Politics Perfidious Albion - The Crimes of The English Empire known as "the United Kingdom"

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep....Some people never get over the angry teenager tirade stage....All angst, zero culture...

Some metal caters to that, it is true. BUT, like it's Blues roots, its themes cover more adult sides of negative emotions as well. The world is not all sunshine and puppies, and heavy metal is there to reflect on this.

'To each their own' is all the wisdom I can muster on this topic though. Actually its what I muster on most topics these days. Funny, that.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The British attitude to Ireland over the border issue in Brexit is typical arrogant English s**t.

They are not treating the Irish as equal negotiating partners and are being offensively blase about the whole issue.

It is going to very rapidly dawn on the Brit's that it is not the old days and they can't just impose outcomes on the Irish anymore.

The Irish can veto any deal the UK tries to make with Europe.

Also,the Irish have very strong support within the EU. They won't be sold out by Berlin like some of the more delusional Brexiteers think.

Ireland is an EU poster child - small country that has enjoyed massive economic benefits as part of membership. It also "tool its medicine" in 2007/08 after the crash and has rebounded strongly.

They are going out of their way to be flexible on the border with the Brits,but that typical English ingrained racism means those efforts are being thrown back in their face.

The border issue will not end well for the Brits
=

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Grime and dubstep are CCRU products.

Massive kudos for the CCRU reference even if I don't agree with you there. Grime a very organic thing that grew from pirate radio and black youth finding it difficult to get venues for their own raves.

King Brown

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Massive kudos for the CCRU reference even if I don't agree with you there. Grime a very organic thing that grew from pirate radio and black youth finding it difficult to get venues for their own raves.
I dunno, I was listening to Kode9 mixes in 2004 when grime/dubstep dropped, and that guy is whiter than me. Drum and bass and jungle I'll give you.

Trip hop wouldn't have happened without the slave trade centred on Bristol.

CCRU were very interesting. Once you discover accelerationism, mainstream politics in general looks pretty pedestrian.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
The British attitude to Ireland over the border issue in Brexit is typical arrogant English s**t.

They are not treating the Irish as equal negotiating partners and are being offensively blase about the whole issue.

It is going to very rapidly dawn on the Brit's that it is not the old days and they can't just impose outcomes on the Irish anymore.

The Irish can veto any deal the UK tries to make with Europe.

Also,the Irish have very strong support within the EU. They won't be sold out by Berlin like some of the more delusional Brexiteers think.

Ireland is an EU poster child - small country that has enjoyed massive economic benefits as part of membership. It also "tool its medicine" in 2007/08 after the crash and has rebounded strongly.

They are going out of their way to be flexible on the border with the Brits,but that typical English ingrained racism means those efforts are being thrown back in their face.

The border issue will not end well for the Brits
=

Outside of the scope of this thread I know.....But that wasn't the case prior to the last election....The only reason I can see for May having called that election, with a full 2 years to run still, was for BREXIT to be plunged into the state of uncertainty, compromise & chaos, as a result of her diminished margin.

It's true that the Poms attitude towards the Scots, Welsh & Irish has always been one of Imperious condescension....But on the BREXIT issue, I am fully behind them.....The E/U exists in order to destroy Nation Democracies & the notion of Democracy as such....That is the most precious political institution we have, as a defense against barbaric corporate fascism taking over the entire world.

That people in this day & age are so blind to this fundamental truth is truly shocking to me.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I dunno, I was listening to Kode9 mixes in 2004 when grime/dubstep dropped, and that guy is whiter than me. Drum and bass and jungle I'll give you.

Trip hop wouldn't have happened without the slave trade centred on Bristol.

CCRU were very interesting. Once you discover accelerationism, mainstream politics in general looks pretty pedestrian.

Dizzee Rascal released Boy In Da Corner in 2003 and he's very black.

Accelerationism is interesting, but also quite dangerous.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If "British culture" is so good, why has everywhere the English have turned up fought them and then broke free of them (with various levels of success?)

Trainwreck of a poorly trolled thread but i will respond to this.

Broke free of them? Who apart from the US? Independence didnt occur for most until after WWII and even then many were happy to stay under Brit rule eg Trucial states.

The Brits had so few troops in places like India they had no chance of ruling unless they coopted a large % of the local population;

As for those arch whiners the Irish, well wasnt hard to buy them off, huge numbers were prepared to take the kings shilling and later on act as touts for the Brits.

The real issue with the English now is they refuse to be honest about their past, which means they can't understand their present, so they've just gone and screwed their medium term future with Brexit.

lol. Scot independence is good (even though they bludge massively off the English) but BREXIT is bad (even though Brits large net contributors to EU)

Rather large logic fail there.

