top 10 richmond players in the history of the sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Barry Cable only played 76 games at North and made your Team of the Century. Brent Crosswell the same number of games as Cable, also in the TotC. Barry Davis, 71 games, in your Team of the Century. John Rantall beats them all though - 70 games and in your Team of the Century.

Rekt

Barry Cable only played 76 games at North and made your Team of the Century. Brent Crosswell the same number of games as Cable, also in the TotC. Barry Davis, 71 games, in your Team of the Century. John Rantall beats them all though - 70 games and in your Team of the Century.
Take that!
Boooommmm!

k3wl

Take that!
Boooommmm!

I don't know what part of "I didn't pick that team" that you lot fail to comprehend, but then again, I shouldn't be surprised..

The thread is "top 10 richmond players in the history of the sport ", not "the North Melbourne Team of the century".

However, I am happy to discuss the Richmond TOTC vs the North TOTC, as the North side would kick 10 shades of s**t out of the Richmond side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s so funny?
McCormack played over 190 games, including 6 Grand Finals. He represented Victoria 13 times. Twice Best & Fairest in very strong teams off a half back flank.
He could obviously play.

I have literally never heard of him.

What can you tell us about Ted Jarrard who is HB in North's team?

Ron, you're one of the best footy heads around this place. I doubt I would have to educate you about any past players.

k3wl

I don't know what part of "I didn't pick that team" that you lot fail to comprehend, but then again, I shouldn't be surprised..

The thread is "top 10 richmond players in the history of the sport ", not "the North Melbourne Team of the century".

However, I am happy to discuss the Richmond TOTC vs the North TOTC, as the North side would kick 10 shades of s**t out of the Richmond side.

You mean the Richmond side that has four official AFL Legends in it (Dyer, Bartlett, Stewart, Hart)? The Richmond side that has four players good enough to make the AFL Team of the Century (Dyer, Stewart, Hart, Bourke)? The Richmond side with 45 premierships between them? And a coach who took the Tigers to four flags? The team that has 17 premiership players in it?

Just for comparision - the Roos have only two legends (for their efforts at multiple clubs mind you, does Snake even count them?), one player in the TotC and 23 premierships between 14 players, and a coach who won two flags. If ten shades of s**t were being beaten out of one side I'm pretty certain it wouldnt be the Tigers.

Me neither, but I would look at his body of work at the club in question if I was going to include him in any top ten list.

Stewart tends to get in the Richmond lists based mostly on his preceding reputation as a non Richmond player.

Martin and Rance deserves spots ahead of him.

Good call. Diesel, Spalding and Clape were instrumental for the 95 flag, hence the raid. However Williams was a gun at Sydney with no flag, like Judd at Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back