Society/Culture Has it become impossible now to hit on someone for sex?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. The best thing that could have happened to Clinton, Weinstein or Trump was a women inflicting some defensive violence on them the first time they tried it. They'd think twice about doing it again if they had to spend some time recuperating injuries. Perhaps reattached testicles.
You don't get to be violent towards someone for unwanted sexual advances or sexual harassment. Not until they cross a line and touch you.

women find men who ask to kiss them completely lame and thus the notion of asking for consent is a catch 22.
The implication being that there are only two ways to kiss a woman - by formal verbal request or without any warning whatsoever.

Though, if you get the signals wrong you do have a couple of options. You can apologise, which is probably going to be effective unless you basically ambushed the girl and held her down. Or you don't apologise, but run off to figure out a way to get back at them for the rejection.

It's pretty ******* easy to work out. Even if you don't work it out, an apology and explanation that you don't have any experience with women will probably get you forgiveness out of pity.

Is that what you're worried about Snake_Baker ? That you won't be able to wangle some pity over your inexperience?

one thing leads to another
Yes - recognising that "one thing" and "another" is where agreement and mutual desire arises.

Did none of you go to a high school dance?

Though, if you get the signals wrong you do have a couple of options. You can apologise, which is probably going to be effective unless you basically ambushed the girl and held her down. Or you don't apologise, but run off to figure out a way to get back at them for the rejection.

It's pretty ******* easy to work out. Even if you don't work it out, an apology and explanation that you don't have any experience with women will probably get you forgiveness out of pity.

Why is an apology even required?

I note your odd need for "forgiveness", and the welcoming of "pity", as if you have committed some type of sin. Is this some type of religious baggage that you carry around?

Is that what you're worried about Snake_Baker ? That you won't be able to wangle some pity over your inexperience?

A simple declining of an offer, without melodramatics and histrionics, would suffice.

Why is an apology even required?

I note your odd need for "forgiveness", and the welcoming of "pity", as if you have committed some type of sin. Is this some type of religious baggage that you carry around?
No I was just trying to reassure you that you would get pity for your inexperience with women. Your OP{ indicates you're anxious about it but I can tell you it gets easier.

No I was just trying to reassure you that you would get pity for your inexperience with women.

Well, thank you. Your kind intentions are noted.

I don't think manipulating pity to get women on side is a particularly honorable or adult way to behave.

Your OP{ indicates you're anxious about it but I can tell you it gets easier.

I suspect that I have experienced female rejection as much as the next male. My OP was in relation to the hailstorm of hysteria that is currently doing the tabloid rounds in relation to male advances with females.

So if a bloke (someone, your word) comes up to you, and says " I'd like to #### you", you're ok with that??????

It's actually happened to me on two occasions.

Fortunately, I managed to escape emotionally and psychologically unscathed and I didn't require the use of a press agent to overcome my ordeal.

It's actually happened to me on two occasions.

Fortunately, I managed to escape emotionally and psychologically unscathed and I didn't require the use of a press agent to overcome my ordeal.
Not everyone has a void of feelings and emotions like you.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all these 'outings", have we entered a period where casual sexual relations now requires a contract ratified by lawyers?
It is certainly a possibility, with the definition of inappropriate conduct going as far as "unwanted sexual advances" in some circles. Not yet a legal definition, but a potential minefield if implemented in any way (for example, HR).

Often the "unwanted" is obvious. But the potential positive response is almost always an unknown until tested.

Well, thank you. Your kind intentions are noted.

I don't think manipulating pity to get women on side is a particularly honorable or adult way to behave.

I suspect that I have experienced female rejection as much as the next male. My OP was in relation to the hailstorm of hysteria that is currently doing the tabloid rounds in relation to male advances with females.

Come on.

Where is this hysteria about “advances”?

There is a lot of coverage of assaults and idiots getting their dicks out thinking they are too powerful to be called to account.

Advances. Jesus.

Take a look at the thread title and OP if you want a hysteria fix.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Come on.

Where is this hysteria about “advances”?

There is a lot of coverage of assaults and idiots getting their dicks out thinking they are too powerful to be called to account.

Advances. Jesus.

Take a look at the thread title and OP if you want a hysteria fix.

Yes, but matters are starting to get waaaaay out of hand.

The last time I pulled my utensil out in front of a group of (adult) females, the only response I elicited was laughter.

Nobody collapsed in shock or required therapy.

BTW, don't start with the "power politics" stuff either.

One of the most powerful mating triggers in women is males who are powerful and straight forward

200 women might have ****ed Harvey Weinstein, have no issues about it whatsoever, and don't view themselves as victims.

Gee men really are under siege.

Raised being told they are rapists and wife beaters. Can't tell a woman she is attractive unless she wants to hear it otherwise they are publicly shamed. She can change her mind about you the next morning and accuse you of rape, drag your whole life through the dirt and then when it's shown to be false she walks away. Then you might get her pregnant and have no say about whether you're going to be a father, or not, she can end your child's life or force you to be financial support for a child you may never get to see. Your choice is made when you sleep with her, her choice is made after that. You can marry her and if she gets bored she can leave with half your stuff, file an AVO against you so you can't see your children and blame it all on you.

I get it.

But a victim mentality doesn't help you move forward as a strong, attractive man.

I really don't see how much has changed at all, unless a woman's consent was never required pre 1970....Which I'm guessing it was.

Individuals chose mutually who they want to sleep with, & if others disrespect those boundaries, of one's own bodily possession, then they suffer the consequences.....What's there to guess at?.....Play a straight bat & you won't have any problems.

The result went much as was anticipated in an open pluralistic Democracy.

I see by your sig that NSW Crow has left a lasting impression upon you.
Ur clutching at straws if the Crow is ur role model

Seems they had you pegged right from the off.

The result went much as was anticipated in an open pluralistic Democracy.

I see by your sig that NSW Crow has left a lasting impression upon you.

Seems they had you pegged right from the off.
If the crow is ur role model, u really are scraping the bottom of the barrel......

Yes, but matters are starting to get waaaaay out of hand.

The last time I pulled my utensil out in front of a group of (adult) females, the only response I elicited was laughter.

Nobody collapsed in shock or required therapy.
Thats sexual assault......

The implication being that there are only two ways to kiss a woman - by formal verbal request or without any warning whatsoever.

in the past an apology after mis reading signals was fine. The problem is that may no longer be the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back