Patrick Dangerfield or Dustin Martin - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Selwood was on one leg and they had Guthrie out at the G your home ground.
And in the end Richmond blew them away Richmond were clearly a better side than Geelong this year better % and didn't spend the finals getting flogged and anyway if you are gonna talk injuries during the H&A game against Geelong Richmond lost Josh Caddy during the first quarter

Geelong never beat Richmond without Danger and Richmond flogged Geelong even with those players in the team during the finals
Duncan, not Danger.
Matters not, finals ARE at the G

Interesting stat every time Richmond has beaten Geelong in a final Richmond ether won or played in the grand final that year
Was told that after they beat us in final 1.
Had already backed Tiges (flag) before that, but that convinced me .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy franklin is the best player in the comp. In 20-30 years he'll be mentioned when discussing best ever along with Matthews, Carey, Ablett Snr. Etc

Dusty was dominating towards the end of the season when Richmond went on there premiership winning form. I think he will fall back to the pack of elite players this year like the Bont did when the bulldogs slowed down. They play similar roles accross half forward and benefit greatly from there teams firing.

I would like to see him match Dangers consistancy before I concede him the better player. He is thereabouts though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dusty was dominating pretty much all year. And last year when things were falling apart around him. I see your point about wanting to see a few more seasons, but he’s far less likely to fall back than you are suggesting.

I’m not discounting the seasons the other two had but Fyfes absolute best footy is a touch above Danger/Martin imo
And if going on ABSOLUTE best, GAJ is better than them all.

Buddy franklin is the best player in the comp. In 20-30 years he'll be mentioned when discussing best ever along with Matthews, Carey, Ablett Snr. Etc
Buddy is the second best player in the comp over his career (GAJ is the best), but if you look at individual seasons, he has probably only had 1 (2008) where he has had the best year of anyone in the comp.

Dusty won't repeat his 2017 year, it will be a hell of a long time before anyone has a year with the same accolades.
MVP
Brownlow
Norm Smith
Premiership
B&F
AA
Virtually every media award

It's no shame if he "regresses" from that.
He'll still very likely be AA, top 5 in the brownlow, top 3 b&F and top 5 in the MVP. He may even win one of those titles again.

Dusty’s disposal puts him above Dangerfield. But I reckon Fyfe at his best is better than both. He’s the one non-Richmond player in the league I don’t have a problem with at all.

Dangers overhead marking and pace puts him ahead of Martin.

Dusty's disposal is elite though, and that's the knock on both Danger and Fyfe. Fyfe and Danger are better overhead, but what's more important for a midfielder?

A midfielder that can take a contested mark is a huge asset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back