates throats (or strangers), or indulging in pointless arguments about why we are all of a sudden the greatest team ever.
The last 38 years - if anything - taught me humility and common sense (most footy arguments are boring, repetitive and viewed through Tiger-coloured glasses ........ like do you really want to go down the path as some do of knocking Cloke, Petrie, etc. when your own club has carved out a millionnaire lifestyle for the likes of Vickery?)
I'm happy to enjoy it quietly and humbly. I actually thought I would be more nervous in the lead-up to GF day and especially so on F day ... not a thing. It was just another game. Maybe it's what the mainly mediocrity of 37 years ... or more likely that football is just the not the be all and end all anymore. I could be wrong, but bank on being right, the level of boasting and baiting of opposition supporters (or even some of our own) probably equates to a huge vacuuum in life other than football.

I haven’t had a crack in a while, its not just that I’m enjoying the win I just see it as pointless as it’s just who those people are and they will need far greater things closer to home for changes than an internet site.

If you re read 2017 posts GD then you will realize a huge proportion of your posts were essentially about how crap things are at RFC (insert any area/topic here). And then how and why and what we have done wrong.

It doesn’t make you smarter ( just miserable) than others, people have different views and I and evidently others don’t want or need to be reminded every post about past errors whether we agree it was an error or not, with a tone of know it all it is pointed out in almost every post.

The club obviously has moved forward and any people that have read the E & Y chaps assessments would have no doubt those being critical at every turn were indeed left in the past complaining whilst the club was smashing through walls to move forward.

The question is do those same folk want to continue to be critical of all and sundry, or move forward and recognize the club whilst isn’t perfect also doesn’t deserve constant criticism on a supporter forum about the vast majority of topics, when 2017 has proven that they are indeed the people left staring at past failings and RFC have indeed moved forward.

Anyhow i didn’t post this to engage as I see it as pointless, however GD is often claiming the victim as above, if you want to understand why posters take that tone than refer above.

Edit ~ should be fair and point out it is not just GD but all negativity and hence the back and forth on this site between many posters...

Maybe true, but go and re-read my posts from 2016 and a lot of them were on the money too ... and I bet a good deal of these were identified in the review.
The club lost its way ... and I think you forget I was among the most positive when changes were made. The like of Jack being elevated to the leadership group which I spruiked for three years (and against the flow). Hey, do you seriously think Jack is a s**t leader? Yet we had people on here telling us every day, Edwards, Chaplin, Grigg etc. were better leaders. Nonsense. I was among the first and most vocal applauding the recruitment of Balme, and called for it years earlier. The game plan (that people continued to defend last year). Mate, those aren't being negative, they're pointing out things that are obvious to everyone, other than those who just praise everything (including s**t they know shouldn't be). I don't think the club entered the review from a starting point of everything is rosy ... if it was .... there would be no review. The review would have originated from a negative perspective.

Maybe true, but go and re-read my posts from 2016 and a lot of them were on the money too ... and I bet a good deal of these were identified in the review.
The club lost its way ... and I think you forget I was among the most positive when changes were made. The like of Jack being elevated to the leadership group which I spruiked for three years (and against the flow). Hey, do you seriously think Jack is a s**t leader? Yet we had people on here telling us every day, Edwards, Chaplin, Grigg etc. were better leaders. Nonsense. I was among the first and most vocal applauding the recruitment of Balme, and called for it years earlier. The game plan (that people continued to defend last year). Mate, those aren't being negative, they're pointing out things that are obvious to everyone, other than those who just praise everything (including s**t they know shouldn't be). I don't think the club entered the review from a starting point of everything is rosy ... if it was .... there would be no review. The review would have originated from a negative perspective.

All fair points, although if you throw a pile of s**t some will stick :thumbsu:

I don't think many people were in disagreement about Balmey & the Game plan, people had varying opinions on Jack's leadership however he is much loved so again I think 50-65% were still keen to give him a go, more were probably talking about releasing Cotch.

The review was obviously to identify the best way to move forward as quickly as possible without missing vital steps in the ladder, were weren't that far away, some small changes to the list, administration changes and most certainly Game plan. Nothing earth shattering although all important, if listening to a bunch of negative posters it was well worth shutting the doors, when in fact we weren't that far away.

A good quote Rancey recently recounted from Dimma was; things are never as bad as they seem and often not as good as they seem. (that's from memory so if slightly wrong correct me)..

Anyhow we move forward as premiers, I'm not here to tell people how to post, however for those that claim victim status when all that comes from their keyboards is moaning and #$%ing droning, stiff I say, as I'm not one to sit about complaining.

Very true, Doctor .. especially the fact there are a lot more important things in life.
Wouldn't give back the four-days from grand final eve to Monday back for anything, but I moved on quickly Tuesday morning and not being the boastful type, I don't intend shoving it down mates throats (or strangers), or indulging in pointless arguments about why we are all of a sudden the greatest team ever.
The last 38 years - if anything - taught me humility and common sense (most footy arguments are boring, repetitive and viewed through Tiger-coloured glasses ........ like do you really want to go down the path as some do of knocking Cloke, Petrie, etc. when your own club has carved out a millionnaire lifestyle for the likes of Vickery?)
I'm happy to enjoy it quietly and humbly. I actually thought I would be more nervous in the lead-up to GF day and especially so on F day ... not a thing. It was just another game. Maybe it's what the mainly mediocrity of 37 years ... or more likely that football is just the not the be all and end all anymore. I could be wrong, but bank on being right, the level of boasting and baiting of opposition supporters (or even some of our own) probably equates to a huge vacuuum in life other than football.

