Phantom Draft Bishop's 2017 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoyed your appearance on the Tiger Podcast with Michaels. :thumbsu:

I coached against Coffield and Naish as juniors. My son also played with and against them at various stages over the years. IMO, both are rated too highly by most of the pundits.

Have seen quite a bit of the Oakleigh prospects. Higgins is probably under rated, and Toby Wooler and Ed Richards are over rated.

I coached against Coffield and Naish as juniors. My son also played with and against them at various stages over the years. IMO, both are rated too highly by most of the pundits.

Have seen quite a bit of the Oakleigh prospects. Higgins is probably under rated, and Toby Wooler and Ed Richards are over rated.
Richards call is a bit stiff imo, seems to be that good blend of Attacking run as well as determination to tackle that everyone wants in a HBF, I hope we pull the trigger at 27 or 28

Bishop is there any way you can see Dow sliding to saints? Unlikely but doesn't seem impossible to me...

1. LDU
2. Rayner/Cerra
3. Rayner/Cerra
4. Stephenson
5. Brayshaw
6. Naughton
7. Dow

Am I dreaming?

I feel like only a month or so ago that was the sort of range most had Dow going anyway, then somehow he's jumped up to the top 3 without playing or testing in that time...

Bishop is there any way you can see Dow sliding to saints? Unlikely but doesn't seem impossible to me...

1. LDU
2. Rayner/Cerra
3. Rayner/Cerra
4. Stephenson
5. Brayshaw
6. Naughton
7. Dow

Am I dreaming?

I feel like only a month or so ago that was the sort of range most had Dow going anyway, then somehow he's jumped up to the top 3 without playing or testing in that time...
Paddy Dow is North's #1 preference if he slides.

What's your knock on Coffield?

I've always wondered about club scouts, do they wear the full club gear or attempt to go incognito?
They all have bags that have their club logo on them. For example Adrian Dodoro has a bag with initials AD and the Essendon logo. That goes for most scouts and recruiters. Some where club shirts but mostly its just the bag.

Saw half a dozen North scouts at Dow's last game, they love him.
Not surprised and the added bonus is that he is a North boy. His grand father played games for North in the 59-61 period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. LDU
2. Rayner/Cerra
3. Rayner/Cerra
4. Stephenson
5. Brayshaw
6. Naughton
7. Dow

Am I dreaming?

No chance.

Paddy Dow is North's #1 preference if he slides.

Can tell you as a fact they are far from decided on their top 5 order on their draft board.

They all have bags that have their club logo on them. For example Adrian Dodoro has a bag with initials AD and the Essendon logo. That goes for most scouts and recruiters. Some where club shirts but mostly its just the bag.
What do they carry in these mysterious bags?

What's your knock on Coffield?
He's a decent player, just don't think he should be rated as a top 10.

Not tall enough for key position and I don't agree with a few of the threads that say he will develop into a midfielder. He' seems to me more a 3rd tall defender, possible utility.

I know you have said previously Bish that you wouldn’t be surprised if Murphy went top 10 and we really liked him. With most of the talk being Coffield/Bonar/Naughton is Murphy now back in the frame of things?

Family friends with Nath Murphy and his folks. Reckon it would be hard for him leaving his family and if he does go interstate have a feeling he'll be back in Melbourne in a few years if he can make it. Don't really rate him a top 20 player like a lot of people do though which hurts to say

Family friends with Nath Murphy and his folks. Reckon it would be hard for him leaving his family and if he does go interstate have a feeling he'll be back in Melbourne in a few years if he can make it. Don't really rate him a top 20 player like a lot of people do though which hurts to say
Have you heard which club is showing the most interest in him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back