top 10 richmond players in the history of the sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice troll OP but it's like water off a ducks back to a Richmond supporter. It's over. The war has been won. The Tigers are Premiers. Try this list...

- Royce Hart
- Ian Stewart
- Kevin Bartlett
- Jack Dyer
- Jack Titus
- Mathew Richardson
- Dustin Martin with more to come
- Roy Wright
- Francis Bourke
- Dick Clay

Ian Stewart is a StKilda player.

Haydn Bunton only played 119 games with Fitzroy yet is considered by many to be the lions' best ever player.

There is no dilution of his VFL/AFL club representation.

I don't ever see Crows fans claiming Wayne Carey as Adelaides greatest player.

Agree mate, its a richmond thread though to troll the club. Watch the main board mods let this thread run unlocked for ever and a day :)
You were right.
Sorry but I can only think of a top 6 for West Coast but I know there was more...

- Ben Cousins
- Michael Gardiner
- Chris Mainwaring
- Daniel Kerr
- Daniel Chick
- Chad Fletcher
- Murray Newman
- Ben Sharp
- John Kizon
- Bradley Robert Edwards

Last edited:
There is no dilution of his VFL/AFL club representation.

I don't ever see Crows fans claiming Wayne Carey as Adelaides greatest player.
Because he wasn't good at Adelaide, he played two seasons with them and kicked 56 goals. Stewart won a brownlow with the tigers and was one of the best on ground in the 1973 grand final IMO. Only six tiger players have won the brownlow, so it's an impressive feat.

Serious question - does Richo sit alongside Dyer as tigers greatest?
I Genuinely think the gap between Richardson and Carey was smaller than many people think. Richardson kicked 800 goals in some very bad teams and copped a lot of injuries. He was a gun contested mark who could play multiple positions.

I Genuinely think the gap between Richardson and Carey was smaller than many people think. Richardson kicked 800 goals in some very bad teams and copped a lot of injuries. He was a gun contested mark who could play multiple positions.
And incredibly durable too playing great footy over almost 15 years

Tend to believe he is actually underrated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And incredibly durable too
Not sure about durability, he broke down a few times! In the AFL era I'd only have Ablett snr, Dunstall, Lockett and Carey as better. Equal to Franklin who in some ways is quite similar. Above the Riewoldts, Pavlich, Tredrea, Fevola, Brown, Loewe, Kernahan and Lloyd who in my opinion was helped by a good midfield. Swap Lloyd and Richardson around teams wise and Richardson shines.

Nick Daffy was a strange one, never seen a bloke fall off the cliff as quickly as him, was one of the best small forwards in the comp until they tried to turn him into a mid, 12 months later he wasn't even VFL standard.
Think his knees were shot.
Struggles with them now.

The difference between Richardson and Carey is that when Carey was dominant, so was North, when Richardson was dominant, Richmond were still little better than a mid to low table side.

North (Carey): 9, 6, 8, 12, 5, 3, 3, 5, 3, 1, 2, 4, 13, 7

Richardson (Richmond): 14, 9, 3, 9, 13, 9, 12, 9, 4, 14, 13, 16, 12, 9, 16, 9, 15

matthew rogers
matthew knights
matthew richardson
wayne campbell
jack dyer
dustin martin
nick daffy
royce hart
tyrone vickery
kevin bartlett
You missed 2017 PREMIERSHIP STARS Jack I had a beard when I was 12 Graeme, jason cant kick that well but can mark and WILL run you down castagna, jacob i dont like you and will rub your face into the turf townsend, and Nick i dont give a s**t i ****ed up twice in the gf 1st quarter cause ill spend the rest of the game demolishing you Vlastuin, to name a few that could be squeezed in into a top 100.

If done in 2012 Cotchin is one of the first picked .
Still think he comfortably makes the top 10 and is even in front of Dusty over their whole careers to this point.
This is despite Dusty's unbelievable 2017.

Jess
Roach
Weightman
Bourke
Bartlett
Cotchin
Richardson
Reiwoldt
Martin
Rance

My best since and including the 80's .

edit: No specific order. apologise Deledio, Knights
Mark Lee.
BOG 1980 GF.
Poor ol peter moore.

Even quality threads now get overrun by trolls. This forum is really going to s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back