I like footy itself, and the Tigers. After that, life goes on. I'm more excited about going to Antarctica and Patagonia this year now. The GF win was awesome. I still get a thrill when I notice the poster on my office wall, and wear the T shirt (can't wait to get the premiership gear I ordered - Damn Australia Post camel trains via Alice Springs). It's made a good year even better.

Other teams are good for other people. I don't really hate any teams. Some I like to pretend to be disgusted by. And BF Norf posters are awful - the real ones I know are good. Anonymous boards are good to allow the troll out. I prefer to see the world as glass half full. But only half most of the time. Although it was overflowing last Saturday in September :rainbow::thumbsu::rainbow:

I don't think many people were in disagreement about Balmey & the Game plan, people had varying opinions on Jack's leadership however he is much loved so again I think 50-65% were still keen to give him a go, more were probably talking about releasing Cotch.

The review was obviously to identify the best way to move forward as quickly as possible without missing vital steps in the ladder, were weren't that far away, some small changes to the list, administration changes and most certainly Game plan. Nothing earth shattering although all important, if listening to a bunch of negative posters it was well worth shutting the doors, when in fact we weren't that far away.

A good quote Rancey recently recounted from Dimma was; things are never as bad as they seem and often not as good as they seem. (that's from memory so if slightly wrong correct me)..

Anyhow we move forward as premiers, I'm not here to tell people how to post, however for those that claim victim status when all that comes from their keyboards is moaning and #$%ing droning, stiff I say, as I'm not one to sit about complaining.

I reckon the big thing was letting go of the control attitude. Let people be themselves and just have a red hot go. That required some personnel changes and a massive turn around in attitude and approach.

But things like the small forward line focus was always on the cards. They'd been building the playing group for years and finally let it rip when enough were mature enough. Couple of injuries and they went all in on the plan - more than they expected I reckon.

So, good changes from a good process, the culmination of long term strategy, and a combination of good luck and great people being allowed to be great people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll admit I'm one of the much -maligned that posts much more here when the Tiges suck, than when they are good.

But that's what this forum is for me primarily, a place to come and nut out what is wrong at the club with other tigarians.
cos it really helps make a difference lol

I'll admit I'm one of the much -maligned that posts much more here when the Tiges suck, than when they are good.

But that's what this forum is for me primarily, a place to come and nut out what is wrong at the club with other tigarians.

Me too.

Typing and reading typed words about football doesn't serve much purpose for me when the Tiges are winning. BF's main function in my life is for me to come work out what's wrong, where to look for improvement and test some of my own ideas about how to make things better.

(Also secondary purpose of getting news and gossip so I can avoid all those *sticks in the football media.)

When we win, well, it's all about beers and hugs and re-watching the replay 47 times to inspire more beers and hugs! Hard to do that through a keyboard.

I
I like footy itself, and the Tigers. After that, life goes on. I'm more excited about going to Antarctica and Patagonia this year now. The GF win was awesome. I still get a thrill when I notice the poster on my office wall, and wear the T shirt (can't wait to get the premiership gear I ordered - Damn Australia Post camel trains via Alice Springs). It's made a good year even better.

Other teams are good for other people. I don't really hate any teams. Some I like to pretend to be disgusted by. And BF Norf posters are awful - the real ones I know are good. Anonymous boards are good to allow the troll out. I prefer to see the world as glass half full. But only half most of the time. Although it was overflowing last Saturday in September :rainbow::thumbsu::rainbow:

I hear ya ... he, he, he ... I ordered something from the Melbourne Storm shop Monday arvo ... arrived 8am this morning!
WTF is going on at Punt Road???

Me too.

Typing and reading typed words about football doesn't serve much purpose for me when the Tiges are winning. BF's main function in my life is for me to come work out what's wrong, where to look for improvement and test some of my own ideas about how to make things better.

(Also secondary purpose of getting news and gossip so I can avoid all those ****sticks in the football media.)

When we win, well, it's all about beers and hugs and re-watching the replay 47 times to inspire more beers and hugs! Hard to do that through a keyboard.

In the same boat here!!!

Long time reader first time thread!

Reading many threads there appears to be a lot of angst around who said what to whom and about whom, whether it be about performance, personnel or photo’s

Whilst I agree with everyone that they all correct and their view is the distilled essence of the truth (apologies to any Taoist’s out there), I’d love to take this opportunity to remind everyone we are a premiership team and let’s build a bridge to put that behind us and get over it.

In this spirit I have found what I thought is the appropriate bridge that could support the tiger army!

I’ll be the first

I LOVE YOU ALL. (Especially you KiwiBabe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your post reminds me of a naive girl I knew in first year high school who couldn't understand why telling everyone that they should love each other didn't fix all known problems. She had good intentions but achieved nothing except annoying a few people (not me).

oh wow, it's been 1 month already!!

I love the fact that we can all walk a little taller on these boards for the next 11 months at least!! I don't need to build no bridge! I can feel the fear already! people are already talking us down for next year! I say good, let them under estimate us again it will be just as nice tasting the salty tears all over again!

listen despite not agreeing with many of the protagonists over the journey , i gotta admit they had plenty of material to work with, and ill give a couple of the fellas here credit for hanging in there, coz i tellya what, there's more than a few that have fallen by the wayside,,,,,, Let me be the first to break a RICHMOND draught stubby over that bridge

Peace and mung beans thread.

Seen these in the past, never end well

#eco

The train just made an unscheduled detour to stop between the towns of Pissweak and Arselicker to chuck you off into the gravel.
What's this #eco crap so soon after you claimed to be #eci ?

I was going to get you to help me with the water bottles next January in Maroochydore, but forget it then if you’re #ECO.

Haere Ra
Don't sack him. He can carry the piss bucket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back