International Rules - Australia v Ireland

Remove this Banner Ad

Betts has always struggled in big games and when you need him most.

I love the bloke but it was my biggest criticism of him at Carlton but make no mistake when you are 8 goals up and playing rubbish teams he will will chime in with 5 goals when the game is done.
That's not true and you know it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Selwood plays one half of the game before being rubbed out and now he's swapped shorts and jumper with the Irish?

The biggest problem i see is Australia has much more room for improvement, if we get the same core group playing for 3 to 4 years i think the winning margin will increase and it could become uncompetitive.

That is to assume that the Irish wouldn't improve.

If I was to rate both squads in terms of top players selected/available, I'd rank Australia at about 80 to 90% (Dusty, Mitchell, Pendlebury, Ablett etc) .

I'd rank the Irish side at about 50%. No player from Dublin who have won 3 in a row being the biggest loss, amongst others who weren't available.

I'd love to see this with both teams at full availability and more preparation done for it.

A lot of people have spent a lot of time there over the years. Not even the slightest feeling of nostalgia from you?

No, only the smell of urine every time I went to buy an overpriced watered down mid strength beer in a plastic cup.

After a 15mins wait

The place is a dinosaur, sure I've got great memories from the Freo wins there, but the stadium belongs in a third world country.

It's good to see Neville Jetta playing well enough to get a game with the best, never thought it would happen, credit to him.

Every supporter has the 'what about my player' thing but Jetta deserves to be in the company of these blokes. Jetta is someone who does the right thing every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back