Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Buddhists and Hindus aren't gathering by the thousands and marching on the Muslim villages. They can all get along fine with each other. There is one religion that consistently shows it's inability to get along. The more of them you get together, the less tolerant of everyone else they are.
Sounds like you and your UPF mates. The more of you that get together, the more intolerant you become :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sounds like you and your UPF mates. The more of you that get together, the more intolerant you become :eek::eek::eek::eek:

* the UPF and all so-called patriots. They are racist dickheads. That doesn't make islam benign. It's a dangerous religion that makes every society worse.

TBH all religions do.

I agree. One religion is clearly the worst though. Every country where they are a majority is intolerant. Every country where they are a large minority, they cause serious problems. Every country where they are a small minority, they scream persecution while still holding the same intolerant views.

Go **** off. Seriously. You're trying to say that people being relocated are worse than the persecution and ethnic cleansing of a bunch of muslims, simply because they are Muslim. Grow up.

You get it that the Rohingya people are the British, the Hindus and Buddhists the Aboriginal First Nations people in this situation?

We still haven't sorted that out yet.

https://www.culturalsurvival.org/pu...inue-indigenous-people-chittagong-hill-tracts

Over the past ten years the accumulated human rights violations of the Bangladesh Army have been well documented by various international human rights organizations (Amnesty International, Cultural Survival, International Working Group for Indigenous Peoples, Anti-Slavery Society, Survival International, International Fellowship of Reconciliation, etc.) and by the international press.

The human rights violations include:
* murders
* rape and gang rape
* torture
* imprisonment without trial
* herding of people into concentration camps (called cooperative villages, similar to the strategic hamlets in Vietnam)
* burning of villages
* looting
* extortion, ransom demands
* destroying and looting of Buddhist places of worship
* forcible eviction and seizure of land
* arbitrary arrests and heatings
* forced conversion to Islam
* forced marriage of indigenous women to Bengali men
* forced exile of indigenous population to India

Since 1976, successive Bangladesh governments have practiced genocide and ethnocide in order to change the demographic character of the district; they have relocated the Muslim Bengali population from other parts of Bangladesh and evicted the indigenous people from their traditional lands. The objective of the relocation policy is blatantly described by a military officer who said, "We want the land, not the people."

The attempted annexation of Rakhine is just another example of Bengali Muslims forcing their way into other people's lands and using terrorism to drive out the natives.

Same s**t in Indonesia:

The Sumatran rainforests of Indonesia are home to the Orang Rimba - the people of the jungle. Their faith and nomadic way of life are not recognised by the state and, as their forests are destroyed to make way for palm oil plantations, many are being forced to convert to Islam to survive.

The surrounding majority Muslim population calls the Orang Rimba "Kubu".

"It means that they are very dirty, they are garbage, you can't even look because it is so disgusting," explains anthropologist Butet Manurung, who has lived with the Orang Rimba for many years.

"It also means primitive, stupid, bad smelling - basically pre-human. People say their evolution is not complete."

Talk about pot and kettle.

Finally, some light is being thrown on what a screw up multiculturalism has become when celebrating minorities and identity politics goes too far. I've been banging on about this for forever.

This might be in the wrong thread.

Research by Deakin University says multiculturalism must focus less on celebrating minorities and more on inclusion.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...-order-survive-deakin-university-study-claims

**** me.

Can you not see the role of Western capitalism in this aswell?

In Indonesia? Sure. I try to actively avoid palm oil products because of the environmental impacts and the impact on indigenous communities like the Orang Rimba. Doesn't mean it's any less horrible that they are being forced to convert.

In Indonesia? Sure. I try to actively avoid palm oil products because of the environmental impacts and the impact on indigenous communities like the Orang Rimba. Doesn't mean it's any less horrible that they are being forced to convert.
How is the view of companies that rely on palm oil and eradicate their homes any lest disrespectful than the religious nuts?

How is the view of companies that rely on palm oil and eradicate their homes any lest disrespectful than the religious nuts?

As I said, I am taking personal action against that. All I can do about the forced conversions is post about it, so I'm doing that, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy anything with palm oil in it either. The pictures out of there make me howl, it's monstrous.

Yeah, definitely. There's some heartbreaking footage of orangutans that makes me want to hurt people.

They are sneaky bastards though, giving it different names to make it even harder to boycott.

The Buddhists and Hindus aren't gathering by the thousands and marching on the Muslim villages. They can all get along fine with each other. There is one religion that consistently shows it's inability to get along. The more of them you get together, the less tolerant of everyone else they are.
Isn't that exactly what the Burmese are doing to the Rohingya?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't that exactly what the Burmese are doing to the Rohingya?

It's what the Rohingya have been doing to the Rakhine.

The Rakhine trace their roots in the area back at least 1200 years (at times ruling over powerful kingdoms). They have no other homeland. The Rohingya are Bengali Muslims, mostly pushed in there during the British colonial period. Since the British left, they've tried to take over. First, when the Japanese invaded in 1942, the Buddhists didn't resist and so the Brits armed the Bengalis to fight the Japanese and got out of there. The Bengalis immediately turned the weapons onto the Rakhine, slaughtering tens of thousands, burning down their villages and destroying their temples and religious artifacts.

