Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Brown

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
"She said the 2015 National Community Attitudes towards Violence Against Women Survey showed younger people had higher levels of "attitudinal support" for violence against women than older age groups. "
I wonder whether that attitude support correlates with free testosterone.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
While I agree with you that most men do respect the women in their lives, there is still major issues in this area. Pretending there isn't does not help anyone.

The ad in question was created on the back of a survey conducted around 2015. The following article highlights some points from the survey:
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...tackle-domestic-violence-20160419-goahnf.html

"She said the 2015 National Community Attitudes towards Violence Against Women Survey showed younger people had higher levels of "attitudinal support" for violence against women than older age groups. "

Domestic violence is something that males and females are both perpetrators of, and both victims of. Of course, women perpetrate domestic violence against men far more often than vice versa. However, there's far more money and political leverage to be gained from the "Male = Perpetrator, Female = Victim" narrative that pervades the mainstream media.

Domestic violence is something that males and females are both perpetrators of, and both victims of. Of course, women perpetrate domestic violence against men far more often than vice versa. However, there's far more money and political leverage to be gained from the "Male = Perpetrator, Female = Victim" narrative that pervades the mainstream media.

yes, of course. Every statistic shows this. The Australian government is swimming in money and likes to waste money on funding crisis centres, hotlines and education because of the big conspiracy against men. They somehow make money out of setting up these empty centres, and make money out of funding resources for these initiatives, that are never used. These women centres and services lie dormant for years. Makes total sense!

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Wut?

I'm a critic of the domestic violence narrative, but there is nothing credible out there that I've seen suggesting that women initiate IPV more than men, even when extending the definition to include abuse of children.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
yes, of course. Every statistic shows this. The Australian government is swimming in money and likes to waste money on funding crisis centres, hotlines and education because of the big conspiracy against men. They somehow make money out of setting up these empty centres, and make money out of funding resources for these initiatives, that are never used. These women centres and services lie dormant for years. Makes total sense!

They didnt seem to have any problem spending millions on a plebiscite, so they cant be struggling that much.. ;)

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Wut?

I'm a critic of the domestic violence narrative, but there is nothing credible out there that I've seen suggesting that women initiate IPV more than men, even when extending the definition to include abuse of children.

What's amazing is that if you do a google search, you will find ample evidence to suggest that women are more abusive and violent towards male partners than vice versa. This is supported by innumerable studies on intimate partner violence, spanning more than 3 decades.

You see, if you dare to stray outside the feminist paradigm of media-driven propaganda and "statistics" promulgated by feminist government agencies, you'll stumble upon the truth:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s/news-story/2749c4517a57c33aca8bc2da9a40e2f9

"She made reference to the world’s largest research database on intimate partner violence, the Partner Abuse State of Knowledge project, which summarises more than 1700 scientific papers on the topic.

She concluded that her government’s report was based on misinformation about family violence and that, contrary to the report’s one-sided view of men as the only perpetrators, many children were experiencing a very different reality: “We must recognise the fact that domestic violence, in at least half of its occurrence, is carried out by female perpetrators.”

http://www.aeesq.com/2017/03/23/women-initiate-domestic-violence/

“Analyzing data gathered from 11,370 respondents, researchers found that “half of [violent relationships] were reciprocally violent. In non-reciprocally violent relationships, women were the perpetrators in more that 70% of the cases.”

Sophie Goodchild reported in a 2000 Guardian piece on a study showing that women were actually more likely to initiate violence in relationships...

The study … is based on an analysis of 34,000 men and women by a British academic. Women lash out more frequently than their husbands or boyfriends, concludes John Archer, professor of psychology at the University of Central Lancashire and president of the International Society for Research on Aggression."

As in many studies of IPV [i.e., Intimate Partner Violence], the OYS found that much IPV is bidirectional (meaning both are violent), and in unidirectional abusive relationships, the women were more likely to be abusive than the men.” See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glenn-sacks/researcher-says-womens-in_b_222746.html, which reports on the 2009 research report of Dr. Deborah Capaldi, Ph.D., who is based in Oregon, entitled “From Ideology to Inclusion 2009: New Directions in Domestic Violence Research and Intervention,”

So there you have it - just a snapshot of what I was able to find from a lazy google search, and copypasting from a couple of the first links that came up. Yes, women are more violent towards their male partners than vice versa. It's old news. It's been studied and known about for decades. It's an inconvenient truth that feminists like to sidestep or sweep under the carpet because it's at odds with their agenda.

