Home & Garden Your Dream Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright.
fallingwater-frank-lloyd-wright.jpg

We have our next GD Meet up venue ladies and gents..

Pool?
No, no pool (yet). My closest neighbour does and I just use theirs (whether they are home or not! - they don't mind. I work from home - that rainbow shot was from my office yesterday - and if I go use their pool they like that I can keep an eye on their place while they are at work).

they have a shipping container pool - probably what I would get too - but that's 20-30k I just cant justify atm when I don't need one.

A place that provides a lot of natural lighting and good quality curtaining

A house that is open plan but with options to close sections off as needed

I would love a deep mostly enclosed porch in front and an elevated deck out the back (both with a nice view of course... especially of sunrise and sunset)

It has to be positioned that allows a natural south easterly wind to blow through open doors and windows

Easy (and not too dependent on electricity or gas) to cool or warm as needed

A circular driveway and a good sized shed separate from the garage

3 decent sized bedrooms (especially ours, with an en suite and walk in wardrobe) and a study

Plenty of convenient yet unobtrusive storage spaces

Two main living areas, a dining area and a big kitchen with a well thought out plan of cupboards, appliance positioning and bench space

An established front and back garden with plenty of trees all around and easy to maintain

No other houses in front of our front (bay) and our bedroom windows (with a window seat)

A classic look... something that has or will age well

That's about it I think...

P.S and somewhere I can enjoy watching the development of the four seasons throughout the year

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this point I'd be happy if I could afford to build on the back of the block, get a nice new house then sell off the front to pay for it, even better would be if I could afford to keep the front. I like our street and area I just don't like our house or the big back yard I have to maintain that we don't use

Yer no thanks
I met this girl about 6 months ago (friend of a friend) who was one and had been for about 1 year. had made 85k doing it. she worked from her spare bedroom (which was all glammed up) and worked for 6 hours a day between school drop off and pick up with her paying /tipping customers all being in US or Europe, she restricted herself so you couldn't see her if in Australia.

I met this girl about 6 months ago (friend of a friend) who was one and had been for about 1 year. had made 85k doing it. she worked from her spare bedroom (which was all glammed up) and worked for 6 hours a day between school drop off and pick up with her paying /tipping customers all being in US or Europe, she restricted herself so you couldn't see her if in Australia.

Yeah I dont care. Not for me.

I either want to be a cranky old rich fart (Brighton) or a rich hipster (Fitzroy / Collingwood) but I haven’t decided which.

Home must have character - that could be Victorian character with various features retained, or a funky modernised warehouse loft thing with exposed pipes and built in surround sound etc. So long as it isn’t a boring box. Huge kitchen, massive, and open plan kitchen living. I get lonely chopping celery for a spaghetti. No more than 3 bedrooms - I don’t enjoy having people to stay. No pool because I won’t clean it. Must have very good ceiling height. Wood flooring for the cats to skitter on. Some type of outdoor area facing north that I can grow herbs in those box things, sit around in and BBQ. No massive garden to tend, though. I would like to cat net the outdoor area so the cats don’t have to be indoors always. Vast espresso machine - Italian - to go in the massive kitchen. OLED TV mounted on the wall. One spare bedroom will also have TV with PS4, XBox, WiiU and 1000000 games. Garage. Big master bedroom, WIR and ensuite. Other bedrooms must have built in shelving for books. One bedroom or a study doubles as utility room where I can put all the random stuff my partner leaves around plus jokey gifts that are haha and all, but you don’t want on display. One bathroom must have freestanding bath plus window to look out of or atrium with interesting plants to look in at. 2 ovens in kitchen and built in double fridge, ice maker feature considered. Water feature in outdoor area considered. Not on main road and must be on street with lots of nice trees. Quiet street, close to a shops type area with vibe of some sort. One hanging chair in living area. Art on walls - awesome art not a bunch of whatever is the in fashion print of the season.

Otherwise I’m not too picky.

I saw a beautiful place on a recent Grand Designs episode. It was set back on the road behind a beautiful courtyard and was a converted old dairy. It had 4m high ceilings and so much character. If it was by a beach, river or lake it would be my dream home.

I saw a beautiful place on a recent Grand Designs episode. It was set back on the road behind a beautiful courtyard and was a converted old dairy. It had 4m high ceilings and so much character. If it was by a beach, river or lake it would be my dream home.
Grand Designs is architecture pr0n but I wish they'd bring back Pointless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back