2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For those of you interested. Just hope he got a decent pay rise, he's earned it. Our cap is as tight as a fishes rear end, but we may have had a windfall from Mummy's retirement.

Well earned contract extension.

As for extra pay, take some off Cameron & Toby ( the dosh he would normally end up giving to the AFL Fines Slush Fund ).

Anyone hear that Suban had a medical at GWS? Not even trolling, apparently it's been reported over in Perth.
HAHAHA! I hope so.

Happy for Subes and looking forward to reading their board when it happens. Even more so if he plays and racks up 14 touches and 2 holding the balls per game.

You watch Kelly will win the Brownlow with Subes blocking for him...

To be fair they are experienced, hard, committed players just unfairly delisted during the rebuild. If you give them a game, you know they will give 100%. De Boer is only 27. Suban too.

Matt de Boer is one that I wish was still around. He would be great leadership for the midfield. See that GWS value that really highly and given him the 2 years. Loss a lot of grunt/hardness with him and now Suban leaving

its one thing to play a DeBoer when he's surrounded by first round draft picks with high skill level.
We had/have way too many players with poor to average disposal.
In music or anything really people's skill level will rise or fall to the level of those around them. When I play with other musicians at a high standard my own chops tighten up and I listen that bit harder, when some of the band is a bit sloppy I do too.
DeBoer doesn't need to be a playmaker at GWS and when he has the ball he's careful and tidy and he's been converting in front of goal. He works well in their setup.

Out Wilson, in Deboer. Salary cap balanced
I don't think we budgeted Wilson's contract for next year. He approached the club through the year and we knew he was going. I think That's probably why you got a good trade deal, we had to complete it. I dont think we were screwed but in a sellers market we would have held out for better.
Such is life.

To be fair they are experienced, hard, committed players just unfairly delisted during the rebuild. If you give them a game, you know they will give 100%. De Boer is only 27. Suban too.

Yeah, i'd imagine that influence amongst a bunch of blokes that have had it easy their whole footy lives would be seen as positive. There's no question GWS are the most talented best 22, the question mark is on their desire and commitment. Do they *really* want to win flags, or just cruise to top 4 every year? If you've got guys like DeBoer working his arse off it can only be a positive influence on the rest of the playing group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question mark on GWS is their coach. 99% of players play for a flag

Yep the coach is no Alistair Clarkson, really to my eyes is very so so.

All the talent in the world, but 95% of the players lack intestinal fortitude. Jeremy Cameron is a big boy, plays like a synchronised swimmer.

its one thing to play a DeBoer when he's surrounded by first round draft picks with high skill level.
In music or anything really people's skill level will rise or fall to the level of those around them. When I play with other musicians at a high standard my own chops tighten up and I listen that bit harder, when some of the band is a bit sloppy I do too.
DeBoer doesn't need to be a playmaker at GWS and when he has the ball he's careful and tidy and he's been converting in front of goal. He works well in their setup.
He did in ours too. He was a good decision maker and uses his limitations as his strengths. His kicking is reliable up to 40m. His tackling is even more so.

Personally, peeved that we kept Ballantyne who has done nothing the last 2-3 seasons and is 32, yet we keep him with 2 x 1 season contract. De Boer has more flipside and more consistent pressure wise across the forward line. But guess Ballas' speed edges him ahead.

I think GWS are overrated , Their free ride is about to end , De boer's role is no different at GWS than Freo the 15 disposal 5 tackle type of player , They just value that higher than Freo did

He did in ours too. He was a good decision maker and uses his limitations as his strengths. His kicking is reliable up to 40m. His tackling is even more so.

Personally, peeved that we kept Ballantyne who has done nothing the last 2-3 seasons and is 32, yet we keep him with 2 x 1 season contract. De Boer has more flipside and more consistent pressure wise across the forward line. But guess Ballas' speed edges him ahead.
He is quick Ballas , Shame he never get's the ball , When i heard he might join the Eagles last year was quietly hoping?

I don't think we budgeted Wilson's contract for next year. He approached the club through the year and we knew he was going. I think That's probably why you got a good trade deal, we had to complete it. I dont think we were screwed but in a sellers market we would have held out for better.
Such is life.
Yeah the deal did weigh in our favour. Hopefully all the nasty Cam McCarthy stuff is behind us. I do like how GWS go about it.

Still hope we flog ya's when we play ya's but

9 #wafl flags between them as former freodockers Nick Suban, Josh Deluca and Greg Broughton set to join WestPerthFC

Anything's better than them going to Subi.

Obviously Josh & Greg have decided that munching garlic is more fun than putting up with Schofields hissy fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back