Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2017 edition - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So RugbyWA goes in administration on the back of the Force being removed and the subsequent legal battle. Rugby Australia has well and truly ****** over the game in WA for a long time if not almost permanently.
Sports administrators would be among the stupidest people on the planet. Beggars belief that some of these clowns not just get paid to * up the sport they administer but are paid very well

Lol not sure if any of you watch those total recall segments on the afl website? Twomey would draft Hurley instead of nic nat, beams before sloan and sidebottom before hanebery. Can't say I trust his judgements of talent anymore

Yeah I thought the same thing. What a tool

He seems to rate outside types who rack up heaps of kicks. Someone else on here has said something similar in the past, I think
People have ridiculously short memories- Nic Nat not playing this year would be put him further down callums list. Out of sight out of mind, sort of deal.

He's also a bombers fan, so natural bias is in there as well.

Hannebery is a good footballer, but has gone missing in big games- I would probably take Sidebottom before Hannebery personally. The Beams/Sloane would be also lot closer if Beams wasn't so injured all the time. He's a very very good footballer when fully fit. Sloane is ahead, though.

People have ridiculously short memories- Nic Nat not playing this year would be put him further down callums list. Out of sight out of mind, sort of deal.

He's also a bombers fan, so natural bias is in there as well.

Hannebery is a good footballer, but has gone missing in big games- I would probably take Sidebottom before Hannebery personally. The Beams/Sloane would be also lot closer if Beams wasn't so injured all the time. He's a very very good footballer when fully fit. Sloane is ahead, though.
Personally i find beams best is better than Sloanes. His early days were better than sloanes but due to injury and sloane's step up over the last two years, i can understand why some people view sloane as a better player.

Personally i find beams best is better than Sloanes. His early days were better than sloanes but due to injury and sloane's step up over the last two years, i can understand why some people view sloane as a better player.
Isn't that the point of the redraft? It's like a benefit of hindsight thing. Dan Menzel was a freak but who would draft him again? It's taking all those things into consideration for your club. I'd say they are equal as footballers but Sloan is still on the incline and beamscwas never able to peak for obvious reasons

Lol not sure if any of you watch those total recall segments on the afl website? Twomey would draft Hurley instead of nic nat, beams before sloan and sidebottom before hanebery. Can't say I trust his judgements of talent anymore
To be fair if Beams didn't have injuries I'd take him over Sloane. But agree your point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice brawl at the end of the half there

Most exciting thing about this game tbh

Just watched the replay of the mele.

Disgraceful effort from most of the Aussie boys, basically Shuey, Boak and maybe Betts taking on the entire Irish team. Particularly bad efforts from Wingard and Fyfe standing on the edge, not even making an attempt to help their teammates

Fyfe and Dangerfield touched my left hand. Blatantly not washing my hands

Betts is such a legend
Eddie is on the local radio every week during footy season.
Guy is very humble. Couldn't even read when he started at Carlton. Footy has been massive for him and now his family. Speaks brilliantly, none of that splurging BS from him.
He is a GOD in Adelaide. I'd have a beer with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back