Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody watched the Palace game?

I did, played off the park by the team that’s been worst in the league all season. Watford also outplayed us, somehow have 4pts gained from the last 2 matches. Fearing the derby in a few weeks as it will be a 90 minute onslaught as we tend to sit back & not press. Second half different last night & I’m sure Unsy made a point of it, but we still allowed too many chances.

Brades, you are looking correct in your assessment about Siggurdsson not creating anything away from set pieces. We have so many central midfielders, but none of them have the creative ability to pick a pass like David Silva does. For what we spent on Klassen and Siggy, I was expecting somebody who could boss the midfield, not play 5 yard passes backwards and sideways.

Niasse dived for the penalty, but is showing Koeman to be a fool for not even giving him a locker.

Brades, you are looking correct in your assessment about Siggurdsson not creating anything away from set pieces. We have so many central midfielders, but none of them have the creative ability to pick a pass like David Silva does. For what we spent on Klassen and Siggy, I was expecting somebody who could boss the midfield, not play 5 yard passes backwards and sideways.

Niasse dived for the penalty, but is showing Koeman to be a fool for not even giving him a locker.
I didn't want to be correct either. Yes he got an open play assist but I think Ashley Williams could have picked out that pass.

Nobody watched the Palace game?
Had a 21st Saturday night and was way to drunk to know what was going on. :tearsofjoy:

Watched the replay yesterday, A far from convincing performance. We just cannot keep a clean sheet to save ourselves. Jonjoe Kenny still has a lot to do to fufill his potential but has been a real positive since Unsy took over. Keane's performance have begun to worry me but I'm confident once he gets better players around him with a new manager his confidence will get better and so should his performances. I don't know what's gone wrong with Schneiderlin but he was almost unnoticeable before he got subbed off.

* I love Niasse though, what a story and a lad. I don't know if he'll be able to keep scoring or performing like he has but he's been playing some ripper football and is great to watch.

To go away from the game did anyone see Marco Silva's interview? Wouldn't rule out leaving Watford but admitted he can't control what happens. First time I've started to think this could happen. It'll still be very difficult to get Watford to allow him to leave.

Had a 21st Saturday night and was way to drunk to know what was going on. :tearsofjoy:

Watched the replay yesterday, A far from convincing performance. We just cannot keep a clean sheet to save ourselves. Jonjoe Kenny still has a lot to do to fufill his potential but has been a real positive since Unsy took over. Keane's performance have begun to worry me but I'm confident once he gets better players around him with a new manager his confidence will get better and so should his performances. I don't know what's gone wrong with Schneiderlin but he was almost unnoticeable before he got subbed off.

**** I love Niasse though, what a story and a lad. I don't know if he'll be able to keep scoring or performing like he has but he's been playing some ripper football and is great to watch.

To go away from the game did anyone see Marco Silva's interview? Wouldn't rule out leaving Watford but admitted he can't control what happens. First time I've started to think this could happen. It'll still be very difficult to get Watford to allow him to leave.
I thought Watford flat out rejected any move?

I thought Watford flat out rejected any move?
SkySports along with some other news outlets are/have reported that Watford won't accept any offer but the club haven't publicaly stated anything.

If Silva goes to their board and requests to leave, it's hard to see Watford wanting to have a manger at their club who doesn't want to be their manager. A potential rift could seriously disrupt the playing squad and their great start to the season. Especially if we're potentially offering upwards of £15m, he's only got 18 months remaining on his contract too.

I get Silva is highly rated and all, but we have a habit of paying managers too much money. It would cost a decent transfer fee just to land him & he will get offered good money, not really comfortable with that when he could just leave us as quickly as he did Hull & possibly Watford

I get Silva is highly rated and all, but we have a habit of paying managers too much money. It would cost a decent transfer fee just to land him & he will get offered good money, not really comfortable with that when he could just leave us as quickly as he did Hull & possibly Watford
The manager is arguably the most important person at the club so I've got absolutely no issues at all throwing the money around.

If we're going to spend over £40m on a player, £15m is nothing to spend on a manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is contact though, Dann doesn’t try to go for the ball either. We’ve got a good chance but not gonna be surprised if we are made a football scapegoat yet again

He well over exaggerated but there was some contact there, if that's the standard they're going to set then I'm okay with it if they're consistent but they'll be dishing out a damn lot of suspensions.

If that exact moment happened in the middle of the pitch, it wouldn't even be talked about.

There is contact though, Dann doesn’t try to go for the ball either. We’ve got a good chance but not gonna be surprised if we are made a football scapegoat yet again
Actually looking at it on the PC and not my shitty phone, it does look like there is contact.

He well over exaggerated but there was some contact there, if that's the standard they're going to set then I'm okay with it if they're consistent but they'll be dishing out a damn lot of suspensions.

If that exact moment happened in the middle of the pitch, it wouldn't even be talked about.

It was a dive IMO, but what about Dele Alli? Do you only get banned if you do it in the penalty area? How much contact before it isn’t regarded a dive? Very big can of worms here.

It was a dive IMO, but what about Dele Alli? Do you only get banned if you do it in the penalty area? How much contact before it isn’t regarded a dive? Very big can of worms here.

Apparently can only get banned if it results in a penalty or a player being sent off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back