Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice progress. What is your height and bf%?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im 5'10 currently 87kg around 13-15% i can see my top 4 abs, a little belly fat on my lower stomach "love handles"

In the before photo i was probably 82-83kg obviously higher bodyfat, i was very typical skinny fat.

Weighed in this morning 85.5kg down from 89kg 8 weeks ago in mid August. Haven't had to struggle to hard for the weight loss which is good, just cut back on the snacking during the week and reduced the junk food over the weekends. Plus i've been renovating my place, so 2 hours each night and non stop over the weekends has helped burn a few extra calories.

Weighed in this morning 85.5kg down from 89kg 8 weeks ago in mid August. Haven't had to struggle to hard for the weight loss which is good, just cut back on the snacking during the week and reduced the junk food over the weekends. Plus i've been renovating my place, so 2 hours each night and non stop over the weekends has helped burn a few extra calories.

Just do what I’ve done - get your wisdom teeth out* and be stuck with liquids all day err day and you’ll drop like mad. I’ve dropped 2.5~kg in 3 days... 50kg 5’6 :(;)

*locate other teeth if you’ve had these out already.

In all seriousness, can’t wait to get my beautiful gains back.

Just do what I’ve done - get your wisdom teeth out* and be stuck with liquids all day err day and you’ll drop like mad. I’ve dropped 2.5~kg in 3 days... 50kg 5’6 :(;)

*locate other teeth if you’ve had these out already.

In all seriousness, can’t wait to get my beautiful gains back.

I had mine out 3 years ago, almost to the day......during that time I was bulking bro so I ate extra in lead up to surgery to account for the weight loss haha

Weighed in 84.1kg this morning the weight is falling off. I think I'm going to write a book......how to renovate and lose 20 pounds

I will have one more strict week, I'm heading to the races next weekend so will have a couple of drinks and deep fried food....plus a BBQ Tuesday for cup day. It will give my a body a few extra calories to work with and then back into diet after Tuesday

Weighed in 84.1kg this morning the weight is falling off. I think I'm going to write a book......how to renovate and lose 20 pounds

I will have one more strict week, I'm heading to the races next weekend so will have a couple of drinks and deep fried food....plus a BBQ Tuesday for cup day. It will give my a body a few extra calories to work with and then back into diet after Tuesday

Content would probably be better than 99% of health/lifestyle books out there lol

Long time Lurker. Thought id post introduce myself.
Refer to myself as a FFJ (Former Fat Jocks) heaviest i tipped in at was 110kgs, standard left school, full time study for 2 years and blew out.

Accidentally fell into the fitness industry, the cert 3 and 4 was tacked onto my sport development course. Randomly threw my resume into the local gym managed by the shire (lucky i could Talk, because jeez i was a fat jocks). 10 years later i manage a small gym and group fitness studio in Rural Victoria taking Spin classes, boxing classes, Aqua aerobics, Bootcamps. As well as giving talks to Uni resi's on how to manage diet/exercise and sleep while studying.
Its scary how the industry is going, trainers are getting worse and worse, the courses are ridiculous now how many bad trainers are being churned out. You basically have to re train them on site.

Currently sitting on around 85kgs @ 4-8% Body Fat, although i don't totally trust our Inbody scales, have used Evolt ones at Filex, they had my BFP a little higher.
The hardest thing was dropping that last 5-10% Body Fat, watched "That Sugar Film" and it blew me away. Made some simple changes to my diet, instead of 3-4 Lattes(no sugar) at work id have maybe one, then have instants, which cut my milk consumption drastically. Really monitored foods with added sugars. Dropped it in less than a month. So this is always my advice when it comes to losing fat, especially that last niggling few Kilos.

