Universal Love Collingwood TV Pre-Season Weekly TV Show "The Grind"

Remove this Banner Ad

Really like that video. 2 things that stood out to me was:

Kevin White looks really enthusiastic about his new role. I just thought the players looked really engaged when he was talking. Think he him in charge is a positive going forward.

Matthew Boyd’s development role is going to be really important. He was a class player and he just knows the game so well. Those little kicking drills with JDG can go a long way. Hopefully Adams a few others will be doing the same thing.

He referred to the coach as formerly overbearing only three days ago. I suspect it was a spot on assessment, but that made me cringe.

Not good PR and Bucks probably didn't enjoy it, but it still bodes well for his career in journalism that he was forthright.

Excellent concept but not convinced of the branding: 'The Grind - New Beginnings'

Sounds like a stripper who has just moved from Miami to Las Vegas

Hey Walter strippers have feelings too you know? :mad:

Just watched the video, and I have two words:

Nick Maxwell

So glad he’s back at the club. Probably a year or two ahead of the plan, but desperate times etc etc.

Don’t care if he has a made up position, we just need some of his leadership, integrity and work ethic to rub off on our lads.

Just watched the video, and I have two words:

Nick Maxwell

So glad he’s back at the club. Probably a year or two ahead of the plan, but desperate times etc etc.

Don’t care if he has a made up position, we just need some of his leadership, integrity and work ethic to rub off on our lads.
Yeah I know. Bucks, Tarks et al definitely didn’t have those traits...

Nick Maxwell
Agree.
He's an impressive man.
I spoke with him once and he maintains constant eye contact.
May not sound like much, but it's impressive in itself - let alone everything else he brings to the table.

and That is what we been missing Badly since he Left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

name me 1 successful journalist who is honest

FAKE NEWS! ;)

Being honest and being forthright aren't exactly the same. Close enough I guess.

There are plenty of honest journalists but I'm not going to be painted into a corner of defending someone else's profession! Bugger that, they can defend themselves! The are many rubbish journos, no doubt, but that's a different story.

An ability to be outspoken and direct is very much a virtue for a certain type of journalist.

Last edited:
Really like that video. 2 things that stood out to me was:

Kevin White looks really enthusiastic about his new role. I just thought the players looked really engaged when he was talking. Think he him in charge is a positive going forward.

Matthew Boyd’s development role is going to be really important. He was a class player and he just knows the game so well. Those little kicking drills with JDG can go a long way. Hopefully Adams a few others will be doing the same thing.

Excellent show, very happy with the inclusions off field this end of season.
Agree on having Maxy back too even though his title is a bit odd, I love the inclusion of Boyd and Whiskas as they clearly bring a different dynamic and hopefully add a bit to the mix.

I hope that it has finally clicked with Bucks that he can’t do it all and embraces the people around him, some/most might say he should be gone by now but I think we will see the best of him now and the team is building - so it all comes down to hard work and the players wanting it too.

Bring on 2018

Thanks for the link too TD!

Excellent concept but not convinced of the branding: 'The Grind - New Beginnings'

Sounds like a stripper who has just moved from Miami to Las Vegas
Not that there’s anything wrong with that...

Seems like a good propaganda vehicle to sell hope to the masses.

Agree.
He's an impressive man.
I spoke with him once and he maintains constant eye contact.
May not sound like much, but it's impressive in itself - let alone everything else he brings to the table.

What about when he's eating a banana?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back