Society/Culture Has it become impossible now to hit on someone for sex?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, but matters are starting to get waaaaay out of hand.

The last time I pulled my utensil out in front of a group of (adult) females, the only response I elicited was laughter.

Nobody collapsed in shock or required therapy.

Ok.

Yep. The best thing that could have happened to Clinton, Weinstein or Trump was a women inflicting some defensive violence on them the first time they tried it. They'd think twice about doing it again if they had to spend some time recuperating injuries. Perhaps reattached testicles.
Yeah we should advocate violence as the best course of action.
:rolleyes:
I don't think you understand their modus operandi.

No. It's still pretty easy still to hit on girls provided you're not 5'6 or ugly.

If you're either of those two things though, I've got some bad news.
F**k. I'm both

I think you're all jumping at shadows

it is possible to ask someone out/ 'hit on them' without being a creepy jerk

maybe you should all learn the difference
Serious story I had a chick that wanted to hook up and we did the “dance”. She asked me out the following day and I said no.

This resulted in her saying to me with a straight face that the sex was like using her body and it was similar to a sexual assault.

All because I wouldn’t see her again/date.

Women are stupid and crazy...so I wouldn’t disregard the fear single guys have when it comes to causal hook ups.

Serious story I had a chick that wanted to hook up and we did the “dance”. She asked me out the following day and I said no.

This resulted in her saying to me with a straight face that the sex was like using her body and it was similar to a sexual assault.

Women are stupid and crazy...so I wouldn’t disregard the fear single guys have when it comes to causal hook ups.

You took the bait and cheated her out of landing a fish.

This is not an uncommon occurrence, and is bound to end up in a proliferation of false allegations under the present socio-political climate.

The current trend in sexual politics is way out of whack with anthropological facts.

Last edited:

*she was* stupid and crazy...so I wouldn’t disregard the fear single guys have when it comes to causal hook ups.

fixed for you.

The same thing would happen in reverse.
Good luck to the poor guy who complains that he feels he's been used because the girl had a few drinks last night and doesn't REALLY want to be seen in public with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD I've had plenty of one night stands and that has never happened -

There has been times i was disappointed that the woman didn't want to catch up again - there has been times where i disappointed the woman because i wasnt overly keen on another meeting - also had completely mutual 'that was fun but that's about it'

Granted there are some unhinged folks around but ive never had to deal with that-maybe something to do with being an adult that doesn't play stupid games when it comes to casual sex

FMD I've had plenty of one night stands and that has never happened -

There has been times i was disappointed that the woman didn't want to catch up again - there has been times where i disappointed the woman because i wasnt overly keen on another meeting - also had completely mutual 'that was fun but that's about it'

Granted there are some unhinged folks around but ive never had to deal with that-maybe something to do with being an adult that doesn't play stupid games when it comes to casual sex

I agree, but the shapers of gender politics have a massively exponentially large soap box, and there are plenty of scorned bitter people out there that will utilise this crap to exorcise their own hangups.

I think you're all jumping at shadows

it is possible to ask someone out/ 'hit on them' without being a creepy jerk

maybe you should all learn the difference

2 men could lean in for a kiss in the exact same way. One will get a willing recipient, the other is an unwanted sexual advance. If you are short or fat or ugly or poor or a combination it's more likely to be an unwanted sexual advance (goddamn creep!) than if you had the traits of tall or handsome or rich or a combination. Just to stress - I said more likely, its not an absolute.

A kiss that just happened because the moonlight was there when 2 people found that they gravitated to each others company at party, or whatever inspired the act of "putting yourself out there" is a magic moment. But that is at some threat until society can work out the whole consent and gender wars things. Until then, ignore the hankering you have for Martha at work on level 5 - no matter that she turns your knees to jelly and makes your heart skip a beat, pick up some unknown via online services where consent is clearer - but we'll all be the lesser without that magic in our lives.

2 men could lean in for a kiss in the exact same way. One will get a willing recipient, the other is an unwanted sexual advance. If you are short or fat or ugly or poor or a combination it's more likely to be an unwanted sexual advance (goddamn creep!) than if you had the traits of tall or handsome or rich or a combination. Just to stress - I said more likely, its not an absolute.

A kiss that just happened because the moonlight was there when 2 people found that they gravitated to each others company at party, or whatever inspired the act of "putting yourself out there" is a magic moment. But that is at some threat until society can work out the whole consent and gender wars things. Until then, ignore the hankering you have for Martha at work on level 5 - no matter that she turns your knees to jelly and makes your heart skip a beat, pick up some unknown via online services where consent is clearer - but we'll all be the lesser without that magic in our lives.
Ben Affleck is worth millions and is 6'4" and is still accused of sexual assault. SMH what is this world comming to

this is bullshit and you lot are playing some weird new victim card

please show me to some high profile case of sexual assault that was basically just a mistaken 'lean in to kiss' that wasn't reciprocated ...

Ben Affleck is worth millions and is 6'4" and is still accused of sexual assault. SMH what is this world comming to
I imagine his hit rate is still pretty high when he tries it on - there's the 'silent graveyard' of dozens of women who neither rebuffed him nor minded when he pulled his moves.

But a regular bloke without his status wouldn't even get near it.

Take Bill Clinton and what is on the public record: one rape accusation, a few sexual harassment allegations, a hookup with Lewinsky, and his long-term wife. Do you reckon that's the sum of all his sexual partners, or just the tip of the iceberg? Clinton's willing partners to victims ratio would be out of this world.

You took the bait and cheated her out of landing a fish.

This is not an uncommon occurrence, and is bound to end up in a proliferation of false allegations under the present socio-political climate.

The current trend in sexual politics is way out of whack with anthropological facts.

Someone really should invent an app where people can hook up with no strings attached and everyone's intentions are crystal clear. Wait...

this is bullshit and you lot are playing some weird new victim card

please show me to some high profile case of sexual assault that was basically just a mistaken 'lean in to kiss' that wasn't reciprocated ...

Plenty of kisses at workplaces have happened, some are reciprocated, some ignored - others result in job losses. A complaint can see you ejected from a pub/club/party etc. There is going to be a heightened sensitivity for a while - and it will probably be a permanent paradigm shift, so woe to the man ejected by bouncers for an innocent kiss, it will be a rough ride to the pavement.

My point is that It's not the action (unless you try to cop a feel when you go to kiss), it is that it is entirely subjective and up to the recipient - contrary to your statement "it is possible to ask someone out/ 'hit on them' without being a creepy jerk". Unless you are a Dr Chris Brown type who will have the odds on his side, don't hit on people in public, just pick up via the internet - particularly if you are a short/bald/fat/unemployed man and not a tall/handsome/well off tv vet.

Some people have hinted already but sex is an activity where males dominate the females physically and our usual inbuilt urges means this gives enjoyment to both.

But in a modern society this has be seperate from other aspects of relationship, the ‘respect me tomorrow’ thing.

Teens and twenty somethings have urges more than other age groups and it’s the time they’re most confused, and have to learn this through experience, it’s not a clear concept which can be grasped without practical activity

Some never grasp the concept, some do but become manipulators who can spot targets a mile off. This is here the rules are needed. Butt society he’s trouble differentiating this from ‘more acceptable’ behaviour and there are misunderstandings. Social media magnifies this

You’d like to say we’ll get there but new generations come into the activity all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back