Training consists of a standard 4 day split. Chest/Tri's, Back/Bi's, Shoulders/light arms, Legs/arms, Recent Grade 2 groin Tear which has only really impacted my Squats and lower ab exercises.
Cant really improve my muscle mass anymore, i just don't eat enough, its too expensive lol.
Protein Bar and some Peanut Butter on celery with a coffee for breakfast, 2-3 basic chicken and salad wraps for lunch, then something and Veg for Tea, with a Max's Absolute Mass Protein shake, and a Creatine and Glutamine after Training. It came with an Anabolic night Protein powder so am trying that.

upload_2017-11-8_14-13-37.png

Last edited:
Nice work, the photos distorts things but i would say you are more towards 8% those scales are pretty ordinary at estimating body fat. DEXA scans are the best.

Long time Lurker. Thought id post introduce myself.
Refer to myself as a FFJ (Former Fat Jocks) heaviest i tipped in at was 110kgs, standard left school, full time study for 2 years and blew out.

Accidentally fell into the fitness industry, the cert 3 and 4 was tacked onto my sport development course. Randomly threw my resume into the local gym managed by the shire (lucky i could Talk, because jeez i was a fat jocks). 10 years later i manage a small gym and group fitness studio in Rural Victoria taking Spin classes, boxing classes, Aqua aerobics, Bootcamps. As well as giving talks to Uni resi's on how to manage diet/exercise and sleep while studying.
Its scary how the industry is going, trainers are getting worse and worse, the courses are ridiculous now how many bad trainers are being churned out. You basically have to re train them on site.

Currently sitting on around 85kgs @ 4-8% Body Fat, although i don't totally trust our Inbody scales, have used Evolt ones at Filex, they had my BFP a little higher.
The hardest thing was dropping that last 5-10% Body Fat, watched "That Sugar Film" and it blew me away. Made some simple changes to my diet, instead of 3-4 Lattes(no sugar) at work id have maybe one, then have instants, which cut my milk consumption drastically. Really monitored foods with added sugars. Dropped it in less than a month. So this is always my advice when it comes to losing fat, especially that last niggling few Kilos.

Training consists of a standard 4 day split. Chest/Tri's, Back/Bi's, Shoulders/light arms, Legs/arms, Recent Grade 2 groin Tear which has only really impacted my Squats and lower ab exercises.
Cant really improve my muscle mass anymore, i just don't eat enough, its too expensive lol.
Protein Bar and some Peanut Butter on celery with a coffee for breakfast, 2-3 basic chicken and salad wraps for lunch, then something and Veg for Tea, with a Max's Absolute Mass Protein shake, and a Creatine and Glutamine after Training. It came with an Anabolic night Protein powder so am trying that.

View attachment 435633
Look more than 8% imo. Nice delts though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This, ladies and gents, is why you should squat. I wish I started earlier.

upload_2017-11-15_12-17-35.png

Photo from March last year. :eek:

I have stumpy legs and a long torso but here is my quad flex effort. They are definitely nowhere near big but they’re growing and a bit more muscular than before.

For some reason my left is bigger than my right despite my being right handed/dominant.

Last edited:
I have stumpy legs and a long torso but here is my quad flex effort. They are definitely nowhere near big but they’re growing and a bit more muscular than before.

View attachment 438138

For some reason my left is bigger than my right despite my being right handed/dominant.

My physio mate says quite often people's non domaint leg - particular footy players is often stronger because it is the stabilising leg when kicking.

Wouldn't that make it the dominant leg then? That's where your kicking distance comes from and it would be the leg you jump off as well

I’ve always* said this as well.

*I had an epiphany about 3 years ago haha

Wouldn't that make it the dominant leg then? That's where your kicking distance comes from and it would be the leg you jump off as well

Wouldn't most players jump off their kicking leg? I know that's what I do if I have the choice.

Wouldn't most players jump off their kicking leg? I know that's what I do if I have the choice.

Not really (if I’ve interpreted your post correctly).
Most would jump off their left leg if their ball strike leg was the right.

Not really (if I’ve interpreted your post correctly).
Most would jump off their left leg if their ball strike leg was the right.

Yeah I just had a look at a Howe highlights package and the majority of his screamers were launching from his left, which surprised me.

I wonder if ruckmen would be the same, since they have the opportunity to preset themselves in a more predictable environment.

I'm probably not a great example actually, because I carried a knee injury on my left for quite a few years so probably became pretty right dominant for most things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back