We begin with the collaboration between British intelligence and Gaddafi in the 2000s. In which the Brits rendered people to be tortured by Gaddafi, did oil business with Gaddafi, helped Gaddafi back into international legitimacy, and then proceeded to overthrow him.

Blair and Brown were weapons grade campaigners. I don't think you will find anyone moronic enough to defend those two.

You can't, but you also can't deny that communism did the same in Russia and China. Both were feudal backwaters populated by a large and extremely poor peasant class, that under the auspices of communism were transformed into industrial and military superpowers.

What a load of tosh. If they had been under a capitalist system they would have been far, far better off. Russia from largest wheat exporter pre revolution then managed to be unable to feed itself. Compare China to Japan and Korea for example. Still dramatically behind in living standards.

As for comparing Brit colonialism to communism under Mao, I will leave you to dig your own rather ridiculous hole.

Last edited:

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good and bad. You can't deny that the English empire also increased living standards dramatically across countries.

Tell that to the millions of catholic Irishman , slaughtered by Cromwell, uprooted from their lands and sold into slavery
Or talk to the original occupants of all parts of the commonwealth
Or maybe the average englishmen pressed into service
Or the boys running into machine guns
Totally s**t country with no ethics
Still supporting free loading inbreds
Lets become a republic and claim back our assetts

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves. Britons never, ever, ever shall be slaves....Which is why they're leaving the E.U....Once they pay the mafioso's $100 Billion ransom note.:thumbsu:

Quite fitting that slaves point
Shows what a bunch of hypocrites they are

King Brown

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
What a load of tosh. If they had been under a capitalist system they would have been far, far better off. Russia from largest wheat exporter pre revolution then managed to be unable to feed itself. Compare China to Japan and Korea for example. Still dramatically behind in living standards.
What capitalist system? Surely not the laissez faire system in the Raj, which plagued Bengal with famine?

Maybe capitalism works, but not the British kind, which only prospered when it could plunder the world, like the parasites the Brits are. Since WW2 British capitalism has been characterised by long term decline.
As for comparing Brit colonialism to communism under Mao, I will leave you to dig your own rather ridiculous hole.
True, more died from famine under British colonialism than famine under Mao.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Broke free of them? Who apart from the US? Independence didnt occur for most until after WWII and even then many were happy to stay under Brit rule eg Trucial states.

The Brits had so few troops in places like India they had no chance of ruling unless they coopted a large % of the local population;

As for those arch whiners the Irish, well wasnt hard to buy them off, huge numbers were prepared to take the kings shilling and later on act as touts for the Brits.

lol. Scot independence is good (even though they bludge massively off the English) but BREXIT is bad (even though Brits large net contributors to EU)

Rather large logic fail there.

Blair and Brown were weapons grade campaigners. I don't think you will find anyone moronic enough to defend those two.

Back again mate
If it wasn't for communism , fair chance were all German pal and maybe asias all japanese
The crap you type
Stop being selective with your facts
Give credit where and when it's due
Bankers own England
Fool

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good and bad. You can't deny that the English empire also increased living standards dramatically across countries.

Heard of the east India company , the German mercs
They wait for it invented a train not for the benefit of others but to rape and pillage easier
Also Invented sweet shops , child exploitation , concentration camps, usurys , piracy
Yeah there great
Love those pork pies
At least unions were created there out of savage injustice
Hey even made IRISH slaves have negro babies as they were worth more for sale
GREAT PEOPLE

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another attack on western civilisation by the left .

If it wasn't for western civilisation we wouldn't all be living the quality of life we currently live and the English played a key role in this .

Human civilisation like all forms of life is a competition were the strong conquer the week, the British were just the biggest and the strongest .

Mate please get out more
Your very ill informed
Love how good old queen vic made china a opiate market , addicting most for profit
Like those holes in the ground that we recieve 29c a tonne for whilst the poms laugh their **** off
Or maybe you liked how the last two decent leaders we've had who attempted to get something back , got arseholed
Please go back to that shite hole

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
"British Empire", get it right:mad:
Anyway the world wouldn't be civilised and we wouldn't be enjoying British culture and probably be living in poverty without it. I'd be grateful if I were you....

My great great grandfather was sold as a slave
Maybe you wouldn't be a cheerleader

Proud SJW

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lol, "civilised". You know the Greeks and Romans developed the underpinnings of our civilisation while the British were living in trees.

There are some elements of British culture I like, notably the satire and long form written creative stuff.

I like a lot of modern British music too,but that is largely the result of African American and Afro Caribbean British culture.

Leni Riefenstahl made some nice films too.

And no, the British Empire is no such thing. It is and always has been an English empire that first colonised neighbours (Wales, Ireland, Scotland) too small to resist subjugation by the warlike tribe next door, a nasty violent lot that breed like rats and think and are as vicious as rats.

