Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough then. Well, while we're being pedantic, here's what Chief said:

No indication that he thinks it's soley a John Oliver word either. Just that it would be useful watching for you. So it seems your constantly referencing Oliver is a bit of an odd thing to do.
At no point in my argument do I assert he thinks it's solely a John Oliver word.

My argument is that he and his fellow travellers take their cues from a TV show. It makes them slightly smarter than a Bolt reader, but not that smart overall.

I don't know, Donald. You tell us, you'd know better than most.

ETA: I thought I couldn't be more disgusted or shocked by Trump, but this just about takes the cake. Can you imagine any other world leader typing such a thing?
Is it even good politics? He is basically saying that despite the inappropriateness of photo 1, people should imagine it got worse (and seemingly 6x as worse) in order for them to decide Franken is bad. The photo does look like a hundred other inappropriate photos people have taken when someone is asleep, but normally it's a friend doing it to another friend (not a professional environment) and normally they're of the same gender (less charged). Maybe that's why Trump thinks it's not a big deal without him imagining 5 other photos?
At no point in my argument do I assert he thinks it's solely a John Oliver word.

My argument is that he and his fellow travellers take their cues from a TV show. It makes them slightly smarter than a Bolt reader, but not that smart overall.
But you have no evidence of that accusation. Since we're being pedantic about word use. Doesn't it suck when people can use your own arguments against you so easily?

Lol - you’re swinging wildly here.

I said YOU need to watch it. Implying that it was simple enough for a bloke like YOU to learn something from.

If you think you’re ready for the written word, look up formal and informal fallacy.

Specifically the use of whataboutery in propaganda for a hundred odd years.

It’s a form of argument from hypocrisy.

And it renders the argument invalid.

God how is this even happening that you take THAT LONG to catch on?

Go to Twitter where you won’t be noticed among the heaving crowds of idiots.

Lol - you’re swinging wildly here.

I said YOU need to watch it. Implying that it was simple enough for a bloke like YOU to learn something from.

If you think you’re ready for the written word, look up formal and informal fallacy.

Specifically the use of whataboutery in propaganda for a hundred odd years.

It’s a form of argument from hypocrisy.

And it renders the argument invalid.

God how is this even happening that you take THAT LONG to catch on?

Go to Twitter where you won’t be noticed among the heaving crowds of idiots.
Thinking someone who is arguing with you is an idiot is a sure sign of vacuity and preening self-regard.

What makes you think you're smarter than anyone else? In a number of threads this month, various studies, facts and figures had to be pointed out to you at length before you were able to comprehend them. Provided by me and others. And then you dismissed them out of hand because they did not fit with your world view.

And then you say "go watch John Oliver you big dumb dumb".

Thinking someone who is arguing with you is an idiot is a sure sign of vacuity and preening self-regard.

What makes you think you're smarter than anyone else? In a number of threads this month, various studies, facts and figures had to be pointed out to at length before you were able to comprehend them. Provided by me and others. And then you dismissed them out of hand because they did not fit with your world view.

And then you say "go watch John Oliver you big dumb dumb".

I don’t know who I am smarter than, but watching you stagger around this board gives me a bit of a clue in this case.

I don’t know who I am smarter than, but watching you stagger around this board gives me a bit of a clue in this case.
How does anyone stagger around on a board?

I mean if at any point you'd proven me wrong in any argument, I'd believe you. But you haven't.

Who's alias is king brown?
Someone we've banned a million times before.

* King Brown in this context this does not mean a literal million, like "stagger" does not mean physically stagger in the context used above. Please look up things like simile and metaphor for more information.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* King Brown in this context this does not mean a literal million, like "stagger" does not mean physically stagger in the context used above. Please look up things like simile and metaphor for more information.
Stagger does not make a good metaphor, especially since it's you who stays up late into the night arguing with people you hate. Probably after a few glasses of red and chortles at a media performer.

