Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No one said easy, just easiest. increasing aerobic capacity is a lot easier than increasing anything skill based
Fair enough. If we pick him up send him straight to Gu for the summer, then we'll get a good glimpse of his dedication and mental toughness. Running 80+ km's a week in the sweltering Perth weather over a summer will be a real test.

Pretty safe to say none of us have any idea if any of the draftees are any kind of flight risk. If this was 2014, Weller the Tasmanian would probably be at the bottom of the list
Of course we don't know, doesn't mean we shouldn't consider it when getting our collective hopes up for certain players ie Cam 'Carlton' Rayner.
Weller was waiting for GC to pick him up, we jumped the gun and they ended up taking the Perth boy we were linked to (gartlett?). I think having a gold coast connection, tassie connection and a brother playing for St Kilda, should've given us reasons to question where he wanted to be. But at the end of the day, $800k per year, guaranteed midfield time and seeing your face on posters all around town were enough to get Weller to move. It was a win-win in the end (cept for Scotty Clayton)

I was expecting much worse than a 7.57 2km run, especially when he’s been out with a knee for 3 months prior to the test and the main well known criticism of Rayner being his endurance base, I was expecting 8.00m+.

I was expecting much worse than a 7.57 2km run, especially when he’s been out with a knee for 3 months prior to the test and the main well known criticism of Rayner being his endurance base, I was expecting 8.00m+.
If his time was going to be as bad as it was, he might as well of just sat out of today's testing and said he's still recovering. He won't slide as a result of testing but it did his perception no good.

Impacting now should be least of their considerations, you want the best players; Not a Powel-Pepper type bustling around bumping chests and getting 20 kicks straight out on the full every game. If a tall is the best player on the board at pick 5 you take them.

Did you even see Powell Pepper play this year! Agree with your premise, but seriously underrating PPs skills

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The longer it goes.. the less likely i can see us Taking Fog.. would be happy with LDU and Brayshaw though
Why? His game is not based on 2km runs, but strength, power in the core. I think he has done well
considering he had knee surgery.
Freo have enough pace with Hills, Langdon, Wilson, Hughes and maybe Tucker? What we need to do is
get the pill in their hands, and a player capable of rotating with Fyfe forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-17/cal-twomeys-phantom-form-guide-november-edition

Some interesting comments in Twomey's form guide today

Rayner

Where does he go? Being strongly considered for the Brisbane Lions' pick No.1 and would be a deserving choice. If not, Fremantle at pick No.2 and Carlton at No.3 would be ready to swoop. North would jump at him if he surprisingly got through all of them and was available at No.4.

LDU

Where does he go? Is one of the names in the No.1 race for the Lions, and seems unlikely to get past North Melbourne's No.4 pick. Fremantle at No.2 is a red-hot chance.

Dow

Where does he go? Been strongly linked to the Blues' No.3 pick if still on the board and seems a good fit there. But the Dockers would have to pass for that to happen and he's in their thoughts. North's as well at No.4.

Cerra

Where does he go? It won't be the Lions at No.1, but Cerra looks a likely top-10 pick. Carlton likes him, North has been linked, and Collingwood (No.6) would think very hard if he gets past Fremantle at No.5.

Stephenson

Where does he go? Fremantle's pick No.5 seems the earliest he could get taken, Collingwood and St Kilda have been linked to him as well, while he could get through to the Giants or Swans.

Brayshaw

Where does he go? Brayshaw has been in the No.1 pick discussion for a while and is a good chance to head to the Lions. He has family in Perth and the Dockers are an option, as are North Melbourne and Collingwood. It seems unlikely he'll get to the Saints.

Fogarty

Where does he go? North has put in time on Fogarty for its No.4 pick, while Collingwood has also been linked to him. Carlton, at pick 10, is a chance, as is Greater Western Sydney (pick 11). Adelaide would strongly consider if he gets through to No.12.

Seems like we are not keen on Fogarty at all

How much running do you do? Eight minutes is atrocious, even if you have been out of training for a while.

The other times were terrible as well. Constable was 7:58 and Coleman Jones was 7:35. I wonder if some twit messed up the distance.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-17/cal-twomeys-phantom-form-guide-november-edition

Rayner

Where does he go? Being strongly considered for the Brisbane Lions' pick No.1 and would be a deserving choice. If not, Fremantle at pick No.2 and Carlton at No.3 would be ready to swoop. North would jump at him if he surprisingly got through all of them and was available at No.4.

LDU

Where does he go? Is one of the names in the No.1 race for the Lions, and seems unlikely to get past North Melbourne's No.4 pick. Fremantle at No.2 is a red-hot chance.