If "British culture" is so good, why has everywhere the English have turned up fought them and then broke free of them (with various levels of success?)

India was richer, more too technologically advanced and more "civilised" then England when it's first interactions with the poor, savagely sectarian literally pirate state pariah of Europe began.

Through sheer bloody minded murder and deviousness ... the very title of this thread comes from an Indian fed description of England ... the pirate kingdom (queendom at the start) robbed India of its wealth, killed tens of millions, reduced life expectancy and generally destroyed the joint.

What did India get in return? Cricket and a bureaucracy. Wow, British culture
I think one of the most frightening things about the level of knowledge I've encountered over the years is that people like this fellow I've quoted above consider themselves enlightened and knowledgeable.

It would take a considerable effort to write any sort of rebuttal to this post. Pages, really, to address each "point" up there in it's entirety and in a form capable of setting the record straight, as it were.. or at least as straight as possible given what we know.
And so, of course, most who do really know anything don't bother, and posts like this one above get a few "likes" and the jaundiced views of hate-filled folks hold sway... even when they're telling themselves they're the ones who are capable of viewing things with an open-minded equanimity not shared by most.

There are few things more disconcerting in debate as a half-educated man. One who approaches his learning and judgement emotionally rather than objectively.
Because that emotional approach is one of the very things capable of enabling other fools to gather under the same banner, and then... well, we've learned nothing really, have we.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think one of the most frightening things about the level of knowledge I've encountered over the years is that people like this fellow I've quoted above consider themselves enlightened and knowledgeable.

It would take a considerable effort to write any sort of rebuttal to this post. Pages, really, to address each "point" up there in it's entirety and in a form capable of setting the record straight, as it were.. or at least as straight as possible given what we know.
And so, of course, most who do really know anything don't bother, and posts like this one above get a few "likes" and the jaundiced views of hate-filled folks hold sway... even when they're telling themselves they're the ones who are capable of viewing things with an open-minded equanimity not shared by most.

There are few things more disconcerting in debate as a half-educated man. One who approaches his learning and judgement emotionally rather than objectively.
Because that emotional approach is one of the very things capable of enabling other fools to gather under the same banner, and then... well, we've learned nothing really, have we.

"It would take a considerable effort to write any sort of rebuttal to this post."

Clearly you're not up to it.

Proud SJW

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
"It would take a considerable effort to write any sort of rebuttal to this post."

Clearly you're not up to it.
Internet responses 101, page 3, paragraph two.
"How to use stock phrases in a knee-jerk response in order to avoid doing any thinking".

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

Very poor troll thread. It seems inspired by anti-English racism. The examples he has quoted are after the British Empire ended. There is no balance either between good/bad that the British Empire did - and comparison with other empires.

Even after Brit rule finished most nations were keen to retain membership of the Commonwealth. Some countries that were not even constitutionally linked to the UK, such as Rwanda and Mozambique, have joined. You could argue it's a much better arrangement than the EU. It's a voluntary international organisation in which autonomous countries with diverse social, political, and economic backgrounds are regarded as equal in status, and cooperate within a framework of common values and goals that promotes common values such as the promotion of democracy, human rights, good governance, the rule of law, individual liberty, egalitarianism, free trade, multilateralism, and world peace.

The EU is mainly a gravy train for second rate politicians and bureaucrats.

The British East India co. ruled for long time with local troops. As in any war, there were atrocities on both sides when conflict arose. Despite some terrible events in the past most modern Indians appreciate the benefits of speaking English, democracy, a justice system, the abolition of slavery, the abolition of the caste system.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Internet responses 101, page 3, paragraph two.
"How to use stock phrases in a knee-jerk response in order to avoid doing any thinking".

OK, let's use the example I originally posted.

The behavior of the British state as per Gaddafi.

You tell me how that isn't anything but duplicitous horror.

Proud SJW

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
OK, let's use the example I originally posted.

The behavior of the British state as per Gaddafi.

You tell me how that isn't anything but duplicitous horror.
It certainly was, I don't disagree at all.
Point you're missing is that that very same "duplicitous horror" was practiced by pretty much everyone, everywhere, all throughout history.
About the only thing separating the British from others at the time is that they were rather good at it. Technological advantage, mostly, in spite of your claims otherwise. Let's not forget that "India" wasn't really India before the British came either.

I mean, if it were to come down to a court of law, the British could present a fairly coherent troubled childhood defense.
"I admit it, yer honour, I were a bit of a bad lad, went off the rails a bit 'n all... but it all comes from when I were a wee lad, and the Romans, the Danes, the Germans, the French... they all had a piece o' me. Made me into the man I am today, but I swear yer honour I'm a changed man now, and won't you please go easy on me?".

Not a court in the land would convict them.

Back