Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XII - The Twelfth One!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with them because they just stress the poor Year 7s out- well some of them.

All of them mean jack s**t until Year 12 anyway..

In WA the whole grading concept is being reconsidered for certain subjects, starting with a new entrepreneurial stream.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
In WA the whole grading concept is being reconsidered for certain subjects, starting with a new entrepreneurial stream.

That would work provided it teaches tangible skills. In Australia where these new initiatives are bandied about people crap on about SEO, Robotics and Coding (all good skills btw) without having the faintest idea what they mean/how to implement. You risk teaching people the wrong thing.

Took Wally to the vet to get he's stitches taken out after hes de-sexing, he had stitches right up hes guts becauce one of hes balls was stuck in his groin.
I took Oscar alone for the ride,I asked about hes ball sack because he was de-sexed aswell ,but it looks like the balls have grown back:eek:.
Booked in for ultrasound on friday to see what it could be.

Both doggies a fine and happy tho.

That would work provided it teaches tangible skills. In Australia where these new initiatives are bandied about people crap on about SEO, Robotics and Coding (all good skills btw) without having the faintest idea what they mean/how to implement. You risk teaching people the wrong thing.

100%

For certain subjects like maths there are winners and losers, so a grading system is appropriate.

For launching businesses, whilst at school, a grading system doesn’t work.

One kid in year 10 is earning $10k a month from the business he launched under the trial scheme. For me that is a great success but shouldn’t be graded. As $10k a month is great but a successful business is more than $s.

The real skills being leant are building networks, raising capital, recruiting and building teams, aligning interests and executing. Executing can be manufacturing, logistics, marketing, admin etc etc

The hard bit is changing the social welfare which we are lobbying the feds for. Some of the most disadvantaged kids won’t participate if their parents lose payments or their Govt accommodation.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
snakes. deadly snakes.

my poor neighbour has had 7 eastern brown snakes near her house the last month or two and had the snake catcher come and get them, mostly males but also the slutty female they were there for.

today I have seen two separate baby eastern browns so no doubt the eggs have hatched and the little fockers are heading out and about.

snakes. deadly snakes.

my poor neighbour has had 7 eastern brown snakes near her house the last month or two and had the snake catcher come and get them, mostly males but also the slutty female they were there for.

today I have seen two separate baby eastern browns so no doubt the eggs have hatched and the little fockers are heading out and about.
Hate snakes. Used to get browns on the block(s) around where I grew up. Once was clearing a pile of wood and picked one up, didn't realise until I'd brought it right up eye level with me, it brought it's head up & turned toward me, I freaked out & threw it, it took a bite at me & just missed, coiled mid air then uncoiled as soon as it hit the ground & slithered away... One of the scariest things that's ever happened to me.

But for me spiders are harder to spot & some of them can do some fairly significant damage to you too.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Cigarette prices in Australia. Holy s**t! Im a smoker and just looked at what I can expect to pay when we come in January. Wife has been saying lately we should quit or at least cut down considerably. At $35 a packet I think she's on to something.

Are there really many smokers left in Australia at those prices?

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Ciggy tax and house prices are propping up our economy.
If and when it becomes illegal or just completely unaffordable where will the Government find that 10 billion in taxes from?

The kids still think it looks cool, and you can't put a price on looking cool.

Kids can afford those prices?

If and when it becomes illegal or just completely unaffordable where will the Government find that 10 billion in taxes from?

Kids can afford those prices?
problem is the cost on health care will continue after the revenue stops, more than the revenue stopping

and haven't you heard ciggies are the problem for kids its smashed avo, thats why they can't afford houses

I might have to get a vape for the Aussie trip. I had one when I left but was confiscated in Singapore.
There's the catch, smoking is such a public health hazard that the government is trying to tax it out of existence but nicotine for vapers which helps people give up is illegal. Idiots.

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Cigarette prices in Australia. Holy s**t! Im a smoker and just looked at what I can expect to pay when we come in January. Wife has been saying lately we should quit or at least cut down considerably. At $35 a packet I think she's on to something.

Are there really many smokers left in Australia at those prices?
I'm currently going through the self loathing for buying a pack yesterday at the pub. $24 for 20 ffs.

I am not a regular smoker so i don't know, but would it be more economical to buy a pouch and roll your own?

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
snakes. deadly snakes.

Who pays for the snake catcher? Resident or the council? I imagine for 7 snakes you would be looking at 4 figures if you had to wear it yourself.

I nearly trod on a snake last summer at Mt Lofty. Saw it slither up on to the path and we saw each other at the same time. It coiled up and faced me but when I stopped it watched me for a bit then just slithered across the path in front of me.

It shocked me when I saw it come up on the path, but it was only a little one probably 30-40cm compared to the 2m tiger snakes you get back at home, so I was like aww it is only a baby. Guy walking down the path tells me it was an eastern brown, don't get them back home, so when I googled it later on I was I like *. They have enough venom to kill a human when they are born, wouldn't want to get bitten half way up Mt Lofty, would take a good hour I reckon before emergency services could get to you and by then you are probably done.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
I am not a regular smoker so i don't know, but would it be more economical to buy a pouch and roll your own?

Ive been rolling my own for 20 years, but when I was last in Oz in 2014 the quality of the tobacco was terrible, dry wispy random bits of tobacco and what looked like wood. I buy 40 grams here for about 10 euros which is about 15Aud, good top quality stuff. But France are following the Australia way and are increasing prices twice a year and have earmarked a massive increase next year.

Im less than an hour from the Italian border though, and their prices are 35% cheaper than here. I do think Im going to have to quit pretty soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back