When the British came back after the war and told the Bengalis to let the Rakhine come back and rebuild, they weren't having it and started plotting to join the Rakhine state to East Pakistan (Bangladesh). Since Burma became independent in 1948, the Bengalis have continued to terrorize the Buddhists and seek annexation to Bangladesh. In addition to out-breeding the Rakhine, they also continually added to their numbers through illegal immigration. This latest crisis began when they committed one of the largest scale terror attacks ever, with thousands of men from about 50 different villages attacking dozens of Buddhist and Hindu villages and police outposts.

I don't understand why the mainstream narrative is as one-sided as it is. I'm no fan of the Burmese military, but in this case they are defending Rakhine Buddhists and Hindus. Why should those people have to give up their ancestral home to the Bengalis just because they're breeding like rabbits and running out of space in their own country?

It's what the Rohingya have been doing to the Rakhine.

The Rakhine trace their roots in the area back at least 1200 years (at times ruling over powerful kingdoms). They have no other homeland. The Rohingya are Bengali Muslims, mostly pushed in there during the British colonial period. Since the British left, they've tried to take over. First, when the Japanese invaded in 1942, the Buddhists didn't resist and so the Brits armed the Bengalis to fight the Japanese and got out of there. The Bengalis immediately turned the weapons onto the Rakhine, slaughtering tens of thousands, burning down their villages and destroying their temples and religious artifacts.

When the British came back after the war and told the Bengalis to let the Rakhine come back and rebuild, they weren't having it and started plotting to join the Rakhine state to East Pakistan (Bangladesh). Since Burma became independent in 1948, the Bengalis have continued to terrorize the Buddhists and seek annexation to Bangladesh. In addition to out-breeding the Rakhine, they also continually added to their numbers through illegal immigration. This latest crisis began when they committed one of the largest scale terror attacks ever, with thousands of men from about 50 different villages attacking dozens of Buddhist and Hindu villages and police outposts.

I don't understand why the mainstream narrative is as one-sided as it is. I'm no fan of the Burmese military, but in this case they are defending Rakhine Buddhists and Hindus. Why should those people have to give up their ancestral home to the Bengalis just because they're breeding like rabbits and running out of space in their own country?

You think northern australia isn't being eyed off?

This may be the Fire OG talking but I would love to see a campaign from Muslims to express themselves through their hijabs, burkhas, robes and kufis. Like thousands of women in rainbow hijabs to show their support for diversity, or men in green and gold robes to express their love of Australia and their brotherhood with their fellow Australians above some random Muslim from the other side of the world. I think it would be great to walk around my neighbourhood and see an outpouring of solidarity from the Muslim community toward this country and its people. I would love that.

When looking at the situation with the Rohingya and the Rakhine, I think it's important to consider the religious aspect.

A person can call themselves a Buddhist and be a murderer, a rapist or a genocidal tyrant. But they cannot support those murders, rapes or genocides with scripture and no credible religious scholar will condone their behaviour. A person can call themselves a Muslim, and they can gather other Muslims with them, go to the house of a Hindu or a Buddhist and drag the family from their house. They can rape the women and slaughter the men and burn the house to the ground. And they can justify what they did with words from their holy book. And Muslim leaders around the world will call them heroes and they will be promised eternal paradise.

Whose side should we be on here?

Bengali Muslim radicals and even semi-moderates are a completely different kettle of fish compared to the ones we see in the middle east. I travel to that part of the world quite often for business and i am telling you, minority religious groups (even within Islam), atheists, gays, transexuals live in fear. Outside of thrashing Hindu villages and temples, how many atheists been murdered in Bangladesh in the past 2 years? just google. Even the moderates hate atheists but they dont act out in public like that but secretly they are happy if atheists get murdered.I asked one of them once about what does he think of the atheist murders and he replied "ofcourse its a tragedy but honestly they should not be speaking up against our religion in public, if you disrespect god you will pay the ultimate price". I was shocked to hear that, i was working with this bloke , highly educated and so on, but it doesnt look like he is too concerned about the human rights violations there, he needs to find a legitimate excuse for the radicals.

As I've also been banging on about for forever, the reformers need more support and specifically more air time with our public broadcasting. This shouldn't be seen as a partisan issue but the left really needs to get on board and stop patronising and promoting Islam/ism.

Why can't we scrutinise and subject it to the same levels of objective criticism as any other religious orgs? The honest answer to that might be quite confronting.

The problem is both the far left and the far right are so full of themselves. One refuses to acknowledge that there is a problematic element in the society. This comes from them living mostly in developed nations with little idea how religion works in 3rd world nations. The moderates in places like Bangladesh are never going to kill, but they are secretly happy when an atheist gets murdered. We are not going to have discussions with the lefties about this cause then you will be branded racist. For example ask an average Bangladeshi what should we do with homosexuals. Most of them will tell you its a disease and they deserve to be locked up or killed.

We cannot even talk about the Hindu genocide in the Bangladesh, cause people are not interested. According to the media its the Muslims who are victims.

Then you have the far right who will blame everyone for the actions of a few in ALL countries.Having a discussion with them is useless cause they think they are all the same without understanding the cultural elements.

Those of us who want an objective discussion about Islam are rarely going to get one. Mostly because we will come across as a racist or an apologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back