$65.2 mil - 2017
$47.5 mil - 2016

Membership
2017 - 75,777
2016 - 72,403

$1,000,000 premiership prize

Sponsorship increased
Merchandise increase due to premiership

What are we amortisation and depreciation. ????
We must be writing off alot of crap

I expected well over $6 mil this year
cash reserve is up by at least 7 million

Last edited:
Looks like we’re trying to get out of gaming. Will be hard

We are? Where did you get that from?

We're certainly diversifying our off field activities, but I can't see any reason to think that gaming wont remain an income stream.

We are? Where did you get that from?

We're certainly diversifying our off field activities, but I can't see any reason to think that gaming wont remain an income stream.

Well they’re not expanding their interest in gaming and diversifying their income stream via Allied Leisure. I have no doubt if they had a choice they wouldn’t be taking a cent from gaming. But for now have no choice.

Well they’re not expanding their interest in gaming and diversifying their income stream via Allied Leisure. I have no doubt if they had a choice they wouldn’t be taking a cent from gaming. But for now have no choice.
I dont think we are trying to get out of poker machines just not expanding our portfolio. these licences are very expensive now, so i think that would influence any idea of getting more.

I dont think we are trying to get out of poker machines just not expanding our portfolio. these licences are very expensive now, so i think that would influence any idea of getting more.

But the cash they generate is huge. If it was just about the money they’d be into it more and long term

It also depends on where and the venue. I think if we really want to get out of them, then soon enough they will sell them and we will see.

Not without replacing the cash they generate. Until they can do that it will be hard. Might be after the next time the licences are up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

still can't believe we won the premiership, just can't get my head around it, i always walk around with my Richmond hat on and people keep saying congratz and i'm like huh. LOL
I've noticed the same reaction from people...they all love that we won.

But the cash they generate is huge. If it was just about the money they’d be into it more and long term

Way things are going, there's a good chance pokies will start to decline eventually. Whether that's due to restrictions, increased taxes on them, or whatever, who knows. But they're not exactly popular at the moment (and fair enough) and I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see some government/legislative pressure put on them.

Ten years ago we had revenue of $28M, net assets $1M, debt $4M+ and membership barely 30K.

Not a fan of Grant Thomas but he always said the biggest opportunity in the AFL was us. He was right.

$3,000,000 - Im actually disappointed

What are we amortisation and depreciation. ????
We must be writing off alot of crap
Amortisation is paying down debt (which we don't have) and 'allocating the cost of an intangible asset'. Hmmm, not sure is we are doing that (though the goodwill of the RFC brand and the Wantirna club brand would be worth a few bucks); so it may be all depreciation. We would be able to depreciate PRO (including the latest capital works) and also the Wantirna club. That is a good thing, That means the club pays less expense. Great if we can maximise our revenue and minimise our taxable income.

Why didn't we sack and delist everybody?

Practically did. Compare the list between now and then and apart from Dimma the entire coaching panel changed. Board changes, Balme, re-defined role for DR, recruitment changes. Place is completely different.

With AFLW and Also VFL teams there will be a massive demand for good grounds that can facilitate 20,000 - 25,000 people

The main thing the Richmond football club should be looking to invest in is a Grandstand that can hold 15,000 people at punt rd

We have a goldmine there just waiting to be untapped, I would even be happy to play 3 - 4 games of AFL there

Fremantle ,Gold Coast , GWS , #LOLNORF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back