Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven’t they overplayed that card? The only reason Tex took a “pay cut”, from his cap payment, is due to a guaranteed high cut of their additional services (or whatever it is called) money. That area is absolutely dominated by Tex, with Sloane getting a much smaller %.
I thought I read somewhere that part of Tex's salary was earmarked to pay for his English lessons.....

Everyone remember the Pittard thread? That was a hoot.

Sent from mTalk
407817_5e4e1191e11b527af2abbbb0687e74f7.png

Direct correlation to the quality of posting on this forum???

lol - West Coast still getting priority draft picks in 1992 (Banfield) when they were premiers that year and runners-up in 1991.

While you're not correct in the exact instance as REH tome'd you, you're right insomuch as West Coast did have the luxury of picking a whole host of stars and quality first-teamers as zone and pre-draft selections well after they were formed.

Glen Jakovich, Peter Sumich, Don Pyke, Craig Turley, Jason Ball, Dean Kemp, Ryan Turnbull, Peter Mann, Scott Watters.

Meanwhile, we got pinged for draft tampering for paying a couple of second-generation Port kids to stay at Alberton for an extra 12 months, and paid through the nose to get Wanganeen, Bond, Lyle and Hodges back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris McDimwitt reckons that Nick Riewoldt was a bust as a #1 draft pick because he never played in a premiership.

"THE No. 1 draft pick: Sounds good but truth is, it isn’t all its cracked up to be. But is it overrated or are recruiters just getting it wrong?

In the 33 drafts since 1981 (there were no drafts in ’83, ’84 and ’85) only three No. 1 selections have gone on to become premiership players. Three out of 33. Not great. ... Nick Riewoldt went at No. 1 the year before and the bar had been raised for the best youngsters in the country. ..."
o_O

336 AFL games
718 AFL goals
St Kilda club record 220 games as captain.
6 times St Kilda best and fairest
9 times top 3 in St Kilda's best and fairest
5 times All Australian

So in a team sport Bones thinks that an individual is a bust if they don't play in a team good enough to win a premiership. I wonder if Bones applies those same criteria to his own AFL career?

The other thing too, is it doesn't take into account the multiple facets of player acquisition over and above a naked draft.

• Trade/Free Agency
• Startup Concessions (Tredrea, Lade & Wilson could've well gone #1/#2/#3 in a parallel 1996)
• NSW Scholarship (Walker)
• Father/Son (Ablett, Hawkins, Scarlett, Richo, Cousins).
• Zone Selection (Voss, Neitz, Ricciuto, G. Jakovich, Buckley, et al.)
• Brown Paper Bags (Carey, Longmire).

What a bozo.

No here’s the real problem.
View attachment 439347

Guarantee you that he slots one in the silver BiB.

In all seriousness, this s**t kills us.

For an attacking halfback his complete inability to produce a final ball is diabolical. For all the criticism of Hartlett, the dude has always known how to kick a goal from space.

For an attacking halfback his complete inability to produce a final ball is diabolical. For all the criticism of Hartlett, the dude has always known how to kick a goal from space.

I’m sure if I had 12 running shots at goal from 50 out I’d dribble at least one of them through. He either needs to fix it or admit his limitations here and not ask for it. I’m not sure why he seems to be the designated guy for this anyway when Hartlett, Broadbent and hell even Houston are all way more capable at it.

I’m sure if I had 12 running shots at goal from 50 out I’d dribble at least one of them through. He either needs to fix it or admit his limitations here and not ask for it. I’m not sure why he seems to be the designated guy for this anyway when Hartlett, Broadbent and hell even Houston are all way more capable at it.
Probably because he has a licence from Ken to try it. Its a pretty standard response from just about all professional coaches across many sports that they say they don't mind players making a mistake if they are trying to take the game on.

Part of Pittard's problem is his kicking, part of it is he calls for it in the wrong situation, and part of it is some ratshit handballs from his team mates so that its not a nice easy transition from continuing his run and then a smooth transition from catching the handball to guiding the ball properly onto his boot.

Probably because he has a licence from Ken to try it. Its a pretty standard response from just about all professional coaches across many sports that they say they don't mind players making a mistake if they are trying to take the game on.

Part of Pittard's problem is his kicking, part of it is he calls for it in the wrong situation, and part of it is some ratshit handballs from his team mates so that its not a nice easy transition from continuing his run and then a smooth transition from catching the handball to guiding the ball properly onto his boot.

All of those issues suggest to me that we’re not practising the scenario very much/at all, hence all the bugs, which means we’re just relying on talent/instinct to get the job done. If that’s the case then maybe Ken’s given this license to the wrong guy.

How i long for the days of Dew scouting the back of a player just outside of 50 and putting it half post high through the middle

I cringe hard when Jasper does it as he is guaranteed to spray it. I wish our player with the ball would wisen up to it and tell him to * off when he calls for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back