List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf? Port just added Jack Trengove are they just collecting all fringe players.
Wow, what a haul at Port. Making sure they have serious depth for 2018. With this batch of recruiting they should dominate in the SANFL which won't go down well.

Treng(r)ove, saw him described a year or so ago as a "slug with a bad limp"! Made the wife laugh. He did however play a lot of good footy this year at Casey so probably worth a shot by Port for a freebie. Same with the multi Academy Award winner Lindsay Thomas.

Meanwhile we do nothing, which is as it should be, not loading up with list cloggers and backing ressies to step up like Dawson.

This dawson kid better be able to play

I agree.

Has been flogged to death on here. From the one senior outing I seen of him all be it brief did not walk away thinking he will be anymore than he currently is. A NEAFL Player. Has had plenty of NEAFL Games since that and may have improved dramatically and impressed those that have seen them even people on here but until I see him play Senior Footy consistently next year and show something that stands out at the level he is just a young player on the list trying to make his way, not the missing link to our next flag, future superstar or Club Saviour. If he was that good you would think Collingwood would have tried for him instead of Sam Murray ?:drunk:

i think we should rookie craig bird rather than alex johnson...

i am warming to constable at our first pick. i dont think his kicking is as bad as some have made out.

if not i think we are in a good position to gamble on someone with some factor x aidan bonar perhaps.

I'd like Balta, but I think he may be gone by our second pick, so perhaps a bit of a reach. Tall, quick and can play forward or back.

But Carltank didn’t make finals...and won’t for many years!
Will be the AFL's pick for the flag in 3 years. They will get an amazing draw, every umpire in the comp will be outdoing each other in gifting them frees and they'll win the GF against us with a 29 - 8 free kick count for. During the game we won't get a free kick for an entire half of football, and run out of steam late in the 4th to go down by 20. People in Melbourne will say the Swans were a tad unlucky with the refs but that we should have been first to the ball.

i am warming to constable at our first pick. i dont think his kicking is as bad as some have made out.

if not i think we are in a good position to gamble on someone with some factor x aidan bonar perhaps.

He'd certainly add to our list of slow mids who can't kick for S**t.
Why are you warming to him?

i think he can play in defence in place of mills who isn't quick himself. like i said, his kicking seems acceptable to me. what i want most in our pick is competitiveness. we didn't lose last year because of our kicking.

needs is obrien for our first pick, seems to tick the boxes. just needs to be handed the ball because he's no fan of winning it himself

Would be a nice change to seeing 3 or 4 swans players at the bottom of a pack with their direct opponents just waiting for the handball receive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree.

Has been flogged to death on here. From the one senior outing I seen of him all be it brief did not walk away thinking he will be anymore than he currently is. A NEAFL Player. Has had plenty of NEAFL Games since that and may have improved dramatically and impressed those that have seen them even people on here but until I see him play Senior Footy consistently next year and show something that stands out at the level he is just a young player on the list trying to make his way, not the missing link to our next flag, future superstar or Club Saviour. If he was that good you would think Collingwood would have tried for him instead of Sam Murray ?:drunk:

I don't think anyone's rating him unnecessarily high. We've just been stating the facts, which are that he is capable of playing both midfield and forward, and that he was our best and most consistent player in the NEAFL. That usually bodes well in terms of transitioning into senior footy. It just means we (Dawson enthusiasts) are excited to see if he can meet the challenge that lies before him which is to take that next step. I don't think anyone here will be in a state of total shock if he doesn't amount to anything at the senior level. But all the signs are there - now we wait.

Will be the AFL's pick for the flag in 3 years. They will get an amazing draw, every umpire in the comp will be outdoing each other in gifting them frees and they'll win the GF against us with a 29 - 8 free kick count for. During the game we won't get a free kick for an entire half of football, and run out of steam late in the 4th to go down by 20. People in Melbourne will say the Swans were a tad unlucky with the refs but that we should have been first to the ball.

Hmmmmmm, this scenario sounds familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on why.......

Ohhh that's right, I remember now :mad:

I don't think anyone's rating him unnecessarily high. We've just been stating the facts, which are that he is capable of playing both midfield and forward, and that he was our best and most consistent player in the NEAFL. That usually bodes well in terms of transitioning into senior footy. It just means we (Dawson enthusiasts) are excited to see if he can meet the challenge that lies before him which is to take that next step. I don't think anyone here will be in a state of total shock if he doesn't amount to anything at the senior level. But all the signs are there - now we wait.

Until he proves himself consistently at the level Yeah they are.

Dawson's debut was pretty poor, but all reports is his NEAFL season went from strength to strength from there.
Brandon Jack also looked pretty good at NEAFL level.

Am getting nervous because this talk about Dawson is near identical to the talk about Foote this time last year.

Brandon Jack also looked pretty good at NEAFL level.
He really kicked on as the season went on from what I was reading
ffs he's played 1 game
Lol here we go again! Where's those other guys when we need them to check what was actually said haha. He was a better player at the end of 2017 than at the start of 2017, he developed well. This was a result of playing lots of games, one of which which was at AFL, before being developed as a midfielder throughout the year.

This is normally the time where I'm argued against saying I am calling Dawson the GOAT and overdue to be a Hall of Fame inductee. I started you off, take it from there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back