I am taking a stand

Remove this Banner Ad

You do understand what qualifies as the “boys club” in the SFA don’t you Filth? A group of individuals that communicate directly with one another to directly manipulate the direction of the competition and to leap to the defence of one another to show individual strength by having group support.

This is what you’ve created and despite pushing to bring others along for the ride at times, with stronger convictions, it always reverts to those with no backbone to stand as individuals on their own convictions.

I can see your little FB chat now, look at FR and IMS melting, we’ve got them good, blah blah blah.

In reality, nothing that doesn’t suit your little group will occur. The committee may as well be disbanded because the decisions are made in a FB group. For many seasons, I was accused of being part of a “boys group”, but do you know what was great about that era? The strength and conviction of the individuals that led those clubs.

boncer34 ran the league, but he did so with conviction, and stood by his decisions whether people agreed or not, Papa Juggs before you sunk your claws in and turned him vanilla, stood up for what HE believed in and stood strong in the face of some serious backlash, but on his terms for what he believed, beez Frankston Rover Nakia ShaunDuggan Mobbenfuhrer Tarkyn_24 these guys all stood and backed themselves based on what they stood for and had no issue in telling others to go **** themselves, there was no falling in line for conformity sake.

The only player I have seen in the next generation with any conviction is BigJoeD_ for the rest of you, it’s how quickly you can all jump in with each other and create an illusion of individual strength.

I’m closing, cowardice runs this place.

Look at FR and IMS melting, we’ve got them good, blah bla-sorry, wrong chat.

horse facts SWEET!

Nothing has ever been manipulated mate. A few might leap in with each other because they agree with each other but the only real mention in the chat of the Sweet FA is when people think we are behind more than we are.

It's kind of sad the assumptions people have made on it. We don't have majority rule on things and we don't always agree on the same things. When I was admin I did what I wanted. Now it seems poor Hate has been lumped in, the kid doesn't even have Facebook. Remember when you were in the chat and you made meet ups with people like Brown Bottle? Now we just mass bet on reality TV.

It's a weird social experiment. Another poster planted seeds and you guys keep fertilising them.

Like it or not, the perception is there.

It's a clique that exists behind the scenes involving influential people of the competition.

The fact you would refer to Hate as 'the kid' is interesting too.

I agree with IMS and the reality is we've seen many established players drift away and a big part of that, imo, is the perception there is a group running the show behind the scenes.

It's a clique that exists behind the scenes involving influential people of the competition.

I agree with IMS and the reality is we've seen many established players drift away and a big part of that, imo, is the perception there is a group running the show behind the scenes.
Well that's on them not us. We didn't start this BC crap and we certainly don't have to adhere to those crying foul with baseless accusations to appease them because we talk outside of BigFooty.

Grow up, you're an adult. This is an online forum about a simulated football game. Not a school.

I'm 36 mate. Most of them are kids.

Can't do much about the perception, been arguing it all season. Not my problem any more. People can and will think what they like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's on them not us. We didn't start this BC crap and we certainly don't have to adhere to those crying foul with baseless accusations to appease them because we talk outside of BigFooty.

Grow up, you're an adult. This is an online forum about a simulated football game. Not a school.

Exactly. Talking s**t in a Facebook thread with guys on a fantasy internet forum.

* me sideways, you're the biggest kid on here.

I'm 36 mate. Most of them are kids.

Can't do much about the perception, been arguing it all season. Not my problem any more. People can and will think what they like.

Well it is your problem given it's been under your leadership this bullshit was allowed to flourish.

Makes your decision to put Hate in the hot seat even more interesting...

But hey, that's just more perception.

Exactly. Talking s**t in a Facebook thread with guys on a fantasy internet forum.

**** me sideways, you're the biggest kid on here.

Well it is your problem given it's been under your leadership this bullshit was allowed to flourish.

Yet you're a 40yo man complaining about it.

Grow up.

