Many Geelong fans posting here-You are spoiled rotten and ungrateful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To not acknowledge that Collingwood took the foot off the gas is disingenuous.
62 down at HT. 61 down at 3QT. Lose by 41.

The margin may be shorter but that would be top 3 worst games I've attended since the turn of the century. Next to the 2006 capitulation to West Coast at Home as well as the 110 point belting to Collingwood 3 weeks earlier. Seriously bad final and way worse than the 86pt drubbing to the Pies in 08. That felt more like an anomaly.

But it's also disingenuous to pretend the margin was different to what it actually was.

That game was absolutely as one sided a finals belting as I've seen since the 1994 and 1995 Grand Finals (the most soul destroying was probably the latter). But the game isn't played over three quarters, and although it didn't make it more palatable, the final margin was 41 points. No one gets to double it just to suit their argument.

Back to current reality. We have lost by bigger margins twice this recent finals series within the space of a fortnight. I can't remember the last time that happened if ever. Pretending that isn't a big problem is just as disingenuous as anything else. And the worst part is regardless of home and away form, we're not going to find out whether that has been solved until next September.

But it's also disingenuous to pretend the margin was different to what it actually was.

That game was absolutely as one sided a finals belting as I've seen since the 1994 and 1995 Grand Finals (the most soul destroying was probably the latter). But the game isn't played over three quarters, and although it didn't make it more palatable, the final margin was 41 points. No one gets to double it just to suit their argument.

Back to current reality. We have lost by bigger margins twice this recent finals series within the space of a fortnight. I can't remember the last time that happened if ever. Pretending that isn't a big problem is just as disingenuous as anything else. And the worst part is regardless of home and away form, we're not going to find out whether that has been solved until next September.

Not sure I pretended. Fully acknowledged the margin was much lower by the end, just offered a different view to the simplistic analysis that our finals losses were worse this year because the margins were higher. I don’t think they were.

Last years PF was way worse than any final we played this year imo and that’s not even bothering with the margins. Just the manner we played.

Similarly that 2010 PF rates as one of the worst games I’ve been to, this years QF doesn’t even go close. It was actually tight until Guthrie went off.

I agree with him about the Collingwood game, but the strange thing is I was having an argument with a couple of people about how watching the game is more important than stats.
They were trying to say Hendo was ok in the PF cause of stats .
In this case we've lost 2 prelims in 2 years in the first 15-20 mins of the game.
Doesn't matter if we were worse in Coll game it's still not good.

If people don't want to rate Chris Scott's 2011 flag, then I don't rate Bomber Thompson as a premiership coach then.

2007- Anyone could have coached Geelong that day, they won by so much. Bomber didn't have to lift a finger to get Geelong to thrash a hapless Port, who were lucky to even be in a GF.

How about 2008, where his coaching COST us the flag? He put Stokes as a tagger on Hodge, and didn't play Wojo, because he guaranteed Travis Varcoe (who hadn't had a good season) a game for playing one good game that year in the PF.

2009- We won that on one play- the Scarlett toepoke, and the chain of play which lead to the Chapman goal that won us the flag. I doubt that this was a set-play, and more that the players took the opportunities that were presented to them, and made the most of them.

Also, Geelong's turnaround was mainly based on changing their attitude and the leaders of the team drawing a line in the sand after the Round 5 North Melbourne game.

Bomber cost us 2010 by having a year-long fight with our star player, and then plotting his exit strategy to join Essendon (while coaching us).

Bomber also seems like a s**t human being, who left his wife for another woman, lied to Frank Costa, alienated Gary Ablett. He is a liar, a hypocrite and then went to Essendon and stood back while players were injected and did nothing.

He took eight years to win a flag. So he bloody should, if you are coach for eight years.

Chris Scott took a tired group, replenished them, without our star player, and when we were behind in the GF, and down a major player, he moved Jimmy Bartel to CHF, and it proved a match-winning move. He has also kept us in finals for most of this decade, despite compromised drafts and academies.

I hope Chris Scott proves you doubters wrong. But I am interested to see what excuse you will use next time if he wins us another flag, to dismiss his efforts, since you will never admit that he is a good coach, despite evidence to the contrary.

Me saying that Bomber isn't a good coach is no more stupid than you saying that Scott isn't one as well.

Its December... it the time for giving... :christmastree::christmastree::christmastree::gift::gift::gift:

Im in a giving mood...

Im gonna give the board a spell on this for the time being...
Much circle work and spot fires but nothing really new..

Im sure, like all Xmas pressies, it will get opened up at some point.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back