Religion Do i get a free pass to heaven ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, so I've been visited by quite a few salesman of the Christian denomination over the last few years, and while i tend to not give them too much of my time I do enjoy asking some questions and one theme seems to constantly come up.

That theme is that if you take up full coverage, eg give yourself to god/believe in him/go to church etc then you will be saved from damnation and spend eternity in heaven/paradise with all your loved ones.

Now, here is my question.

If this is the case, then doesn't everyone you hold dear get a free pass into heaven, since without them, an individual cant possibly live in eternity in paradise ?

and so since my grandmother was a devout Catholic and very fond of me, am i not in ?

and moreso is not then everyone i hold dear also in and so on ?

Like the Citizenship debate. Even if there is a tenuous connection somewhere even you are not aware of you are probably a Dual Citizen of Heaven and Earth.

Is it though? Got any links to summaries of the bible that describe heaven as this? Or are you basing it off hearsay?

Like I said the description we have of heaven in the bible is very sketchy , Christians are not told much other than they will be with Jesus . Most people have a picture of heaven that comes from novels ,poems, Hollywood and our imagination more so than the bible

Some quotes from Jesus himself just in the book of Mathew . There are more quotes in the other books .

Mathew 7

18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.

19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Mathew 8

21 Then another of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father."

22 But Jesus said to him, "Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead."

Mathew 10

37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

Mathew 19

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.

Like I said the description we have of heaven in the bible is very sketchy , Christians are not told much other than they will be with Jesus . Most people have a picture of heaven that comes from novels ,poems, Hollywood and our imagination more so than the bible

Some quotes from Jesus himself just in the book of Mathew . There are more quotes in the other books .

Mathew 7

18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.

19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Mathew 8

21 Then another of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father."

22 But Jesus said to him, "Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead."

Mathew 10

37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

Mathew 19

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.
Yep. This is why I was asking the question of the premise in the OP - the description given of Christianity's heaven is very different to the actual theology.

So eternity by Jesus or 72 virgins ?

No wonder Islam is the only religion thats still growing. The benefits on offer are far more appealing.

Christianity has only been around a very short time. If you want to understand the bible, you need to understand the astrological age we're in.

Which heaven are you talking about? There has probably been a couple of thousand variations over the years all with different entry requirements...

Ok, so I've been visited by quite a few salesman of the Christian denomination over the last few years, and while i tend to not give them too much of my time I do enjoy asking some questions and one theme seems to constantly come up.

That theme is that if you take up full coverage, eg give yourself to god/believe in him/go to church etc then you will be saved from damnation and spend eternity in heaven/paradise with all your loved ones.

If this is the case, then doesn't everyone you hold dear get a free pass into heaven, since without them, an individual cant possibly live in eternity in paradise ?

and so since my grandmother was a devout Catholic and very fond of me, am i not in ?

Paradise = psychic lobotomy.

You will not remember or pine for anyone

You will not have individual thought

You will have the bliss of "the LORD" but that is it.

Existence as opposed to annihilation in the fire...

Paradise = psychic lobotomy.

You will not remember or pine for anyone

You will not have individual thought

You will have the bliss of "the LORD" but that is it.

Existence as opposed to annihilation in the fire...

So heaven is a bit like utopia or communism in that it just sounded good in theory?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I suggest you consider switching mythologies. With Islam they throw-in 72 virgins and as Muslims are renown lousy lovers you'd be in 7th heaven.:D:rolleyes:

why is it the geelong supporters that have to be the religious nutters. sigh.

Something to do with God & the Son of, wearing the number 5 methinks.

Not to mention your supporters insistence upon the Old Testament (VFA days) counting as part of the Christian Orthodox history......Blasphemy.

why is it the geelong supporters that have to be the religious nutters. sigh.
Um! An integral part of being a religious nutter is,er, being religious. So I guess it's a rhetorical question.

So far this thread is concerned it also helps if you are humourless. Two out of two!:p

As a Hawthorn supporter you're off to a good start, they say the man upstairs rates as very highly. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back