Stagger does not make a good metaphor, especially since it's you who stays up late into the night arguing with people you hate. Probably after a few glasses of red and chortles at a media performer.
Stagger makes a fine metaphor, but Chief, the most stable genius, is being too kind to you. You're lashing around like a wounded dog, biting at anything that comes close to threatening your fragile worldview.

G'day "lads".

Your project for the weekend is to go and talk (and listen, you cheeky sods!) to some women. As in real life female women in a relatively public place.

This has nothing to do with your patronising proposals. I'm pointing out the actual accusations of sexual assault, and the difference between that and certain people pretending the Billy Bush conversation amounts to a literal full blown confession.

I understand that a lot of people want the latter to be the case, but it's not. Perhaps a better move would be to focus on the women who have actually accused the man of sexual assault, instead of overreaching on some typical Trump trash.

The athletes who have come out and said that's not how locker rooms talk can also be treated with skepticism particularly now that the sex assault claims in Hollywood and Washington are showing the gap between perception and reality of some people and institutions.

You call that arguing? I call it verbalising* my despair.

(* NOTE: Not literally "verbalising", this being a written** medium***.)

(** NOTE: Not "written" as in "hand written".)

(*** NOTE: Not "medium" in the sense of part way**** between small and large.)

(**** NOTE: "Part way" could mean half way, or it could be in the sense used by many product manufacturers to denote a position on a scale of sizes. Even so, the points on these sizing scales are often equidistant from the points above and below them.)

Who's alias is king brown?

Excuse me Chief but it isn't healthy to talk to yourself in public!

You call that arguing? I call it verbalising* my despair.

(* NOTE: Not literally "verbalising", this being a written** medium***.)

(** NOTE: Not "written" as in "hand written".)

(*** NOTE: Not "medium" in the sense of part way**** between small and large.)

(**** NOTE: "Part way" could mean half way, or it could be in the sense used by many product manufacturers to denote a position on a scale of sizes. Even so, the points on these sizing scales are often equidistant from the points above and below them.)
Christ, you're a bore.

Stagger makes a fine metaphor, but Chief, the most stable genius, is being too kind to you. You're lashing around like a wounded dog, biting at anything that comes close to threatening your fragile worldview.
What is my fragile worldview?

Interesting response from those accused:

Franken: “I apologize. I should be investigated. I will cooperate with the investigation."

Moore: “Jesus wants you to send me money so we can defeat these evil , lying hussies.”

Trump: "All 12 of the people accusing me are lying, I'm the only truth speaker, believe me."

This has nothing to do with your patronising proposals. I'm pointing out the actual accusations of sexual assault, and the difference between that and certain people pretending the Billy Bush conversation amounts to a literal full blown confession.

I understand that a lot of people want the latter to be the case, but it's not. Perhaps a better move would be to focus on the women who have actually accused the man of sexual assault, instead of overreaching on some typical Trump trash.

The athletes who have come out and said that's not how locker rooms talk can also be treated with skepticism particularly now that the sex assault claims in Hollywood and Washington are showing the gap between perception and reality of some people and institutions.
Huh? "Hollywood" and 'Washington". They have nothing to do with "locker rooms" and what does "Washington" mean? Do you mean "Alabama"?

And I don't see many people pretending it was a sort of court-grade "literal full blown confession". What you said initially was:
he didn't literally talk about sexually assaulting women, it's just certain people who are invested in his downfall who are pretending he did.
And he did "literally talk about sexually assaulting women" as the full transcript shows, and as FireKrakouer and I just discussed:
I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the p***y."
He is "literally" saying he doesn't wait. He claims they let him, because he's "a star", and that's exactly the sort of inappropriate power relationship we know leads to assault. He has been accused of exactly this behaviour where he grabs women. And in case it needs to be pointed out 'grabbing' a woman like that does not sound like consensual behaviour. So it doesn't have to be assault as he has described it, but all those words taken together with their normal meanings describe something that sounds more like assault than it doesn't. If Weinstein said "they let you do it", would you say he was suggesting it was all above board, or hinting that they don't go to the press or police about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back