Certified Legendary Thread WE ******* DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Best Player in the Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only did we win the whole thing, we tore apart every side we played and our captain lead us all the way. I do, in fact, love the club. You made me cry :D

557552-tlsnewslandscape.jpg
When they walk down the race I love it when Cotch turns to Graham and says "you ready?" just as they're about to walk into the main room! The roar when they walk in is amazing!

LOL Skimons

“He’s just a powerful, powerful kid; I used to do one-on-ones with him as a 16-year-old and he would just push me off the ball.
“I’ve never seen a kid run into a pack of six or seven men and come out backwards with the ball . . . it’s not as though he was running through the pack, he would run in like a bull, grab the footy and run out backwards.
“There’s no doubt he’s the best kid I’ve seen play at that age; he’s just a phenomenal talent.”

You read the comments from Jamie Elliott who was Castlemaine’s coach and think how did the Dees get this so horribly wrong although they probably saw the private schoolboys being better picks than the kid who didn't finish school.
What a disaster of a draft for Melbourne.
Not only did they blow picks 1 and 2 they also stuffed up 11 and 18.

“Dustin Martin in his own words pre-draft

What type of player are you?
A centre, who is a good clearance player. Can run and carry, can play both ends and set up attacks.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
Joel Selwood. Good around contests, good skill level and decision-making.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Strength, skills, ability to read the play and decision-making.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
Fitness.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
St Kilda. I’ve known Rod Keogh from when I was young.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
Myself. Because I want the best out of myself.”

That last response. Classic Dusty, just an honest no BS answer.

“He’s just a powerful, powerful kid; I used to do one-on-ones with him as a 16-year-old and he would just push me off the ball.
“I’ve never seen a kid run into a pack of six or seven men and come out backwards with the ball . . . it’s not as though he was running through the pack, he would run in like a bull, grab the footy and run out backwards.
“There’s no doubt he’s the best kid I’ve seen play at that age; he’s just a phenomenal talent.”

You read the comments from Jamie Elliott who was Castlemaine’s coach and think how did the Dees get this so horribly wrong although they probably saw the private schoolboys being better picks than the kid who didn't finish school.

Melbourne didn't even talk to him IIRC?

They not only tanked on field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have legitimately got Martin & Scully at 1 & 2, then Talia at 11 and Fyfe at 18.

Lulz.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-20/suns-free-agent-set-to-do-a-dusty
"He's fiercely loyal, but watching Dion Prestia leave, play in front of huge crowds and win a flag must have made Lynch just a tiny bit jealous".

It would be a complete disaster for GC if he left. Can’t blame him. We probably can’t offer the best deal he’ll attract but hopefully a good enough one and that he gets to play with his mates Prestia and Caddy in front of the best supporters in the country

It would be a complete disaster for GC if he left. Can’t blame him. We probably can’t offer the best deal he’ll attract but hopefully a good enough one and that he gets to play with his mates Prestia and Caddy in front of the best supporters in the country
He's a restricted free agent, not unrestricted. So if GC is willing to match the best offer to keep him, it doesn't matter if we made it or not.

Thats the big difference between a traditional club like ours.Richo could have left for success on a number of occasions.But Loyalty won out because of his standing within the club via his Dad and the attachment he had with us supporters.Lynch maybe just as loyal of a bloke as Richo but the attachment to the club and its supporters is nowhere near the level Richo had.
PS:Hoping that loyalty extends to his mates more than $$$$,s.:D

He's a restricted free agent, not unrestricted. So if GC is willing to match the best offer to keep him, it doesn't matter if we made it or not.
No club has ever matched an offer and they never will, threats have been made but never carried out which is just a tough man stance to get a better compo pick.

No club has ever matched an offer and they never will, threats have been made but never carried out which is just a tough man stance to get a better compo pick.
It will eventually happen and the type of player it will happen with will be a marquee player, on a team that absolutely can't afford to lose him for a single first round pick, where they aren't hamstrung by a lack of cap space.

Back