2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 #wafl flags between them as former freodockers Nick Suban, Josh Deluca and Greg Broughton set to join WestPerthFC
I read that Souths has made a play for Deluca and he was weighing up the options. They should've gone for Deluca and Suban - they're going to have to replace Kelly and possibly Schloithe next season.

But good on the Cardies - anything to keep them away from Subi (and to a slightly lesser degree Claremont...).

Just read that West Coast "story" claiming they overcame adversity to be the club they are today.

We had to fork out millions to join the league, train in parks and paddocks, pay for our opponents to travel to Western Australia and take on our rivals with a squad of 35 players when they had 52 to pick from.

Overcoming this adversity gave us the strength to take on what came next, both on and off the field.

Give me a break. Conveniently left out any advantages/concessions they were given like exclusive access to any WA players they liked for multiple years. It's like playing State of Origin but getting Victoria to split it's players evenly across more than half a dozen teams.

Was it written by that pretend Freagle that thinks the main reason Freo was established was to weaken WC? Completely ignoring South Freo and East Freo lobbying to join the VFL way back in 1987 but were blocked by the exclusive rights deal given to WC that was in effect until 1992.

Was it written by that pretend Freagle that thinks the main reason Freo was established was to weaken WC? Completely ignoring South Freo and East Freo lobbying to join the VFL way back in 1987 but were blocked by the exclusive rights deal given to WC that was in effect until 1992.
I don't want to rain on your tirade but I think this is universally accepted now. I am pretty sure it is also mentioned in Matt Price's book Way To Go. According to the story we have Sheedy to thank mainly, for the birth of our club.

I don't want to rain on your tirade but I think this is universally accepted now. I am pretty sure it is also mentioned in Matt Price's book Way To Go. According to the story we have Sheedy to thank mainly, for the birth of our club.

You can understand it from the VFL perspective though. They gave west coast all these concessions that made them incredibly strong..so they had to counteract it somehow.

It was one of the reasons the VFL were supportive of a 2nd WA team sure. But it wasn't the main reason Freo was established. There was pressure from within WA for a 2nd WA team well before West Coast won a premiership. You wouldn't have had 23k+ watching in the first year if it were something the AFL created purely to dilute another club.

You can understand it from the VFL perspective though. They gave west coast all these concessions that made them incredibly strong..so they had to counteract it somehow.
Look out for a second team out of Western Sydney soon....

It's amazing the lack of concessions we had in comparison to others. Combine it with incompetent running of the club in the early days and you can see why we have taken so long to establish ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good we will win 1 or 2 nil Wednesday night, than get spanked at the world cup but don't forget the narrative it's more important to qualify for a world cup because it means bums on seats at the A league.

All good we will win 1 or 2 nil Wednesday night, than get spanked at the world cup but don't forget the narrative it's more important to qualify for a world cup because it means bums on seats at the A league.
Most likely we'll make it. But if NZ qualify and we don't I won't know whether to melt or laugh

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back