Dow

Where does he go? Been strongly linked to the Blues' No.3 pick if still on the board and seems a good fit there. But the Dockers would have to pass for that to happen and he's in their thoughts. North's as well at No.4.

Cerra

Where does he go? It won't be the Lions at No.1, but Cerra looks a likely top-10 pick. Carlton likes him, North has been linked, and Collingwood (No.6) would think very hard if he gets past Fremantle at No.5.

Stephenson

Where does he go? Fremantle's pick No.5 seems the earliest he could get taken, Collingwood and St Kilda have been linked to him as well, while he could get through to the Giants or Swans.

Brayshaw

Where does he go? Brayshaw has been in the No.1 pick discussion for a while and is a good chance to head to the Lions. He has family in Perth and the Dockers are an option, as are North Melbourne and Collingwood. It seems unlikely he'll get to the Saints.

Fogarty

Where does he go? North has put in time on Fogarty for its No.4 pick, while Collingwood has also been linked to him. Carlton, at pick 10, is a chance, as is Greater Western Sydney (pick 11). Adelaide would strongly consider if he gets through to No.12.

Talk about throwing darts. None of that was even close to providing any insight as to who picks who. He pretty much covered all bases and will be found to be 100% correct come next Friday arvo, except if we pick Fogarty.

What you can get out of that is that Twoomey knows bugger all about who the clubs are intending to pick. Extrapolated further, he has no idea if we are into Fogarty or not. Pretty sure no-one picked us picking Logue last year either.

Talk about throwing darts. None of that was even close to providing any insight as to who picks who. He pretty much covered all bases and will be found to be 100% correct come next Friday arvo, except if we pick Fogarty.

What you can get out of that is that Twoomey knows bugger all about who the clubs are intending to pick. Extrapolated further, he has no idea if we are into Fogarty or not. Pretty sure no-one picked us picking Logue last year either.

He wasn't too bad last year, had us picking Brodie (who went the pick before Logue) and had Logue going to Gold Coast the very next pick, and said Logue was in the mix for our pick

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-24/callum-twomeys-2016-phantom-draft

He's normally pretty good. We'll find out when he does his phantom next week

Building a tank will only take a few pre seasons. Pick talent, not an athlete. You can increase your tank easily, but increasing your skill is much harder. When Rayners tank builds, he'll be a special player.
If you didnt really want to move interstate would you bust your nut to do a sub 7min time trial, just saying.....

Rayner

LDU

Dow

Cerra

Stephenson

Brayshaw

Fogarty

So we're getting everyone except Fogarty? Sweet

Why? His game is not based on 2km runs, but strength, power in the core. I think he has done well
considering he had knee surgery.
Freo have enough pace with Hills, Langdon, Wilson, Hughes and maybe Tucker? What we need to do is
get the pill in their hands, and a player capable of rotating with Fyfe forward.
I agree with you.. and I've wanted him from start. But as much as "we keep things quiet".. normally there is some inkling somewhere, with Fog there is none anywhere.
Hopefully my reverse psychology works

He wasn't too bad last year, had us picking Brodie (who went the pick before Logue) and had Logue going to Gold Coast the very next pick, and said Logue was in the mix for our pick
And in the Phantom draft they did earlier in the week he had us taking Stephenson @ #5 and Collingwood taking Fogarty at the very next pick ;)

Our club seems notoriously tight lipped pre draft - I wouldn't read too much into anything yet. Everyone was guessing last year and it seems the same this year.

How much running do you do? Eight minutes is atrocious, even if you have been out of training for a while.

The other times were terrible as well. Constable was 7:58 and Coleman Jones was 7:35. I wonder if some twit messed up the distance.
It’s about context mate, I doubt he barely got a chance to build up his fitness coming back from his knee injury, 3 months is a long time to be out for which can ruin your tank. And for reference I play amateur footy for my local suburb and know how badly a 12 week injury can effect your fitness base, I’d cut the kid some slack.

It’s about context mate, I doubt he barely got a chance to build up his fitness coming back from his knee injury, 3 months is a long time to be out for which can ruin your tank. And for reference I play amateur footy for my local suburb and know how badly a 12 week injury can effect your fitness base, I’d cut the kid some slack.
I am cooling on Raynor for a different reason , I find these kids who are just a bit stronger when they come up against hardened AFL players such as Fyfe and Dusty , They are all of a sudden the rag doll ,Where as players with great evasive skills can wrong foot a senior player just as easily as an 18 yr old , In some cases even more easily , Thats why my top 3 are LDU , Dow and Brayshaw

Back