Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sloane would be 29 - only good for the lols. Our list profile demands younger midfielders.
I reckon we're next to no chance of landing Sloane.

In Robbo’s article regarding clubs being after Sloane, he has said Brian Cook has said that Geelong will not be one of those clubs. We do not have the salary cap room.

In Robbo’s article regarding clubs being after Sloane, he has said Brian Cook has said that Geelong will not be one of those clubs. We do not have the salary cap room.
Slobbish said because of cash being paid to Ablett
Yet Ablett is on circa 300
And the money paid to Taylor
Taylor is in his last year

Slobbo has no idea

I realise Robbo would have no idea, but this apparently comes from Brian Cook. Cook is quoted in the article.

It may be correct.. but considering we were in the hunt for Stringer etc. and then Taylor is on big dollars probably goes or gets a lot less.. I doubt money would be the deal breaker unless Sloane wants high end money. He will not be coming high for his biggest pay day. And from Cooks perspective ..bit early in new season to get Geelong linked to another big name..

It may be correct.. but considering we were in the hunt for Stringer etc. and then Taylor is on big dollars probably goes or gets a lot less.. I doubt money would be the deal breaker unless Sloane wants high end money. He will not be coming high for his biggest pay day. And from Cooks perspective ..bit early in new season to get Geelong linked to another big name..
Cook believes (according to that article)that Sloane will be looking at a big pay day. He was talking something like a million dollars a year (for three years). Something that we could not afford.

Even if he decided he wanted to come to us for a lot less money, we would have another Dangerfield situation. Adelaide would match our offer, but they would demand a huge amount in the way of a trade

Last edited:
Cook believes (according to that article)that Sloane will be looking at a big pay day. He was talking something like a million dollars a year (for three years). Something that we could not afford.

Even if he decided he wanted to come to us for a lot less money, we would have another Dangerfield situation. Adelaide would match our offer, but they would demand a huge amount in the way of a trade

I was under the impression that he would be RFA...but a recent article on AFL.com referred to him as UFA... if so then he just walks. If he wants dollars..which is fair enough last contract etc.. he will be elsewhere.If he want to play with another midfield where he will almost never be tagged... then we would be considered. Gaff would probably fit our needs better.

Robbo doesn't understand things properly. What Cook was saying was not that we didnt have room but that we wouldnt pay over the odds outside our salary scale to attract a free agent, which is a policy thing not a cap room issue.

As for sloane if he is a UFA they cant match an offer.

So it doesn’t appear we will take a delisted free agent. Then are we looking at 4 picks and a parsons upgrade? Small possibility that the 4th pick is Ruggles back on the list.
22,24,35,54 and upgraded rookie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll ask again, where is our money going/where has it gone? Last two seasons ins and outs.
Fair bit of money gone into this group of players:
Dangerfield
Selwood
Duncan
Tomohawk
Taylor
Thouy
Henderson

Motlop's wage would be straight over into Ablett.
And Mackie and Lonners wage spread out to the rest of the list. We want to keep Cocky, Thurlow, Kolodashnij et al, dont we? Can't see there being to much left over once the list is complete for the 2018 season.

Interesting series on AFL.com

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-06/total-recall-we-repick-the-2007-draft

The total recall name is a bit derived .. but looking at who they would take again from previous drafts..last week in 2001 , no surprise that we did well... this week in 07 ... coming off a flag , with an AA CHB that has just had a career ending injury ... we used our pick on the player they rate as the 5th best in draft. Could be only Wells best ever calls.

I was under the impression that he would be RFA...but a recent article on AFL.com referred to him as UFA... if so then he just walks. If he wants dollars..which is fair enough last contract etc.. he will be elsewhere.If he want to play with another midfield where he will almost never be tagged... then we would be considered. Gaff would probably fit our needs better.
Prior to the CBA being signed this year he was classed as a RFA but the change to the CBA means he is now UFA

Unless Sloane nominates us, we don’t really have a chance IMO.

Besides, I don’t see him as a player of need, our forward line and backline will need to be looked at very closely come the end of 2018.
Is a UFA so can go to any club for any amount

Am I the only one that thinks Sloane is a bit overrated? He's only ever been a 25 possession a game player at his absolute best and gets shut down pretty easily.

Hi all,

here is that info and link for the live Draft podcast for tonight!

DRAFT SPECIAL featuring two of the best in the business, AFL Draft Central and BigFooty's own, Bishop and Pie 4 Life

Join us live at 7:30pm Melbourne time as we discuss:

* Both Bishop and Pie 4 Life will provide their top 20 player rankings for this years draft

* Both will be selecting 5 players each (including 1 smokey that might be a hidden gem) to give a in depth review about that have impressed them this year

* Both will throw out some names they think might slide down the draft order this year

* We will go through a Mock draft for the first round selections

* Finish off with answering some listeners questions, which you can submit in the chat client while listening online!

You can tune in tonight LIVE at 7:30pm Melb time (approx) by clicking on the below link at around 7:30pm

https://www.spreaker.com/user/bigfooty.com

If you cant tune in to the live episode don't stress, i will post the edited version up afterwards on the draft and trades board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back