International Rules - Australia v Ireland

Remove this Banner Ad

How do the Irish get the ball back off opponents in Gaelic football if they don't tackle? Stupid question probably but they just seem so unprepared for tackles.

They slap the ball out of the opponents hands. There is a little physicality in Gaelic, they just aren't used to being tackled to the ground.

It clearly has the support of the players, the best players in the comp play every year (minus ablett, but he doesn't put his boots on like everyone else. He picks and chooses his afl matches so no surprise there).

It use to have the support of the public, full sell out crowds but the afl have seriously mishandled this series.

After last night one things for sure. It Needs to be a best of 3 series so BASIL doesn't say literally every 2 mins "Australia are in front but if the game were to stop now by aggregate they Lose!!!"

How many times can he say it? Seriously in the 3rd qtr he said it about a dozen times alone.

Scrap the afl x and start a Gaelic series with a bets of 7 or something spread out every fortnight.

Another things for sure, Nat fyfe is the closest thing we have to a professional athlete in the AFL.

Easiest thing would be just to ban Basil.

The Fyfe forearm to the chest was so powerful the Irishman felt it in his face, because as he flopped to the floor that is where his hand went to protect the injury.

So that might be why the umpires didn't punish it.
:smiley: big aidan oshea can look after himself....he was just covering his face to prevent sunburn!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(minus ablett, but he doesn't put his boots on like everyone else. He picks and chooses his afl matches so no surprise there).

From what I saw the Irish gave as good as they got. Apart from a few cheap shots from Dangerfield and Selwood, but that's just Geelong.

Turn it up

Your bitterness is bare for all to see, what a sad sad person to bring up a vendetta towards a particular team in an international side.

Dangerfield complaining to the umpires in an international rules match behind the play while stinking it up on field and getting over-matched in the contest by the Irish made my day.

Just ahead of Selwood having no effect or recourse to free kicks.

My lowlight was having to give begrudging praise to Goddard.

Dangerfield complaining to the umpires in an international rules match behind the play while stinking it up on field and getting over-matched in the contest by the Irish made my day.

Just ahead of Selwood having no effect or recourse to free kicks.

My lowlight was having to give begrudging praise to Goddard.
Just a coincidence that you managed to find something to hate about two Geelong champs? :)

Let me guess, Scott only won because he had a team of champs, and the Irish would have won had Tuohy not been picked? Haha, it's incredible and ridiculously obvious.

Just a coincidence that you managed to find something to hate about two Geelong champs? :)

Let me guess, Scott only won because he had a team of champs, and the Irish would have won had Tuohy not been picked? Haha, it's incredible and ridiculously obvious.

Yep i love to hate Geelong. You got me.

Actually.. you really do get me.

I wish we played less talls, there aren't enough ruck contests to justify a ruckman. Contested marking deep forward is difficult, and they can punch the ball through for full score anyway.

The mark from kick out is the bottleneck of scoring in the game, if we dominate just that one area of the game we win. We can miss heaps of shots but if we almost always mark the ball from the kick out it will be one way traffic.

With three Nathan Fyfes we could zone off the middle of the field and win by 40 points a match.

Mobile high contested marking - wins the match.

I wish we played less talls, there aren't enough ruck contests to justify a ruckman. Contested marking deep forward is difficult, and they can punch the ball through for full score anyway.

The mark from kick out is the bottleneck of scoring in the game, if we dominate just that one area of the game we win. We can miss heaps of shots but if we almost always mark the ball from the kick out it will be one way traffic.

With three Nathan Fyfes we could zone off the middle of the field and win by 40 points a match.

Mobile high contested marking - wins the match.

If Petracca can get himself ready for the next series we might be able to have Danger Fyfe and Trac in the middle. That's brutal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back