**** me sideways, you're the biggest kid on here.

Mate, it isn't my problem. It's a game. Who are the fun police to say how people interact? You and I share very differing views on a lot of things, many agree and disagree with us.

"The golden era of qooty"... ******* spare me.

I love how some posters reference the old days like they were some kind of order of Knights Templar. Lol. It's Internet footy ffs.

As DapperJong said, this is a game that spits out random footy results. Nothing more, nothing less. How can this have a "golden era"? It's a game. What makes this game better 6 years ago than now? A time when a match thread might be lucky to hit 8 pages. Didnt a GF match thread once make 7 pages??
Glory days my arse.

This whole "Boys Club" is so overblown it's actually quite funny. "NEWSFLASH" group of similarly minded posters chat together and have similar interests. Isn't that what nearly every board on BF is?

I helped get the GC off the ground, why? For me, it added another element of banter to the SFA.. The Cowboys to battle the Indians, the robbers to fight the cops. I was getting bored. I love the angst and conflict this place creates. Does it cross boundaries at times? Most definitely. This is the essence of why groups like BC and GC are formed in this world of make believe.

So debate the merits of whether a re-sim needs to occur or not. I couldn't care either way. I still remember the Bombers missing finals because of the "bays" incident. But let's not think this is a Hate or BC conspiracy. Show some common sense and respect for the Admin ffs.

Last edited:
Yeah Frankston Rover isn't it funny that TFW chose Hate to be admin a guy that is not on Facebook at all and doesn't have much interaction with any of the named "boys club" members.

Surely if TFW had an agenda he would have made one of his secret Facebook friends the admin and played the puppetmaster from there.

Why didn't he?

Perhaps because he used his best judgement to pick the best candidate at the time?

Nah, can't be, not enough conspiracy garbage to be said about that kind of conclusion.

I love how some posters reference the old days like they were some kind of order of Knights Templar. Lol. It's Internet footy ffs.

As DapperJong said, this is a game that spits out random footy results. Nothing more, nothing less. How can this have a "golden era"? It's a game. What makes this game better 6 years ago than now? A time when a match thread might be lucky to hit 8 pages. Didnt a GF match thread once make 7 pages??
Glory days my arse.

This whole "Boys Club" is so overblown it's actually quite funny. "NEWSFLASH" group of similarly minded posters chat together and have similar interests. Isn't that what nearly every board on BF is?

I helped get the GC off the ground, why? For me, it added another element of banter to the SFA.. The Cowboys to battle the Indians, the robbers to fight the cops. I was getting bored. I love the angst and conflict this place creates. Does it cross boundaries at times? Most definitely. This is the essence of why groups like BC and GC are formed in this world of make believe.

So debate the merits of whether a re-sim needs to occur or not. I couldn't care either way. I still remember the Bombers missing finals because of the "bays" incident. But let's not think this is a Hate conspiracy. Show some common sense and respect ffs.
What's more sad is these "golden age" posters actually believe these groups are conspiring to rig the league.

You couldn't be more spot on and if I could like your post twice I would.

Welcome to the boys club.

What's more sad is these "golden age" posters actually believe these groups are conspiring to rig the league.

You couldn't be more spot on and if I could like your post twice I would.

Welcome to the boys club.

Shut up BC flog!

:p

Glory days my arse.

So debate the merits of whether a re-sim needs to occur or not. I couldn't care either way. I still remember the Bombers missing finals because of the "bays" incident. But let's not think this is a Hate conspiracy. Show some common sense and respect ffs.
I do love a post that allows me to...

Yeah Frankston Rover isn't it funny that TFW chose Hate to be admin a guy that is not on Facebook at all and doesn't have much interaction with any of the named "boys club" members.

Surely if TFW had an agenda he would have made one of his secret Facebook friends the admin and played the puppetmaster from there.

Why didn't he?

Perhaps because he used his best judgement to pick the best candidate at the time?

Nah, can't be, not enough conspiracy garbage to be said about that kind of conclusion.

Lie, hate is a proven leader of the BC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back