The most puzzling thing of all though, is that you even need statistics to prove this to you. How this is not self-evident to you, is beyond me. Have you never been in a serious relationship with a woman?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
What's amazing is that if you do a google search, you will find ample evidence to suggest that women are more abusive and violent towards male partners than vice versa. This is supported by innumerable studies on intimate partner violence, spanning more than 3 decades.

You see, if you dare to stray outside the feminist paradigm of media-driven propaganda and "statistics" promulgated by feminist government agencies, you'll stumble upon the truth:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s/news-story/2749c4517a57c33aca8bc2da9a40e2f9

"She made reference to the world’s largest research database on intimate partner violence, the Partner Abuse State of Knowledge project, which summarises more than 1700 scientific papers on the topic.

She concluded that her government’s report was based on misinformation about family violence and that, contrary to the report’s one-sided view of men as the only perpetrators, many children were experiencing a very different reality: “We must recognise the fact that domestic violence, in at least half of its occurrence, is carried out by female perpetrators.”

“Analyzing data gathered from 11,370 respondents, researchers found that “half of [violent relationships] were reciprocally violent. In non-reciprocally violent relationships, women were the perpetrators in more that 70% of the cases.”

Sophie Goodchild reported in a 2000 Guardian piece on a study showing that women were actually more likely to initiate violence in relationships...

The study … is based on an analysis of 34,000 men and women by a British academic. Women lash out more frequently than their husbands or boyfriends, concludes John Archer, professor of psychology at the University of Central Lancashire and president of the International Society for Research on Aggression."

As in many studies of IPV [i.e., Intimate Partner Violence], the OYS found that much IPV is bidirectional (meaning both are violent), and in unidirectional abusive relationships, the women were more likely to be abusive than the men.” See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glenn-sacks/researcher-says-womens-in_b_222746.html, which reports on the 2009 research report of Dr. Deborah Capaldi, Ph.D., who is based in Oregon, entitled “From Ideology to Inclusion 2009: New Directions in Domestic Violence Research and Intervention,”

So there you have it - just a snapshot of what I was able to find from a lazy google search, and copypasting from a couple of the first links that came up. Yes, women are more violent towards their male partners than vice versa. It's old news. It's been studied and known about for decades. It's an inconvenient truth that feminists like to sidestep or sweep under the carpet because it's at odds with their agenda.

The most puzzling thing of all though, is that you even need statistics to prove this to you. How this is not self-evident to you, is beyond me. Have you never been in a serious relationship with a woman?

Feminists dont like facts Woota, as it ruins their arguments that are based on feelings only. ;)

JCHolmes

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
While I agree with you that most men do respect the women in their lives, there is still major issues in this area. Pretending there isn't does not help anyone.

The ad in question was created on the back of a survey conducted around 2015. The following article highlights some points from the survey:
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...tackle-domestic-violence-20160419-goahnf.html

I don't doubt that there is still a way to go and I never said there wasn't an issue or that Im pretending it doesn't happen, I specifically acknowledged the issue thats its within a minority of men in the community, which it is. My specific issue is with how they have done it, ''confronting'' is one word ''discriminatory'' is another. Extrapolating being a 12 year old immature boy slamming doors in faces to being a women basher at adult age is pure fantasy. I believe boys have and do some growing up after the age of 12, unlike what the ad implies.

I still think the ad sucks in how it paints men/boys in general. It struck a cord with me, as in I have and never will do this heinous crap or enable it (imo its all common sense/common decency/growing up) but somehow still felt quite targeted by it. It would probably be okay if it wasn't something as serious as DV being implied to be within all men and something to be shaped or pushed out of our boys at a young age, as if we need to be told for our own good.

About the survey you mentioned, the survey work was done in 2013 and the report published in 2015 and its great we are doing these as a society if it contributes to better outcomes for us. I had a read through it was quite informative. Anyway thanks for posting the news article and then spiking my interest in the related survey/report.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers

[SNIP]

I've been married for over 10 years from age 21. So my sample size for anecdotal evidence is rather small. Shame on me. :rolleyes:

Your lazy Google search is exactly that. If you have the access (which I doubt), I suggest you now start researching the 'gender symmetry' debate in IPV reporting. It is not cut-and-dry as you make it out to be. The efficacy of the methodologies used for data collection and analysis that produce the statistics you mentioned is highly contested. But let's pretend for a minute that you got me - women perpetuate IPV more than men.

