List Mgmt. 2017 draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If constable is available at 17 I'd take him, then I'd be happy to go Brander or Balta at 20. Either.

I agree.

Take a classy mid if they're there.

Obrien or Constable. Grab a tall with 20 or 25. Allen would be the exception to this for mine.

Pick 17: Brander
Pick 20: Balta
Pick 25: Ballard
Pick 31: Naish
Pick 58: Miller

Rookie Draft

Pick 18: Kyron Hayden
Pick 36: Smith
Pick 54: Irish Cat B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is a bid on Naish at 31 then picks 53 and 55 are used with a surplus of 34 points (pick 71)
The recruiters are conscious of the squeeze on spots next year and It is unlikely a late pick in a weak draft when spots on the senior list are at a premium.

True but i am fearful of getting another Elton/McBean.

Me too. Hopefully the club have learned from their mistakes. We have to be confident we have the right development in place I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the McGovern's, Rory Lobb, Tom McDonald? Our team could definitely use players like those.

Ben Brown is the only decent key forward in the AFL to not come from the first round. Defenders can be found anywhere. The best forwards are found in the first round, and stats suggest they are found very early.

He said KPF. All players you mentioned play their best football elsewhere

McGovern is a backman, so is McDonald. Lobb is the exception alongside Brown in terms of finding good KPFs outside the first round.

Ben Brown is the only decent key forward in the AFL to not come from the first round. Defenders can be found anywhere. The best forwards are found in the first round, and stats suggest they are found very early.

I know what he said. They are all very good players who are more than capable forwards. Did you not see McDonald play forward while Hogan was out? What about both McGovern's ability to take strong grabs? You don't think we could use Lobb in our team?

I would have though after seeing the way we won the flag fans would understand that every player doesn't have to be a superstar.

Best available is what I go by. You guys are arguing we shouldn't try drafting a KPF because they might not be the next Jeremy Cameron and we don't have a top 10 pick.

Who needs a players like these eh?:drunk:

I know what he said. They are all very good players who are more than capable forwards. Did you not see McDonald play forward while Hogan was out? What about both McGovern's ability to take strong grabs? You don't think we could use Lobb in our team?

I would have though after seeing the way we won the flag fans would understand that every player doesn't have to be a superstar.

Best available is what I go by. You guys are arguing we shouldn't try drafting a KPF because they might not be the next Jeremy Cameron and we don't have a top 10 pick.
I see McGovern and McDonald as pinch hitters who can't be trusted to hold the line week in week out. If they did, teams would pay mucu more attention to their forward craft, put better defenders on them and they'd lose the element of surprise.

Now is it okay to draft a forward around the teens 20s? Sure but any later than say 30 and you're wasting your time.

I agree that if Richmond waits until Cameron comes along they're going to be waiting a long time. But settling for mediocrity late isn't the answer. Trust me, if there's a gun forward still on the board by say pick 50, there's a reason why. Better to stick to midfielders and defenders who can be found late.

So stats say you only draft KPF early if you want a really good one.

Stats also said you can't win a premiership with only 1 KPF and no second ruck.

If we use 17 on Naish i will spew up. A skinny long term flanker isn't high on the wish list right now.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

If we use 17 on Naish i will spew up. A skinny long term flanker isn't high on the wish list right now.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk
Agree. Especially it means missing out on say an Allen, Brander, Balta. We need to take the romance out of it with Naish. If it's 25 or using the 50's yes. But 17 and 20 should be used on one or two talls or a slider

Remove this Banner Ad

Back