Analysis What was your best H&A win?

Your best H&A win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

With Tigerthon on Fox Footy this weekend, I want to know what your best home and away win was in 2017.
It can be for any reason.
For example, the Brisbane Lions win at the Gabba was great for me because I watched it with great people. Ditto the Suns game at Metricon.
Sentimental reasons or purely the side that we beat.
What was it?

With Tigerthon on Fox Footy this weekend, I want to know what your best home and away win was in 2017.
It can be for any reason.
For example, the Brisbane Lions win at the Gabba was great for me because I watched it with great people. Ditto the Suns game at Metricon.
Sentimental reasons or purely the side that we beat.
What was it?
GWS in Melbourne for me. We were 20 points down at quarter time without firing a shot in the first quarter and then proceeded to break GWS down in a way I hadn't seen until then. Probably the game I started to believe we could cause some damage in September this year, still didn't think we'd win the flag though. :D

Demons for mine.
We couldn't have played any worse. Four goals at half time in a wet low scoring slog.
We put the after burners on and ran away with it.
The Tigers of old would have lost by 45 points.

Demons for mine.
We couldn't have played any worse. Four goals at half time in a wet low scoring slog.
We put the after burners on and ran away with it.
The Tigers of old would have lost by 45 points.
Rewatching the Melbourne game, it really was an ugly game.

Round 18 for mine b/c that cemented in my mind that we were a genuine top four team. I was on night shift watching it in my car, pissing down rain and my battery died during the third qtr. As soon as 1300RICHMOND lines opened the next morning I upgraded to the MRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird. But Freo for mine at Subiaco. 12000km round trip. Attending training and dinner with new life members the night before. Had pre game briefing with Damian and Tim Livingstone. Outlined why Towno was in and his role in the structure. Jack Graham’s debut and his attributes (Dane Swan clone).
Bennell was on fire very early, then we just smashed them. Towno found his niche. Sang song in the rooms with the team afterwards. Just a great two Tiger days on the road, and the start of finals squad and structure.

Haere Ra

Maroo

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Port win easily for me.

Gutting through a tough first half in a hostile environment and keeping Port from piling on a big score was really impressive.

Going bang bang bang from late in the third to get the game on our terms and putting them away was just super.

We weren't in super form, even though we'd won 3/4 leading into it (after our 3 consecutive close losses) and that was when we stamped ourselves as top 8 certainties.

The Melbourne game was great and enhanced by watching it with my newborn son in my arms, but I can't put it number 1. The comeback was great, but people forget that Melbourne had 19 fit players at 3/4 time which made it a heck of a lot easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Probably Fremantle in Perth Round 22 for a couple of reasons.

- For one, I like a 100+ point win

- The biggest question mark for our team heading into the finals was our offence. We ended up kicking 155 and brought in two players into our team that ended up becoming key cogs in our Premiership run - Jacob Townsend and Jack Graham. That was the moment that my doubts surrounding our offence really started to plummet for finals.

- It's not only the score of 155. It is also the scoring accuracy. We struggled for a lot of the season with accuracy in front of goal, so to kick 25.5 was huge IMO. Really got our offensive confidence up and from that point on, our shots at goal improved a lot.

We ended up scoring 122, 91, 103, 108 in our remaining games after that game.

- Our percentage after this game rose by enough for us to be in a strong position to overtake GWS to finish 3rd and secure ourselves an MCG QF against Geelong.

Other games were probably GWS in Melbourne (finally beat a top 4 side), Melbourne (5-0), Port Adelaide (beat a top 8 side interstate) and Hawthorn (who went on a bit of a streak prior to our game).

GWS for mine. Held goalless in the first quarter and looking like we'll be easily beaten we then ground them into the MCG as we out worked them in both attack and defence. This was the first real moment where I witnessed us play genuine team footy. Everyone playing their role with all bar 3 players getting double figure disposals and all bar 3 players laying tackles. From this game on I was quietly confident that we would have a deep run in the finals, didn't expect the flag to be the end result. What made it all the more special for me was that it was a fortnight after we'd been soundly beaten by the Saints and a week after we'd struggled with putting the Lions away. Questions were being asked about us as a legitimate contender, especially from old campaigner Cornes.

TiggerDK

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Melbourne. My son is 2, his birthday is Apr 24. First time in 3 tries we won on his birthday, put us 5-0, came from behind, Jack kicked a bag, his set shot from boundary line in last Q one of my favourite goals of the year. I was there and the crowd was amazing, especially after the game.

tigernsw

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
GWS in Melbourne for me. We were 20 points down at quarter time without firing a shot in the first quarter and then proceeded to break GWS down in a way I hadn't seen until then. Probably the game I started to believe we could cause some damage in September this year, still didn't think we'd win the flag though. :D

Yep that was mine as well. Thought we were a chance after that one. A day or 2 after the game I upgraded to MRC to guarantee a GF ticket.
Bloody glad I did!

Two for me.
1. Round 5 v the Dees. Just a great night with my brother and a couple of other mates. Got soaked walking back to The Duke, but a great night and a great win.
2. Round 17 v Brisbane. Not the best game, but went with my little bloke and we both had a great day including having a kick on the ground afterwards, which was the first time he'd been on a ground. The excitement and smile on his face. Priceless.

Hawks. After a week of "Hawthorn can still make finals" and "Richmond can still finish 9th" it was great to effectively lock in finals with 13 wins. Everybody thought that Hawthorn were in "in-form" team of the competition, too.

Cor tigris

Debutant
Oct 4, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I got a real buzz out of the Dees game and it’s always good beating a Norf, but I can’t go past Port away. Important For belief and a good game.

Aug 25, 2014
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
GWS at the G for me. Went in as solid underdogs, but had a really good feeling about it, so i spontaneously jumped on a flight to come down and watch. Thoroughly regretted it at quarter time, but loved the effort after than as we pulled apart my pick for the flag. Was extra satisfying having been at Manuka last year - i believed after that day we wouldn't beat them again for a generation.

Walked out of the G really believing - the first time i allowed myself a fleeting fantasy that just maybe, if every card fell our way, we could go all the way...

Round one, because tugga was refusing to get #eci and claimed it was still the false dawn while I was on board and arguing with him

Back