There's one critical thing you haven't brought up (and those sites have not mentioned) is that while something like a slap from a female to a male is (rightly) classified as IPV, there is a significant difference between that and choking a bitch out - which is, incidentally, between 4 and 11 time more likely to be done by a male (Hamberger, L, Larsden, S & Campbell, J 2016, 'Methodological Contributions to the Gender Symmetry Debate and its Resolution, Journal of Family Violence, vol. 31, no. 8, p. 990)).

Do you privilege the statistics as more important than realities (i.e. the consequences of IPV for the victims)? Because that, IMO, determines whether you have an unhealthy agenda on this topic.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I've been married for over 10 years from age 21. So my sample size for anecdotal evidence is rather small. Shame on me. :rolleyes:

Your lazy Google search is exactly that. If you have the access (which I doubt), I suggest you now start researching the 'gender symmetry' debate in IPV reporting. It is not cut-and-dry as you make it out to be. The efficacy of the methodologies used for data collection and analysis that produce the statistics you mentioned is highly contested.

Yes, and the purpose was to show how easy it is, once you step outside the feminist paradigm, to find evidence that females are more likely to be violent towards their male partners than vice versa. All it takes is a simple google search to discover a far different reality than what feminists would have you believe. I assure you there's no shortage of reliable information out there, beyond the two sites I quoted from, to re-iterate what I'm telling you.

But let's pretend for a minute that you got me - women perpetuate IPV more than men.

We don't need to pretend anything - women perpetrating violence against their male partners is more prevalent than vice versa. If you've been in serious relationships with women, or are close to people who have, I have no clue how you would even try to deny this. The fact is, men underreport violence against them by their female partners, while women overreport violence against them by male partners. This is especially true in cases of divorce or separation when women are trying to gain custody of children or win divorce settlements.

There's one critical thing you haven't brought up (and those sites have not mentioned) is that while something like a slap from a female to a male is (rightly) classified as IPV, there is a significant difference between that and choking a bitch out - which is, incidentally, between 4 and 11 time more likely to be done by a male (Hamberger, L, Larsden, S & Campbell, J 2016, 'Methodological Contributions to the Gender Symmetry Debate and its Resolution, Journal of Family Violence, vol. 31, no. 8, p. 990)).

It would come as no surprise to me that choking is more likely to be done by males, due to the upper body strength required to apply an effective choke. This only means that other forms of violent assault are more likely to be perpetrated by women against men, than vice versa. And I'm not just talking about relatively innocuous behaviors committed by women, such as hitting men in the shoulders or chest when they are angry with them. I'm talking about acts of violence that have the potential to inflict injury. It's well documented in credible domestic violence research that women use weapons and the element of surprise to overcome their natural strength handicap when attacking a male partner.

“Violence by women causes less harm due to obvious differences in size and strength, but it is by no means harmless. Women may use weapons, from knives to household objects—including highly dangerous ones such as boiling water—to neutralize their disadvantage, and men may be held back by cultural prohibitions on using force toward a woman even in self-defense."

Do you privilege the statistics as more important than realities (i.e. the consequences of IPV for the victims)? Because that, IMO, determines whether you have an unhealthy agenda on this topic.

I don't have any agenda on this topic. Unless you regard a simple desire to seek (and point out) the truth as an agenda. I would say that agenda, if you would even call it one, is far more benevolent than the agenda to cover up the truth and replace it with misandric advertising campaigns (such as the one posted earlier in this thread) by virtue of feminist fantasy.

Last edited:

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
So many young middle-class women don't know how to swear properly but still feel the need to throw 3-4 into every sentence. There's an art to it, you posers.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
So many young middle-class women don't know how to swear properly but still feel the need to throw 3-4 into every sentence. There's an art to it, you posers.
Off topic but wholeheartedly agree.good swears are done almost with comedic timing - has to be just the right time for the maximum effectiveness.

Kinda like if every meal you have is gluttonous, there's no such thing as a feast.

wow... i'm not Oz at the moment but are you telling me that ad was enough to trigger broflakes into feeling victimised?

Seems to be the general gist.
Which is why I rarely post in this thread.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers

YEWNIT

Cultural Agitator Esq
Nov 22, 2017
Vic
AFL Club
West Coast
Not feminism. Just a justice system that perhaps takes too much stock in the mental state of an offender when it comes to sentencing.

Mental illness can make people do all sorts of horrible things. Does it absolve people of some responsibility? I don't know. I don't think so. But it's not black and white.

And more stock in ones mental state if you happen to be female.

Clearly.

#patrichachy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back