Bluemour Discussion Thread VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that :)
See this is where Murphy gets swamped
He is giving up a few kegs and this easier to get pushed aside occasionally when trying to tackle
That’s where better tackling methods are needed imo so to nullify the weight diff.

Merrett, Neale and Zorko get by OK.

Murphy's issue isn't size and strength - it's a history of contact injuries that compromise his ability to tackle in some situations. He still lays a few each game, but it basically needs to be a bear-hug rather than grabbing a bit of jumper and being able to reel a bloke in. To be completely honest, Gibbs was similar - he got good tackle numbers but most of them were just him wrapping up a player who got the ball first in a contested/stoppage scenario. Not much pressure applied per se.

Crippa, Kreuzer, Bam Bam and Curnow can do the contested nullifying jobs when the opposition get the tap to advantage or arrive first to the ball. When they're not winning the ball and feeding it to our outside players of course.

SPS, Fisher, Cunners and Pickett need to spend plenty of time in the middle and apply some of the manic pressure that modern footy demands. They should also be the second link in the chain, getting the ball from the inside mids.

This will then free up players like Murphy, Docherty, Williamson and Mullett to play a bit looser and position themselves for the offensive footy we'll need to work into our repertoire.

Carlton shop is selling Silvagni socks.

I was a little disappointed to see it was Jack...

I was hoping it would be SOS. That way I could wear them to work and SOS could help me to literally kick arse in negotiations....

Silvagni socks.png

Last edited:
Also I have it on good authority that Ben socks will go on sale next year at a 20% discount.

And not only are they taller but they are apparently even more comfortable than Jack's...

Inb4 Aph calls me an idjiot or Thy calls me ignorabecile (both deserved)

Also I have it on good authority that Ben socks will go on sale next year at a 20% discount.

And not only are they taller but they are apparently even more comfortable than Jack's...

Inb4 Aph calls me an idjiot or Thy calls me ignorabecile (both deserved)

I was hoping it would be SOS. That way I could wear them to work and SOS could help me to literally kick arse in negotiations....

View attachment 435885

Idjiot it's not a Bluemour! :p

In 2018 I would hope with Cripps, E Curnow and Kennedy in the middle (even Kerridge) that Murphy becomes a 100% outside link player. Massive tank and extremely good disposal. Don't want to see him under a pack even once. Every time he goes in hard I cringe, hoping he doesn't get injured. He's not made of cast iron like Selwood and would prefer he alter his game now that he's aging.

View attachment 435886

SOSOCs?

View attachment 435886

I'd love to see the shop stock an SPS wig with matching mo.

View attachment 435886

If you want to attend the St Bede’s Catholic Primary School (North Balwyn) Parish Trivia Night on November 18th (where Jack, Ben & Tom went to school) they are auctioning off a signed Carlton Jumper (by Serge, Stephen and Jack) - the value has been listed as “Priceless”.

:p ;)

Last edited:

View attachment 435886
A bit worried about all this attention Jack is getting. Not so much for Jack as he is pretty level headed but more so how it is being received by his teammates.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit worried about all this attention Jack is getting. Not so much for Jack as he is pretty level headed but more so how it is being received by his teammates.

From the outside it seems the boys all get along really well and take the piss out of each other. They probably fine him and it goes towards their end of season trips. Jack needs a dog though....

Given that Jacks Dad ultimately determines whether they are at Carlton next year, I wouldn't think they would make to big a deal of it.:)

Last edited:

View attachment 435886

There's a certain promising American tennis player who is going to be pissed with Jack Sock image rights being taken away.

IMG_0465.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back